Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #521
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zage View Post
Which is your favorite Punk Frog?
I can't recall any of the original ones having much in the way of individual personality, so I don't have much of an opinion. I really enjoy how Chad Thomas draws Napoleon in the upcoming Amazing Adventures story featuring them. Genghis Khan was one of my more favorite historical figures when I studied history growing up, so maybe i'd chose his frog counter-part.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #522
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Mutagen was invented long before, as shown by the Triceratons. However, in the modern day Krang, with the Utrom homeworld destroyed, lacked the technical means to create more efficiently, so hired Stockman to synthesize it. But the stuff that seeped into the lagoon in Turtles in Time could been both Ooze and Mutagen that Krang had previously stockpiled. (which was then destroyed by the pirates, which also explains why he had to basically wait until human science caught up a bit, with his help, and was able to contract Stockman to make more).
Ah, of course. I shoulda thought about that, thank you.

Quote:
Pertaining to the other thread, I think you're right Nines, I had forgot that we had mapped out the timeline with those captions that dated the events of Slash's mutation. I don't think it will be a continuity error in terms of the B & R miniseries, but obviously can't speak more to that until the series comes out.
10-4, looking forward to it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #523
Zage
Hench Mutant

Do you think that, maybe, in a future issue, April will become a News Reporter?

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:03 PM   #524
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No, I don't think we have any interest in that. We'd like to keep her with her science roots.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:25 AM   #525
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Bobby,

Now that TMNT Deviations is out I'm curious if there's any chance of seeing more of these Elseworlds style stories for TMNT. Either continuing the continuity after this story, or other branches from the main continuity.

I really enjoyed Deviations and think it'd be cool to get more of these issues as an every once in a while kind of thing.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #526
neatoman
Emperor

So I have some questions about mutant test subjects from an in-universe perspective.
  1. Why was Bludgeon chosen for mutation? We know Koya was a falcon trained by Shredder, Alopex was probably good for Kitsune to control and Bebop/Rocksteady proved themselves in the eyes of Karai. Was there any special reason why Bludgeon in particular was selected or did they just think any shark would do?
  2. Why did Karai choose to mutate humans rather than just animals like everyone else?
  3. What animals is the Mutagen Man based on?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #527
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_hob88 View Post
Bobby,

Now that TMNT Deviations is out I'm curious if there's any chance of seeing more of these Elseworlds style stories for TMNT. Either continuing the continuity after this story, or other branches from the main continuity.

I really enjoyed Deviations and think it'd be cool to get more of these issues as an every once in a while kind of thing.
It's possible, but there's no plans at this time. We've talked about doing more Deviations, but with a different batch of properties.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #528
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So I have some questions about mutant test subjects from an in-universe perspective.
  1. Why was Bludgeon chosen for mutation? We know Koya was a falcon trained by Shredder, Alopex was probably good for Kitsune to control and Bebop/Rocksteady proved themselves in the eyes of Karai. Was there any special reason why Bludgeon in particular was selected or did they just think any shark would do?
  2. Why did Karai choose to mutate humans rather than just animals like everyone else?
  3. What animals is the Mutagen Man based on?
I think the main reason was that tactically it made sense for Shredder to have an aquatic mutant in his ranks, since he already had land and air covered. Knowing he was meeting Krang on his boat, it made sense for him to debut Bludgeon then, if he was needed.

I would imagine that the Foot Clan wanted to see if they could get stronger, better soldiers out of mutating humans. Bebop and Rocksteady proved themselves in combat, but they were still expendable-- so if their mutations went wrong, no big loss to the Clan. In short, mutation is a new field, and they were exploring it.

We haven't decided on a set list of animals that Mutagen Man draws on. It's flexible/open-ended at this point.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:33 PM   #529
CyberCubed
Overlord

Any chance of a Halloween or Christmas themed issue for the holidays later this year?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #530
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
We haven't decided on a set list of animals that Mutagen Man draws on. It's flexible/open-ended at this point.
I like to think he's got human in him for sure...or at least some kind of ape, judging from his brain and skull parts.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:18 PM   #531
mrmaczaps
Banned

What are the odds of naming a (deformed) Utrom after me? Haha

Or how about a simple contest to be drawn into the comics as a background character, eating a slice at Mikey's favorite Pizza place or a civilian being attacked by the Foot Clan (rogue ones, since Splinter is currently in charge) or some gang bangers...?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #532
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Any chance of a Halloween or Christmas themed issue for the holidays later this year?
Maybe!

Here's some more words to make the letter count.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:24 PM   #533
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post

Or how about a simple contest to be drawn into the comics as a background character, eating a slice at Mikey's favorite Pizza place or a civilian being attacked by the Foot Clan (rogue ones, since Splinter is currently in charge) or some gang bangers...?
Tom names the characters, go bug him!

I've toyed with the idea of some sort fan contest like that. There's usually too much on my plate to organize it though, as there's a whole legal headache thing to contend with. Maybe one day.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #534
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Tom names the characters, go bug him!

I've toyed with the idea of some sort fan contest like that. There's usually too much on my plate to organize it though, as there's a whole legal headache thing to contend with. Maybe one day.
Haha, thanks, maybe I will... a friend drew me as a zombie once on the cover of one of his zombie anthology books and it's one of the cooler items in my collection.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:39 PM   #535
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Quote:
Tom names the characters, go bug him!.
I actually did question what deformity would look like in Utroms (besides the very obviously prongs in 2003 Ch'rell - those are definitely a congenital abnormality). The most I could think of in regards to most IDW Utroms (varying from artist to artist) would be split-ended tentacles (basically their version of having extra digits), heterochromia, asymmetrical eye sizes, and maybe crooked jaws.

...I love speculating Utrom biology...I even did a quick doodle of what that might look like.
Spoiler:

Old 03-31-2016, 11:31 AM   #536
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
i can't find if anyone has asked this yet or not?

but i was wondering if Zack Howard was going to be doing any more interior art for the Ninja Turtles?

it took me a bit to realize after seeing Deviations that he also the artist that did one of my ALL time favorite IDW Tmnt covers

not sure how these things come together? but i'd be awesome to get to see him do more Turtles!

oh! on a side note ....
i honestly didn't think i'd love Deviations as much as i did!!!

seriously! i wasn't expecting so much to happen in a one-shot, but WOW did you guys show what can be done in a single issue!

Spoiler:

by the time City Fall had come out IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had long since taken the spot of my favorite comic to look forward to each month.

Leonardo has always been my favorite character, since ......always!
so it was brutally painful to see him get taken and corrupted by the Shredder!
reading issue #23 still pains me to this day!

oddly though, reading Deviations it wasn't seeing Dark-Leo again that had so much of an effect on me as Michelangelo.

once i saw Mikey all evil and corrupted attacking his father in a playful yet malicious manner, my eyes literally began to fill with tears!
so very powerful! i wasn't ready for that, but it was AMAZING!!!!

i really enjoyed the way everything played out! and i absolutely LOVED the happy (not-so happy) ending!!!

anyway i just wanted to say congrats on another GREAT issue!!!

and i'm STILL trying to figure how Kitsune was able to pull the wool over Leonardo's eyes without more resistance of defiance from Leo???

Old 03-31-2016, 12:06 PM   #537
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Here's some more words to make the letter count.
lmao

but yeah, a Halloween issue would be pretty dope. The story possibilities are ample, what with the Turtles able to roam around more freely than normal as everyone would just think they're in costumes, like in the Mikey one-shot way back when
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:27 PM   #538
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post

but i was wondering if Zack Howard was going to be doing any more interior art for the Ninja Turtles?

and i'm STILL trying to figure how Kitsune was able to pull the wool over Leonardo's eyes without more resistance of defiance from Leo???
No, I don't think we'll see any more interiors from Zach, at least not in the foreseeable future. He's a great artist, but it's hard to make the scheduling work. That great art takes a lot of time.

There was an entire issue of brainwashing! That's a hard thing for a teenager to fight!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:09 PM   #539
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Enough to cover through City at War (how far we went with the Color Classics reprints). Not sure how many volumes that is. I'd guess 5.
As of March I think it's Volume 3 Issue 15 but I could be wrong.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:28 PM   #540
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
No, I don't think we'll see any more interiors from Zach, at least not in the foreseeable future. He's a great artist, but it's hard to make the scheduling work. That great art takes a lot of time.
i suppose there are a lot of elements to factor in scheduling, especially when trying to plan around such highly rendered pencils as well as inks as his?

thank you for the reply!

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz