The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #1801
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

found the new surf and skate sets at my local dollar general today.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #1802
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
You need to check amazon and toysrus. I bought a few there as well as the mattel site a week ago.
Cool, I'll keep an eye out! Thank you

I saw Mikey's Coney Island set was posted on Mega Construx's IG. Good news as we can get both B&R now in Nick designs. I certainly had some doubts about these newer sets being released. Hopefully some others start popping up!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #1803
Antrax
Hench Mutant

I just received Miey's Kitchen Chaos set, but I haven't opened it yet. Does any one have a comparison shot of the Minimates and Mega Construx Ice Cream Kitty? I'll open mine tomorrow if nobody has both.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:00 AM   #1804
playmate
Foot Soldier

Exclamation pics please!

I'd love to see these two ICK side by side, from various angles. May I please ask where you ordered your MEGA from? Thanks
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #1805
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
I'd love to see these two ICK side by side, from various angles. May I please ask where you ordered your MEGA from? Thanks
I ordered it from Amazon for $9.99
Mega to the left, Minimate on the right

Spoiler:
Old 05-09-2017, 12:15 AM   #1806
LuckyLadybug
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I spotted a rebranded (as Mega Construx) Classic Collection Party Wagon at TRU over the weekend. I was very surprised to see that Mega had rebranded and was reissuing these.

Moreover the one I found had been bought-and-returned by a customer who swapped out the classic April for the Mega S3 April... that was the only one on the shelf with the newly branded box.

Not sure what we can deduce from this, other than Mega still has a lot of product left they are packaging up and figured they might as well update the box with the new style.
When I bought the Classic Turtle Van from Amazon shortly after Christmas, the one I was sent was in the rebranded Mega Construx box.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:13 AM   #1807
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Picture???
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #1808
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Picture???
I posted a pic a few pages ago.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=1779

In other news...I don't know if this is new or not but it's the first time I noticed it... I was "deep diving" Walmart's website and I noticed that they now have their own listings up for Coney Island, S5 bags, and "Training Packs" for which the pictures are the Kraang Dunk and the Raph Hockey. The listings aren't available for purchase yet though, some of them say "only available in stores", but at least someone other than Target has put Coney Island into their ecommerce system...and S5 seems more and more like it won't be vaporware.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #1809
TatooineSandworm
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax View Post
I ordered it from Amazon for $9.99
Mega to the left, Minimate on the right
Thanks for the tip on the Mega Blok Ice Cream Kitty. I ordered a set from amazon, and it really is the perfect scale for the Playmates turtles. Since we will never get one from Playmates (and even if we had it would have been the wrong scale) this is a perfect supplement to the line!
TatooineSandworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:41 PM   #1810
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatooineSandworm View Post
Thanks for the tip on the Mega Blok Ice Cream Kitty. I ordered a set from amazon, and it really is the perfect scale for the Playmates turtles. Since we will never get one from Playmates (and even if we had it would have been the wrong scale) this is a perfect supplement to the line!
No problem. I bought them specifically to display with my basic figures. I agree that Playmate's version would have been too big. I would have been happy with the Minimate but I like this new one much better.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #1811
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Noticed this morning, Coney Island is gone from Target.com. :panic:
Still on walmart.com.
S5 bags preorderable at notorious online price gouger who shall not be named.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #1812
croaker
Random Punk

Found some really small sets at Dollarama (in Canada) that I hadn't seen before. Just the turtle and 6-7 pieces.
Leo with a fire hydrant, Raph and seesaw, Mikey and lamp post.
croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #1813
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I noticed Target had all of the TMNT Mega Construx on their clearance end cap with no price. I asked an employee and they scanned them and said they are discontinued items...not looking good for this line Series 4 blind bags were included in this.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #1814
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by croaker View Post
Found some really small sets at Dollarama (in Canada) that I hadn't seen before. Just the turtle and 6-7 pieces.
Leo with a fire hydrant, Raph and seesaw, Mikey and lamp post.
Nice to know they are showing up in the North. They were released in the USA last year.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:30 AM   #1815
Angry_Raph
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
I noticed Target had all of the TMNT Mega Construx on their clearance end cap with no price. I asked an employee and they scanned them and said they are discontinued items...not looking good for this line Series 4 blind bags were included in this.
That doesn't mean much to me. Last time they changed the building block section Mega went from a full side of the aisle (or half a side of the aisle depending on the store) to a small 3 foot section. Target is cramming Destiny, Halo, TMNT, and dinotrux (?) into that section, and now Despicable Me 3 is getting sets. So Target is going to drop something to get space for the new stuff. Even Walmart had new TMNT Construx sets on clearance by error right after they were released.
Angry_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #1816
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Raph View Post
That doesn't mean much to me. Last time they changed the building block section Mega went from a full side of the aisle (or half a side of the aisle depending on the store) to a small 3 foot section. Target is cramming Destiny, Halo, TMNT, and dinotrux (?) into that section, and now Despicable Me 3 is getting sets. So Target is going to drop something to get space for the new stuff. Even Walmart had new TMNT Construx sets on clearance by error right after they were released.
Yes but this is every set Target had. There isn't a space for TMNT anymore. Walmart made the error but still had a section for them aside from the clearance sets. Don't get me wrong, I want this to just be nothing more than creating space but with the show ending and all, I don't know how much more we are going to get.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:55 AM   #1817
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

When I first read your posts about Target I was skeptical because I was at the time hitting many Targets last weekend and none of them had changed yet.

But now after hitting 6 of them again yesterday, you're right. Although there are variations still between stores.

All 6 had taken them out of the main Mega section. Side note, some had the new Pokeballs out.

One or two of them had them on an end cap, NOT yet clearanced.

The others either had no trace left to be found, or, had a few on clearance end caps. I scored another Dimension X set for $7.98. And when I did, no register or scanner would bring it up -- they had to do a manual price entry from the sticker.

I'd say that yep, for now it looks like Target is done with TMNT Mega -- and I'm guessing its mainly to make room for Pokemon. And I bet those, if people find out they exist, will move a lot more product for them. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's the end of the road for TMNT at Target.

Walmarts have been shrinking down too. I still see a lot of 'em at K-mart, but there aren't many K-marts around me and they are all ultra low traffic so nothing moves.

At this point best hope for TMNT Mega is Toys R Us, having recently upped their Mega aisle game, and still having significant space dedicated to TMNT. Plus they are selectively clearancing out the older sets while leaving the newer sets at full price -- so they appear to actually have a strategy unlike other retailers who kept accidentally clearancing everything. But having to say that TRU is our best hope is not really good news, though it's better than all bad news.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #1818
cloud
Stone Warrior

That is sad. I thought Mega Bloks really managed the TMNT line very well. Better than how LEGO is handling their licenses.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #1819
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

But are we getting all these new sets that have been shown in the checklist thread? If we are, that's still a ton of new content.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #1820
inaheap
Mad Scientist

It's pretty depressing at my TRU Mega bloks section too. Minimal restock with everything but the canisters clearanced.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote