The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #141
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Was it in NECA's contract to not be allowed to sculpt new arms and legs for Shredder? Because they did an excellent job on the new head and upper body, but re-using the other parts makes it look like a half done job. Or is it really worth re-using old parts from Mirage Comics Shredder and Foot Soldier just to save some money? Because if they were going for toon accuracy, re-using those parts doesn't make sense, Cartoon Shredder doesn't have those black wraps around the wrists, has metal straps attached to armor, etc.

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/images...Shredder17.jpg

Looking at the gallery I can't help but notice all the parts that were re-used, like Foot Soldier's belt being extra wide, or the bottom of Shredder's shirt got painted black to blend in with the pants, since these parts were really based on Mirage Comics. Would've been awesome if they were all new sculpts to be 100% toon accurate, including the armor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #142
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
That throwback case is sweet, I still have my original one. It would be cool if Neca released a 3-pack foot solider set or another type of accessory pack to go with this set.
Yeah good ideas! Or what about the NECA turtle Party Wagon. NYCC maybe? A guy can dream I suppose.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:04 AM   #143
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Not my discovery, but someone on Twitter pointed this out from the Sewer Mutation Warrior Alien's description:
The Weyland-Yutani outpost is DX-5.1.1.8.7, as in Dimension X, November 5th (episode air date), from the 1987 series.

Really cool easter egg on NECA's part.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #144
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Was it in NECA's contract to not be allowed to sculpt new arms and legs for Shredder? Because they did an excellent job on the new head and upper body, but re-using the other parts makes it look like a half done job. Or is it really worth re-using old parts from Mirage Comics Shredder and Foot Soldier just to save some money? Because if they were going for toon accuracy, re-using those parts doesn't make sense, Cartoon Shredder doesn't have those black wraps around the wrists, has metal straps attached to armor, etc.

Looking at the gallery I can't help but notice all the parts that were re-used, like Foot Soldier's belt being extra wide, or the bottom of Shredder's shirt got painted black to blend in with the pants, since these parts were really based on Mirage Comics. Would've been awesome if they were all new sculpts to be 100% toon accurate, including the armor.
Compared to the alternative which is making these all from scratch(customs). I'm willing to take these as is and do the fixes myself. Now I just need someone to pick me up a set.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #145
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

So am I understanding correctly that they will have only 200 for preorders on the NECA site on the 20th for non con attendees?

Sounds like a bloodbath

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #146
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
This is their Aliens SDCC exclusive this year. "Sewer mutation alien warrior" aka a pizza monster homage from the FW cartoon.
http://news.toyark.com/2017/06/02/se...clusive-254608

This one figure will only be available to attendees and thru their Alien Club online
https://s10.postimg.org/3nyg422pl/IMG_9832.png

https://s10.postimg.org/r3gd9emgp/IMG_9833.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/kr17zkjeh/IMG_9834.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/hy80fjj21/IMG_9835.jpg

https://s10.postimg.org/nno8zup89/IMG_9836.jpg

img

The bio is a nice merging of Aliens lore with the plot of the cartoon episode.

In regards to the TMNT collector's set- take note- JUNE 20th for preorders
https://s18.postimg.org/hlv8cyq5l/IMG_9837.jpgfree picture upload
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
So am I understanding correctly that they will have only 200 for preorders on the NECA site on the 20th for non con attendees?

Sounds like a bloodbath
Where did you pull that number from?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #147
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Where did you pull that number from?
Oh sorry! I think I misread another post saying that got confirmation it was 200. It was vague but after rereading the thread again I think they were talking about price.

So the set is limited to 5000, but we don't know what is allotted for online vs. the con I guess until we get more details then?

Old 06-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #148
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Oh sorry! I think I misread another post saying that got confirmation it was 200. It was vague but after rereading the thread again I think they were talking about price.

So the set is limited to 5000, but we don't know what is allotted for online vs. the con I guess until we get more details then?
I said that but I meant price was 200. The sets are limited to 5000 I did not see anywhere a certain amount was to non attendees
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:36 PM   #149
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
I said that but I meant price was 200. The sets are limited to 5000 I did not see anywhere a certain amount was to non attendees
Yea I figured that part out about that number being the price after I reread the thread. Sorry about the misunderstanding there.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #150
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post

Contracts don't really work that way. Rarely goes that specific.
That being said. It's most likely a cost thing.
It's funny that something similar happened with my DreamEx Shredder. He came with the the armor pieces separate so I have to dress him into his armor. I got him all suit up and opened the plastic bag that holds the cape and realize there's two arm bands that it came with that you can put on his forearms. Guess you have 2 looks for him for the DreamEx version..
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #151
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
Now I wasn't referring directly to you,but there have been a lot off complaints about price,exclusive and why they don't number the sets.now if you are not a serious collector why bother asking them to number the sets??.as off now it doesn't matter if you get the set from sdcc or china because they are off same quality.now I don't say there will be some rejected in between and whene the original batch are sold out we will see lesser quality bootlegs of the popular sets.its doubtful we will see it on the arcade set possibly the nycc set and most likely this year sdcc set but time will tell.
If you did look at my last post I did say its a big difference in quality etc in the old mirage tube sets and last year sdcc set and to date so it's no reason to be rude.i got some sets of both original and bootlegs,so I know the difference and I can tell you that I got some of the first bootlegs and they hold better than my originals.
I’m surprised anyone is against numbering the sets. Personally, I don’t see a problem with it. Yes I said I’m not a serious collector, but if I ever had the opportunity to buy a set off eBay in a few years’ time it would be nice to know if it was one of the…”early” sets.

I know you are arguing your point that there is no difference between the early con sets and the China sets, but it would just be nice to know. I’m glad you’re passionate about defending the Chinese product. I work for a company that makes plastics products in the UK, Dubai and China. I know for a fact that some high quality grades of plastic cannot be purchased in China, so they use materials that are as close as possible. Also when moulding in Dubai the conditions such as temperature and humidity can affect the quality of the mouldings. So I do believe from my own experiences that although small, there may be some differences between the first sets and the follow up sets from China.

They’re not numbering anyway, so the anti-serialisation brigade can remain happy.

Price – this seems OK to me, not a problem for what we are getting.

Exclusivity – it annoys me this is US only, but that’s not a NECA issue, that’s a Playmates one as far as I understand it.

And I’m sorry you found my previous post rude, it wasn’t meant to be and didn’t seem that way to me when I read back over it. But if I unintentionally offended you I apologise.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #152
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Parts re-use is what helps to bring these figures in at $25 each, and to make it even financially worth it for NECA to do these 'con exclusive, limited issue sets. New steel mold (tooling) construction for new pieces is extremely expensive.

Doesn't bother me a bit. There is quite a lot of new tooling and sculpting in the enemy figures, especially where it counts, so I'm good with that.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #153
Fozzy Badfeet
Random Punk

Hoping the NECA site doesn't crash and we all have an opportunity to place an order.
Fozzy Badfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #154
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Full preorder details

Full preorder details for 6/20, 6/21, 6/22
Read all the fine print
http://news.toyark.com/2017/06/06/de...07#more-255107
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #155
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

This actually does sound like a bloodbath
Old 06-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #156
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Unless they only make like 500 available on the website I really don't see an issue. The Mirage set was available nearly all day and extras were put up on neca online after SDCC. There's twice as many of these and I really don't think it'll be a challenge to get (for the US residents, I know it sucks for everyone else).

I think the $200 price limit is fair but I think it'll also deter some of the scalpers.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #157
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm sure the messaging has been careful crafted to ensure maximum sales success. Does NECA have an advertising budget for TMNT. I am curious what those main review websites got. Someone told me in sales you want to create a sense of urgency. Sometimes it's true sometimes only hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Unless they only make like 500 available on the website I really don't see an issue. The Mirage set was available nearly all day and extras were put up on neca online after SDCC. There's twice as many of these and I really don't think it'll be a challenge to get (for the US residents, I know it sucks for everyone else).

I think the $200 price limit is fair but I think it'll also deter some of the scalpers.
Scalpers take preorders now for bigger ticket items. Already on eBay, lame. I think selling the figs from the pack individually is how it will have to work out for the scalpers. I can't see someone paying $350 but maybe $40 imho
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #158
Fozzy Badfeet
Random Punk

Quote:
I think this can do be doable. Three days of chances to purchase a set? Just have to be quick.
Fozzy Badfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #159
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i was quick on walmart.com to snag a NES Classic for 3 days and still didnt

i know big difference between the 2 but scalpers are the reasons for my thinking
Old 06-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #160
degausser
Thug

Its been a minute since I've been on here. But only 8pages?! Thought you guys would be stoked about these haha
degausser is offline   Reply With Quote