The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I watch We Wish You A Turtles Christmas every year on Xmas. I'm sure I have some others but that's all that comes to mind right now.
Fully re-watching the Fred Wolf series every Summer break used to be my anual tradition from about 2003 to 2008. I loved doing that, but I have seen most episodes countless times already and am no longer a kid/teenager, so it doesn't have the same impact anymore Plus, back then you couldn't as easily obtain cartoon episodes like you do nowadays, so it felt more special to have them recorded on VHS.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:57 PM   #22
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

So ocd rituals don't count?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
So ocd rituals don't count?
Everything counts
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:58 AM   #24
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
There is one spiritual/religious ritual of sorts that I practice every year in spring, usually on or around Beltaine(May 1st). I go outdoors at some point, often several times over three or four weeks around that time, and do something to renew my connection to nature and the web of life. It can be almost anything- like going out in a storm to feel the rain on my face, walking a route home from work that takes me past a more natural setting to enjoy the closeness of nature, stopping at one of my favorite rest spots to sit and meditate and listen to the birds, or going out into a field of wildflowers and picking a bouquet to bring home and place in a vase in my kitchen (bring the outdoors indoors). It helps me reconnect with the beauty and wonderous variety of nature and the cycle of renewal and rebirth that comes with spring. It is my favorite season and Beltaine is a personally important holiday for me because I first converted to Wicca just a couple of weeks before that holiday, making it the first pagan holiday I ever celebrated.
Thats a very interesting ritual indeed. Despite not being Wiccan myself and not celebrating the holiday itself specifically, I often go out into nature and just appreciate it all like you do, while thinking alot about religion/creation. I don't know how to describe it, but it is a very beautiful feeling to be able to let yourself sink into nature, if that makes sense.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #25
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It can indeed. Oddly enough it it something I've done nearly all my life, without even knowing that was what I wasdoing. Grww up with very outdoorsy parents who took me on oodles of camping dirt biking or fishing trips, and I usually went off on my own on those trips. Birdwatching, identifying flowers, or just hiking alone to see the sights where we were. It stuck with me and gave me a much deeper appreciation for those wild places.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote