The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

The Craig Ferguson Show and Scottish history

Anyone listening to the craig ferguson show on XM?

so glad he's back. Corden sucks IMHO and with Craig on the Radio, I can pretend he doesn't exist.

Anyway, I'm listening to them talk about halloween in Scotland.apparently, they call it 'guisin' and you have to do little shows like reciting a poem or singing a song before you get the candy.

I've learned never to believe what you hear on the radio, especially if it's for a good bit. any truth to this, scottish drome dwellers?

My grandfather grew up in glasgow in the 20s, so any time craig talks about his homeland, it gives me a little insight into what he must have had as childhood.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

I never cared for Craig, at least on his late night talk show. Didn't find him funny at all, nor did I think he had the chops for that kinda position. Not unlikable by any means, just not my cup of tea.

However, on the radio, I gotta say, I like him! He's way better with free reign. So yeah, I've actually listened to a fair few of his shows, ones where comedians I like are guesting, & he gets a good vibe going with them in that format.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I love Craig. Loved him on Late Night too. I don't have XM though so I haven't been able to hear his show. His History Channel show was pretty good.

I miss him and Geoff Peterson (Josh Robert Thompson) so much.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
Vegita-San
Emperor

If you search youtube, a few of the shows have been posted, but not many.

sadly, they are only available for a week on the xm site. so you have to listen to 'em fast before they vanish.

but yeah. craig is a natural fit for radio. and it's just like his TV series, only expanded by about an hour, lots more swearing, and of course no visuals.

I admit i kind of miss clean craig. seeing him try to get around the censors of the show was rather humorous, and created many a new saying like 'shut the front door'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

Shut the front door definitely wasn't his creation (though it may well have become a catch phrase, I'm not familiar).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #6
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
If you search youtube, a few of the shows have been posted, but not many.

sadly, they are only available for a week on the xm site. so you have to listen to 'em fast before they vanish.

but yeah. craig is a natural fit for radio. and it's just like his TV series, only expanded by about an hour, lots more swearing, and of course no visuals.

I admit i kind of miss clean craig. seeing him try to get around the censors of the show was rather humorous, and created many a new saying like 'shut the front door'
I totally understand what you're saying.

Him constantly creating innuendo out of things was great. A lot of it was inside jokes created by him and Geoff and him messing with Michael off camera.

Now every time I hear or see something that seems like innuendo I think of Craig.