The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Mario Kart vs. F-Zero
Mario Kart 7 77.78%
F-Zero 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2017, 03:06 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Mario Kart vs. F-Zero

Which one of these Nintendo racing series do you prefer?

Both have given us great games throughout history but I prefer F-Zero. For one thing, I've always felt F-Zero took more skill to be good at while Mario Kart relied more on items and how well you used them to gain advantage over the opponents. Also, in Mario Kart you seem to get hit by a blue shell in every race after a full lap of being in 1st place and that's pretty damn annoying. Also, in Mario Kart, if you fall off the track, Lakitu will just drop you back on the track while in F-Zero... you crash and burn. And needless to say, there's no items.

Ofc Mario Kart can be pretty tough at times as well, but I feel a bigger sense of reward when I win a cup in F-Zero, especially when I beat the last F-Zero X and F-Zero GX cups on the highest difficulty levels. And that FGX story mode holy hell was it hard.

Now, obviously Mario Kart has more creative tracks since you can interact with the environment in that series unlike in F-Zero where the track is thousands of kilometres above ground level.

And ofc Mario Kart also wins character wise since the characters are all familiar to us while most people don't care much about F-Zero characters I'd say. F-Zeor focuses more on the cars and each car is different, which is cool.

But yeah, I prefer F-Zero overall. I love the speed, the futuristic theme, the OSTs of the various F-Zero games and the series has my all-time favourite racing game: F-Zero GX.

I miss the F-Zero franchise...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:25 AM   #2
Mayhem
Foot Elite

You do realise SNES Mario Kart started off as an F-Zero sequel, don't you?
Old 06-17-2017, 04:34 AM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I prefer Mario Kart but no Mario character comes even close to the sheer awesommess of Falcon in Smash Bros.

Show me ya moves!
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #4
sdp
-

They are very different games even if they're both racing games;. That's why many people just put Mario Kart in the "kart racing" category.

I prefer Mario Kart since I'm not a huge fan of racers and the items make it more fun for me and give me a chance to be better. F-Zero is fun since it's so fast and tracks can be awesome but I wouldn't consider it one of my favorites, I can't think of many racing only games that I like a lot, Episode I racer is the only non MK racing game I played as much as a MK game.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:08 AM   #5
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I only find Mario Kart fun whenever I play with a group of people. Otherwise I don't even bother with it. F-Zero is much more fun playing it solo. It challenges you more and keeps you on your toes.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Mario Kart

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote