The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-15-2005, 12:34 AM   #241
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

lol

I dunno though, I think you HAVE to be about making money to start up a buisness and keep it running. Then again, I can think of a few that are known for losing money .
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:37 AM   #242
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Yes, but California is still by far the most media influenced state. And Im stuck living here. What ever TV, the radio, and magazines tells you to like everyone likes. It gets on my nerves <_<
Maybe I should just move to another state
Old 01-15-2005, 12:40 AM   #243
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

No, don't do it. Everything east of you gets further and further into hillbilly country. You think people are dumb in CA? Try Oklahoma where we still have Pre-World War II beliefs. You don't agree, you're a public reject. Stay put Spitfire. You don't realize how much hell is over here.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:43 AM   #244
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Ew, that sucks Spitfire... wait, hold on. Gotta go to McDonalds, 'cause apparently I'm Lovin' It. *cymbol crash*. Hehehe.

If Nintendo DOES release a Pokemon MMORPG, what do you guys think about starting a Technodrome guild?
Old 01-15-2005, 12:49 AM   #245
Super Moderator

I'm up for it. I'll be playing that damn game like it's a goddamn religion. I'd knock a f*ckin' kid out to take his place in line for it. I'd go so nuts...man.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:52 AM   #246
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Oh, I can think of at least six other people in this town alone that'd be on it nonstop. One kid's already raised about 30 pokemon up to level 100 in his LeafGreen game. I don't even have that many up to level 50 >_>.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:55 AM   #247
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I'm game. Gotta get my fix of Pokecrack.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:57 AM   #248
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

*looks up from crushing his Pikachu Yellow version's casing* Huh? Oh, I'm not doing anything officer! I swear!
Old 01-15-2005, 01:21 AM   #249
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Damn MSN is showing out again. Ugh.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:22 AM   #250
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Yeah, it's done that a good three times to me tonight. Plus Livejournal's down. It's amazing I'm still on here, considering I have to work at 11 tommrow.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:23 AM   #251
Super Moderator

I'm still on MSN. The servers where your name and information are stored are probably down. Just wait a bit and it should kick back in, or you have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:27 AM   #252
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I have tons of Poke'mon games....I would love to play one against people online or something
But isnt the RPG your talking about for DS? How would you guys play unless you all met somewhere?
Old 01-15-2005, 01:30 AM   #253
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

The DS has 802.11 WiFi built in to the system.

You find a wifi hotspot, and it can get on the net.

The game would be an MMORPG (Everquest, World of Warcraft. Or think .Hack), but it'd have to be free for it to really work.

And just think, when they feel the need to make more Pokemon, they could just updated the servers with pokedex info for them instead of releasing more and more games.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:31 AM   #254
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Iwata: Revolution will bring a "paradigm shift" to gaming

Nintendo president confirms his company's next-gen console will be unveiled at E3, says it will lure retired gamers and nongamers to the market.
TOKYO--In a full-page interview in Thursday's Kyoto Journal, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata commented on the current state of the company's next-generation game console--being developed under the working title "Revolution."

Iwata said the Revolution will cause a "paradigm shift" in video gaming, and reconfirmed that details on the machine will be unveiled at the upcoming E3 in May. He added that the machine will most likely come out somewhere between 2005 and 2006, when Sony and Microsoft are expected to release their next-generation consoles. Currently very little is known about the Revolution except that it may not use a conventional controller and may be able to connect to a PC monitor as well as the traditional TV screen.

"The keyword for the DS was 'innovative product,' but it will be 'paradigm shift in [game] play' with the Revolution," Iwata said in his interview with Kyoto's popular local newspaper.

"The concept behind our new console, tentatively named 'Revolution,' is the same as the DS. We want it to broaden the [video gaming] audience range, and we don't want it to be something that people will see as too irrelevant to them, too difficult to use, or as something that wastes space. We'll announce specific details at the E3 ... It will most likely come out between this year [and] next year, which is considered to be the transition period for home consoles," Iwata said.

Iwata said the DS and PSP aren't directly competing, because Nintendo is aiming for nongamers and retired gamers with its handheld, while Sony is targeting the traditional gaming audience. He added that his company will also attempt to avoid competing in the next-gen console market.

"Similar to the relationship that the DS has with the PSP, we won't fight over the same share of the pie with another company. We have no intention of fighting over shares of the market in a way that will shrink it. For us, success will depend on whether we can call back people that have stopped playing games, and whether we can also bring in a new base of customers. That way, our share [of the market] will increase since the market will grow bigger," Iwata said.

Iwata also took time to comment on the success of the DS. "We shipped 2.8 million units in Japan and America by the end of last year, and most had reached the hands of our customers by early after New Year's. Its sales are very good when compared to the launch of other game machines we've sold in the past. We feel that the DS has gained a wide range of audience. Aside from video game fans, people that haven't played games in a long time, or never played games before, have been picking up the DS," Iwata said. "According to research, the sales of game hardware for one month, starting in late November, increased by 75 percent compared to the past year, and game software sales also rose by about 10 percent. I believe that the DS is hindering people from losing interest in video games."

When asked by the Kyoto Journal what he thought of the PSP, Iwata stated relatively bluntly that Sony is going in a direction that Nintendo doesn't believe in, though he softened that by saying he welcomes Sony's entrance into the market--since it should expand the total gaming audience.

"In the past, the video game industry grew on high-quality graphics and data volume," Iwata said. "We decided to move into a different direction, since we believe that those days have ended. But by watching the PSP, we see that there are also people that have different thoughts from us. But it's up to the consumers to make the judgment, and it'll also be good if we can expand the market size by bringing out our best points."

Iwata also commented briefly on Nintendo's entrance into the movie market, hinting that although the company is strongly considering the move, it isn't completely sure if it will be going into the business just yet.

"We're strongly considering the matter. I've been in contact with the script writers, directors, and the production companies. We're looking into the potentials between movies and video games. But if we decide to really go into the movie business, it will be around summer of 2006 at the earliest."

By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot
POSTED: 01/14/05 05:14 PM PST
_______________--

Same sh*t. Gemme new news dammit. Oh wait....what is this...

RUMOR #4: Sega is readying another Sonic game for the GameCube.

Source: Blue hedgehog enthusiasts Sonichq.org.

The official story: Sega did not respond to solicitations to comment.

What we heard: In an incredibly brief article, Sonichq.org cites an interview with Sonic Heroes creator Yuji Naka in Official UK Nintendo Magazine. In the interview, Naka reportedly says he is working on a new Sonic title for the GameCube, which he hopes to finish within the year. And although the interview itself can't be read online, it is almost certainly true, since Sega has released a Sonic game for the GameCube every year since 2002.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
POSTED: 01/14/05 05:26 PM PST

If it's Sonic Heroes 2, then to hell with them. If it's Sonic Adventure 3, with all the things they've learned from past mistakes, then I'll have an orgasm.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #255
Spitfire
Writer • Director

That is the greatest idea ever! I would buy a DS just for that
Old 01-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #256
Peanut
Second Gear

That's the one thing that would probably make me play DS online very little. Finding a hot spot. I don't think I'd put up the effor to find one.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:42 AM   #257
Super Moderator

Me either. I think the closest Wi-Fi hot spot I have is Philly. What, I have to spend damn near $5 for the train ride or $3 for the bridge just to play DS online? No thanks. I'll play by myself...and maybe with myself.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:43 AM   #258
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

You both have cable. Get a cheap wireless router.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:44 AM   #259
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Hot spots are just wireless internet right?
Theres like 50 Starbucks by my house*litterly* that have wireless internet so I think I could manage. And my friends neighbor has wireless internet so he gets free high speed internet when he uses his labtop in the living room hahaha
Old 01-15-2005, 01:44 AM   #260
Super Moderator

The cheapest wireless router is...almost $150. Maybe less, because I haven't looked in a while. I'm not paying practically another DS for online play.