The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-13-2021, 09:49 AM   #21
mrmaczaps
Banned

Nothing normal or new, about a tyrannical government. Zero need for masks. Covid is the flu and the lockdowns, forcing masking of the population and soon to be forced vaccines on all is ludicrous & unneeded.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:21 AM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I just know whenever we get the call, there's gonna a LOT of people groaning and moaning about having to actually go back to the office again. Ain't no one want that. In fact I know some people that moved out of town but can still work since it's Work At Home. Whenever that happens, they'll have to look for work elsewhere cause the commute will just be too far to be worth it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:29 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I just know whenever we get the call, there's gonna a LOT of people groaning and moaning about having to actually go back to the office again. Ain't no one want that. In fact I know some people that moved out of town but can still work since it's Work At Home. Whenever that happens, they'll have to look for work elsewhere cause the commute will just be too far to be worth it.
That's going to be me. Been working from home since April 2020 (so in another month it'll be a full year), and this is THE LIFE!

- No commute (saves me 2 hours a day going and coming home from work)
- Get to sleep an hour later in the morning since there's no commute
- Not having to buy expensive lunch outside because you get hungry
- At home I can "surf da web" and play videogames at the same time as my job. Obviously when I'm in the office I can't do this.

God I am dreading the day they call us back to the office permanently. I may have to start looking up jobs online where you work from home forever.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 03-13-2021 at 12:37 PM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #24
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's going to be me. Been working from home since April 2020 (so in another month it'll be a full year), and this is THE LIFE!

- No commute (saves me 2 hours a day going and coming home from work)
- Get to sleep an hour later in the morning since there's no commute
- Not having to buy expensive lunch outside because you get hungry
- At some I can "surf da web" and play videogames at the same time as my job. Obviously when I'm in the office I can't do this.

God I am dreading the day they call us back to the office permanently. I may have to start looking up jobs online where you work from home forever.
Yeah and most of my closest co-workers turned friends (as in we hang out outside of work) have either quit or gotten fired. I feel no reason to return to the office anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:39 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

My office is also really boring too, mostly a bunch of middle-age older people in their late 40's or older 50's who I have nothing in common with. So it's not like I really have anyone to talk to anything much about either, all our cubicles are also divided by wall panels so you have to stand up to see anyone anyway.

Granted I can surf the internet on my cell phone but the work computer blocks out any internet access outside of the sites we're supposed to be on. But my neck gets strained looking down at my cell phone all day.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:30 AM   #26
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My "new normal" looks a lot like the old one. Masks are an inconvenience at most, social distancing on the job is nigh impossible, so largely ignored, and I rarely ever left the house for anything but groceries or the bank anyway. The only weird part aside from masks is that now, if anyone coughs or sneezes, everyone looks at them suspiciously.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Funny thing is I almost never go to a bank anymore either unless I need some cash. I have direct deposit with my job, and any checks I get in the mail for anything I deposit through my phones citibank app where you take a picture of it. And besides that I electronically transfer money through the citibank website on the computer.

Sometimes I do need cash for whatever so I go to the bank maybe once a month to get some $20 dollar bills or whatnot, but that's rare.

It's actually amazing we can all do our banking digitally now and we never have to step one foot into a bank ever again. I still remember when I was a teen my parents teaching me how to deposit checks in a bank where you had to fill out this form and then lick the envelope, lol...thank god we can just take pictures with our phones now.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:12 AM   #28
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Our franchise doesn't have direct deposit, so I have to physically go in to deposit my paychecks. Doesn't bother me, though, because I usually get a balance while I'm there, and sometimes take cash out when I deposit it, just to have some on me. Plus, Mr D's bus fare checks from SSI have to be cashed, since the TAPS service only takes cash, which means I have to do it via my account since his disability is ONLY direct deposit, and they send a physical check for the transportation funds.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:59 AM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm just really glad almost everything can be done from home now. The only thing I still have to go out for are haircuts since I cannot cut my own hair properly. If I could find out how to do haircuts at home I'd do that too.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:06 PM   #30
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm just really glad almost everything can be done from home now. The only thing I still have to go out for are haircuts since I cannot cut my own hair properly. If I could find out how to do haircuts at home I'd do that too.
More awkward for those with short hair, though I did chop my long hair during this time when I got bored. Just shaping required when the salons open again

So far a 'New normal' I see it being just for a time (even though it's been a year already) Also I am guessing you mean where everything is open with masks and distancing rather than lockdowns and not being able to go into another persons home.

Last edited by newfan; 03-14-2021 at 12:18 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The "new" for me is still the same inconveniences of masks and people being bad about the 6' rule. Look forward to when it's behind us.

Quote:
If I could find out how to do haircuts at home I'd do that too.
Looked for the real ad from back in the day, but found this instead. (Note, language might not be appropriate for nearby kids.)

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote