The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #41
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
On several occasions! Most of the time I can only get a whisper to come out no matter how hard I try to be loud.
Yep. I had a dream I was in a car and a HUGE fly was in there, and I tried to scream for mom or dad to get it out, but I couldn't even get a whisper outta me.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #42
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hey, while we're at it, let's pretend watching young girls shows like My Little Pony as an adult is cool and ironic!
And if they dare call it a girl show, freak out and scream that buying pink toys with brushable hair as a 28 year old dude isn't strange at all!

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #43
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
And if they dare call it a girl show, freak out and scream that buying pink toys with brushable hair as a 28 year old dude isn't strange at all!
psssh, that's a Tuesday for me
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #44
gobo
Wacky Action

The majority of my dreams involve struggling/failing in various school settings. The best dreams I have are the ones I don't remember.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #45
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

years back I had the weirdest dream that I and my pet turtles got mutated into humanoid turtles after being a victim of a truck accident. For some strange reason in the dream I had my turtles out for a walk in a goldfish bowl. How 2 female RES would fit inside it is a mystery

after a lot of weird stuff, one of the turtles suggested we'd do crime-fighting dressed as, well. The TMNT. An idea he got from watching TMNT on TV.

so with bandannas from my old costumes I had as a kid, i was geared with my wallhanger Katana, Macguyver my res male had the replica sword Icingdeath from the Drizzt book series, Laura my hot tempered female had my pair of Sai and the last female Harriette had my homemade Nunchuck.

And the rest of the dream consisted of fighting thugs in my local city
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #46
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That sounds like a weird yet amusing dream, Candy.

And, Stryker, the Parking Wars people won't be in the fic itself. It'll be the wrestlers as the ones giving out tickets to people. You may not like the idea, but I, for one, think it's the most hilarious thing I've come up with.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #47
Raphael86
Foot Soldier

Remembered a nightmare I keep having. I'm in bed and I can't move. And someone or something is in the house coming after me. Freaks the hell out of me every time. Anyone else ever have that nightmare? A few nights ago, that was the only dream I had all night long.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #48
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I've had nightmares where a tornado is coming, and I'm trying to warn everybody before it's too late, but they don't listen to me and end up getting killed. Scariest dream ever.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #49
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

I had a dream that my entire family was gathered outside of my grandparent's old house. Apparently we were getting ready to go to war so we all wielded...toothpaste guns (a gun with a toothpaste tube being the barrel). So a several members of my family told my grandmother they didn't understand what the toothpaste guns did and she shot some at me as an example. The paste landed on my neck and I freaked out asking why she would shoot me with it. She said I would be alright because the drug wouldn't take effect as long as I stayed in the shade. So I start wiping off the paste only to once again be used as an example. It is then I begin to feel lightheaded and I tell my family, "Stop I think the drug is starting to take effect on me!"
Then the dream switched to something else.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #50
ToTheNines
[sic]

I dream that I'm Green Arrow pretty frequently. It's awesome. Still wish I was Batman, though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #51
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
I had a dream that my entire family was gathered outside of my grandparent's old house. Apparently we were getting ready to go to war so we all wielded...toothpaste guns (a gun with a toothpaste tube being the barrel). So a several members of my family told my grandmother they didn't understand what the toothpaste guns did and she shot some at me as an example. The paste landed on my neck and I freaked out asking why she would shoot me with it. She said I would be alright because the drug wouldn't take effect as long as I stayed in the shade. So I start wiping off the paste only to once again be used as an example. It is then I begin to feel lightheaded and I tell my family, "Stop I think the drug is starting to take effect on me!"
Then the dream switched to something else.

It's really strange that you seem to remember every single tiny detail in your dreams.

Almost as if you're just writing these long stories in an attempt to be funny.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #52
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

Quote:
It's really strange that you seem to remember every single tiny detail in your dreams.

Dude, I write my dreams down every morning. I have a dream journal next to my bed so when I wake up I immediately jot down what I remember so I don't forget them. People who research dreams say this helps you remember your dreams more because it tells your brain that this is something important that you don't want to just forget.

If you don't believe me that is fine.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #53
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Dude, I write my dreams down every morning. I have a dream journal next to my bed so when I wake up I immediately jot down what I remember so I don't forget them. People who research dreams say this helps you remember your dreams more because it tells your brain that this is something important that you don't want to just forget.

If you don't believe me that is fine.
I too have a dream journal and it can help dream recall immensely. Not everyone's dreams are vague and fuzzy.

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #54
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:

Just because she remembers details from her dream doesn't mean she's making it up. There's no need to say things like this to other people. As a wise person once said, if you can't say something nice, don't say it. Lets just have a friendly conversation with each other and try to get along.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #55
Raphael86
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
I too have a dream journal and it can help dream recall immensely. Not everyone's dreams are vague and fuzzy.
I used to, but then I just got lazy. Keeping a dream journal is a very good idea though. When I had Creative Writing in college, I almost always referenced mine and got commended on my originality and randomness.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #56
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael86 View Post
I used to, but then I just got lazy. Keeping a dream journal is a very good idea though. When I had Creative Writing in college, I almost always referenced mine and got commended on my originality and randomness.
Yeah, I had a few months' period where I got lazy as well. Only a few weeks ago did I start up again. You're right in that they're a great source of inspiration; I like to use mine for poems and short stories all the time!

Last night I dreamed I was lost in a Japanese mall, searching for a box which belonged to my grandmother, who was moving into an apartment in Tokyo. I remember the clothes in the store were so gorgeous and tempting, but I had to keep my mind on finding that box.

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #57
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Just because she remembers details from her dream doesn't mean she's making it up. There's no need to say things like this to other people. As a wise person once said, if you can't say something nice, don't say it. Lets just have a friendly conversation with each other and try to get along.

Exactly keep the rude comments to yourselves people. This is supposed to be fun.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #58
gobo
Wacky Action

Zany Orange Dude is a dudette? O_o

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #59
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

I had this strange dream that I was Patrick Star, and this drill sargeant was yelling at me to do push ups. And I was talking in third person for some reason.
Drill Sargeant: Drop and give me 50!!
Me as Patrick: What? Patrick can't do push ups. He's too fat.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #60
Genesis
Stone Warrior

This dream was technically an epic. This **** just went on and on, and when it turned out to not be real, it sucked. Odd as it was, it felt real.

I found myself at this odd bar/lounge/restaurant, where the very Spanish owner guy was grilling the dancer chicks who worked there. I was absolutely smitten by one of them, a pale girl with black hair and silver eyes and dressed in green (who, unlike the other dancers, didn't resemble anyone I know in real life). Anyway, I somehow got in close with the Spanish owner guy after taking a call from a competitor. Turns out, instead of a business, it was actually a home for outcasts (I guess) on a terraformed version of the moon, and here’s where the dream got good for me. It was this place that the guy had established as a home away from our homes. Anyway, I decided that I had to go explore and do some kind of mission, and given his fondness for me, the guy gave me a red-and-gold python named Moon Rock (don't ask) to take with me on my journey. I had my heart set on a stark black-and-white one; and anyway, I was already carrying Twitch (my snake IRL), and Selphie (my cat IRL) was tagging along, but what the heck. He’s, like, the headmaster of this place, so it wasn’t my place to argue. Before I left the lunar shelter, I stopped to embrace my silver-eyed obsession, promising to her my return.

I feel I should mention that I was expecting this journey to take weeks, at least, but that changes later, so I don’t know for certain. I also don’t know what Mr. Headmaster’s mission for me was, although I expected to be older, wiser and ready to more fully dedicate myself the silver-eyed one – not to mention at least one pet smaller in party count – by the end of it.

Now I started doing what I love doing – walking in deep thought. I had my limbless companions around my neck and mainly talked to them as I thought out loud, likely because Selphie was trotting along behind me, and it’s hard to look at her while walking. Anyway, I was moving along a fenced edge of a large stone wall that acted as the separation between regular moon and terraformed moon, thinking aloud about how much I’ve always wished I could do this – just walk and move and travel and go on a journey hindered by nothing but my own drive to continue or end it as I see fit (again, that changes later, but I’ll just tell it as it goes). I also thought about what creatures I might find to feed Twitch and Moon Rock, in place of rodents.

I reached a strange station of which, despite its odd structure and interface, I thought nothing more than an everyday train station. Instead of a ticket dispenser, the machine was more or less a wish acceptor (this was within reason, of course – you couldn’t say that you desire everyone in the world to like you and it’d magically happen, which leads one to question what the point or limitation of the wish acceptor really was, but what the hey). I may have dreamt of this situation or place, before, as my thought at that moment was, “I’m pretty sure I answered the same thing, last time.” My wish of sorts was “I desire to freely travel among the Planets on my journey of discovery of the self and everything around it.” As I did so, I thought for a while about how cool it is that people like Señor Headmaster were the first to establish ownership of land outside of Earth, thus beating inter-Planetary regulation to the punch. These thoughts were accompanied by a zone-out visualizing our solar system and beyond. When the thought-wish was complete, bystanders who were bothered by or curious about the snakes stopped me. I tried to explain to them their harmlessness when I noticed a spider that resembled Azulita (a Cobalt Blue Tarantula once owned by my roommate) crawling on my leg. Already hindered by pets, I decided not to take her, but more because the spider was spewing acidic venom at Moon Rock (other animals seemed to have a serious problem with him, as you’ll see) than because of the difficulty of carrying more creatures along. Before I went through the force field to enter the station, an authority stopped me about Selphie. I can’t just have her trotting around, she told me, so I put her in my backpack’s second pouch, along with my camera bag. She was unhappy with being stuffed in there, but overall quiet.

Security got progressively tighter as I moved deeper into the station. The building’s architecture became more extravagant, as well. I was surprised that the metal detectors didn’t pick me up, and I avoided eye contact with all security staff, since I knew I wasn’t supposed to have the snakes just hanging out in the open. One of them stopped me, and although he was very polite about it, he told me that I had to put Twitch and Moon Rock away. I moved to the side of the lobby and, besides undressing, I put Twitch and Moon Rock (now a milk snake) into a pouch together. Then, I realised that Selphie escaped from her pouch. My totally-not-there-before-but-all-of-a-sudden-started-existing-at-this-point companions helped me find her and return the poor lass to the pouch, so we could continue our journey. One of the companions was a girl who sort of resembled an old colleague, and the other, while unseen (I mean ever; I speak to him later, but he never literally appeared in the dream – he wasn’t an apparition – just a normal dude), was understood to be her brother.

Up until this point, the purpose of the station was to provide public transit from the moon to other Planets. However, when I stepped through the doorway, something went wrong. I was suddenly exiting my second-story apartment in Atlanta… on Earth. I was about to freak out, when for some reason, I remembered that I had work at Pet Supplies "Plus" the next morning, and I seemed to place that at higher importance than my new life on the moon (let alone my mission and promise to return. As I walked down the stairs to the sidewalk, I checked the time to find out that only a few hours had passed since the evening on the moon, when this started (even though it was morning when I left, evening when I accidentally transported to Earth, and then randomly daytime again, but only while I walked down the stairs. It was 22:00, and who should pass me on the stairway but Mikey Rodriguez (that being me) and Mike (roommate), arm-in-arm. Turns out I wasn’t just transported to Earth, but an alternate reality, in which Mike and I are lovers. They (we) kissed goodbye, and night fell again. My resolve to return to the moon came back, but unfortunately, I had misplaced my book bag.

I scolded my companions for losing it, as it contained all three animals and my camera. We ran around the dark complex of my abode, trying to figure out if any of the local children may have stolen it. I quickly gave up when I realised that this version of my apartment complex had far too many RVs to know where to start. Fortunately, I found the bag (with Selphie missing again) just behind my building. I found that dimension’s Rundas (my other cat) running around before I found Selphie, and when I returned her to the bag (although I’m not sure why – not like there’s security out at night keeping cats contained), I found a strange bug attacking Moon Rock. Half of the poor guy’s head was missing. Twitch, who was not harmed by the alien cicada-looking thing, struck the creature and devoured it.

I became impatient all of a sudden, maybe due to the real-life need to get to work, or my dream-self’s resolve to return to the moon and my love awaiting me. I decided, then, to fast-forward through waiting for the bus and making my way back to the moon. I got back to regular speed in a crazy scientist’s laboratory. I’m not sure if he had a way for me to get to the moon, but he was a mix of Dr. Dankenstein, Dr. Horrible and Dr. Willheim from Spawn (the guy who made Cy-Gor, the cybernetic gorilla). He had a simian cyborg as his assistant, and when the guy broke into song, I became bored and again fast-forwarded events. Before I knew it, I was back on the moon, presumably in my original dimension, which had become a beautiful grove of life filled with various alien creatures (who looked and talked like Muppets), instead of the humble home with an acre or so of vegetation that I left for my journey. I was lying with the headmaster guy (who was particularly appreciative that we’d made his home our own), my silver-eyed lady and surviving animals, as we all rejoiced in our togetherness (how very lame).

That should have been a fine ending, but then, out of nowhere, George King (an old professor of cinematography from college) appeared and expressed desire to see the video footage from our trip, in particular, the parts with the goofy scientist that I skipped. I refused, but Valencia (the aforementioned colleague) argued that we should put it together. I didn’t care enough to do so; that sort of became the end, because I woke up.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote