Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
bushido
Stone Warrior

September 2018 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #86

Spoiler:

Tom Waltz (W), Kevin Eastman (W/VC), Dave Wachter (A/C), Kevin Hopgood (VC).

"Battle Lines," Part 1 of 3! The maniacal Bishop has his eyes set on destroying the Utroms and the Triceratons once and for all. The Turtles will have to use all of their resources to stop him... but new divisions between the brothers threaten to ruin the plan before it begins!

• The start of a pivotal new story arc!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Macro-Series Donatello

Spoiler:

Paul Allor (W), Brahm Revel (A), David Petersen (C), Ryan Brown (VC), Brahm Revell (VC).

TMNT returns to its roots with new spotlights on individual Turtles, but this time they're extra-large! Donatello understands that more is at stake than his brothers realize. In order to prepare for the coming conflict, Don will aim to repair his relationship with his mentor Harold... and his malicious robotic counterpart Metalhead!

• The new "Macros" will set up each individual Turtle for the climactic storyline leading to TMNT #100!

Rise of the TMNT #01

Spoiler:

Matthew K. Manning (W), Chad Thomas (A/VC), Andy Suriano (C)

A new age of Turtle-mania begins! This new comic spins out of the highly anticipated Rise of the TMNT animated series! The Turtles are hitting the sewers with brand new weapons, brand new enemies and a brand-new vision!

• Overseen by showrunners Andy Suriano (Cosmic Scoundrels) and Ant Ward!
• Kinetic, action-packed, and hilarious!

TMNT Urban Legends #05

Spoiler:

Gary Carlson (W), Frank Fosco (A/C), Erik Larsen (VC).

TMNT Volume 3 continues in all-new four-color glory as creators Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco take the Heroes in a Half-Shell on some of their most amazing and dangerous and bizarre adventures ever! In this issue, as Master Splinter uncovers shocking revelations in Warlord Komodo's compound, Michelangelo, Raphael, and Leonardo hatch a daring rescue mission... but they won't be on their own. An old friend is coming to the party, and he's bringing some deadly new toys...

• Featuring new cover art by Frank Fosco and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman!

TMNT Volume 20 Kingdom of Rats

Spoiler:

Kevin Eastman (W), Tom Waltz (W), Dave Wachter (A/C).

In the wake of total destruction, the exhausted Turtles must prevent catastrophe, as disparate forces converge on New York and a sinister power-play takes shape. Following the Triceratop Invasion, New York is in ruins. Various groups jockey for control in the power vacuum, each with their own agendas and goals. But there is one who doesn't care about power or victory, only chaos... the Rat King! Will the TMNT be able to stop him from doing the unspeakable? Collects issues #81-85 of the ongoing series.

• Advance solicited for October release!

Last edited by bushido; 06-20-2018 at 09:57 AM.
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:40 AM   #2
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I guess we can't escape the "Rise" ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:28 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Macros for $7.99 seem like a good idea, I assume there's only going to be 4 of them for each Turtle though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Macros for $7.99 seem like a good idea, I assume there's only going to be 4 of them for each Turtle though.
But how long are they?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #5
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
But how long are they?
I have heard they are something like 48 pages.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

$8 is a hefty price tag. We did not care for the backups the extra dollar cost us with TMNT Universe. 48 pages perhaps?

It was inevitable that Agent Bishop would attack Burnow Island and here it finally is.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:07 AM   #7
bushido
Stone Warrior

Updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
But how long are they?
Confirmed for 48 pages.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #8
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

$8 for 48 pages is a good deal, considering $4 typically only gets us 20 pages.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I always thought "micro-series" was a funny enough name, but I have no idea what a "macro-series" is.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #10
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Bobby just confirmed the Macros are 40 pages of story content. So I guess it's not actually that great a deal at $8; same price as two separate 20-page issues.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Yay, the Bishop/Burnow storyline! FINALLY.

And also finally, Don sets about picking up the loose plot threads of Harold and Metalhead. Very cool.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

They'll never get me interested in those side-stories based on premise alone.

I know there is potential for great storytelling within any comic book's pages, but I feel that you need a better hook then "supplemental content". And though I've pushed for it before, I think you need to bring in interesting creators that the fans want to see work on the book. Budget may be an issue, but if you're going to be selling big chunks of the new book at $8 each, you'd think that would give a little more wiggle-room.

Anyways, I don't mean to bash what IDW are doing. I'm sure many of you are excited, or maybe think I'm missing the point. Just sharing my opinion.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Anyways, I don't mean to bash what IDW are doing. I'm sure many of you are excited, or maybe think I'm missing the point. Just sharing my opinion.
For me, it's the long game, man.

We might suffer the occasional misstep of Casey and April or the Triceraton invasion Universe tie-in issues, but all in all, having a consistent story that continually plots and builds and delivers...

7 issues in one month? Alright then, I'm game. Giant macro-issues focusing on dropped plot points? I'm all aboard.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #14
ChosenOne
Banned

These four macro-issues will be a one-time thing, and they sound to me like two issues of Universe mashed together apiece anyway. Well worth the price.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:20 AM   #15
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Yeah, I don't want to misconstrue that I was speaking about the potential content of the Macro-Series issues. I'm sure they'll be interesting. But more that the price-point isn't exactly a "deal" and we're just paying full price for two issues at once rather than two issues apart. Looking forward to the Macros regardless.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

In general seems like all the plotlines are coming to a head. The Patheon story and Bishop's war against all aliens/mutants all seem to be leading to issue 100. I wouldn't be surprised if the next arc ends with the Utroms and Triceratons leaving Earth and discovering a new home. Then after that we'll probably see Bishop form another uneasy truce with the Turtles to stop the Patheon.

We have Leatherhead showing up again, Don will probably befriend Metalhead and Harold and Metalhead can be like Vision from the Avengers as an ally. Bebop/Rocksteady are getting their own mini with Renet/Savanti returning.

Only stuff we don't know about yet is whatever Ch'rell does and then whenever Karai finally gets back to New York.

Oh and Null, if she ever shows up in the main series.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Is it weird that I'm still hoping for IDW Armaggon to make his debut sometime and somewhere before #100?
Old 06-20-2018, 03:04 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Is it weird that I'm still hoping for IDW Armaggon to make his debut sometime and somewhere before #100?
It was said awhile ago there's no plans to use him anytime soon, so I wouldn't expect to see him for a long time if ever. We still haven't gotten Rahzar/Tokka either, so it's not like every popular old mutant debuted in IDW.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #19
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
No, I still want him too whether we have Buldgeon or not. He can freshen up the time travel angle and be a rival to Savante Romero not to mention give an arc to Renet. Some continuity changes can happen as well such as plucking Krang from the timeline or even cause an opening to a nexus when being chased bringing the Turtles to the Battle Nexus.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
No, I still want him too whether we have Buldgeon or not. He can freshen up the time travel angle and be a rival to Savante Romero not to mention give an arc to Renet. Some continuity changes can happen as well such as plucking Krang from the timeline or even cause an opening to a nexus when being chased bringing the Turtles to the Battle Nexus.
I'd considered the Battle Nexus thing but not the Savanti/Renet idea. That would be brilliant. Maybe make Armaggon the villain in an inevitable(?) third Bebop & Rocksteady mini? That way everybody's happy!