The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-25-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
ChosenOne
Banned

SDCC 2018 TMNT News & Discussion

The panel can be watched here. Enjoy and discuss!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Frickin' finally. Thanks ChosenOne!
Old 07-25-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

Don't mention it. I only just found the video an hour or so ago, too. Lots of goodies in there!

Though if I'm being honest, I'm not particularly excited for the Raphael micro.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #4
funatic
Mad Scientist

Oh nice, I was looking for a thread to discuss all the reveals. Finally had the chance to go to SDCC in person this year, it was a great panel!

I’m staying cautiously optimistic for the Raph micro. I think Ben Bishop is involved as well. Really hyped to see Sophie back on a Leo story. Bobby told me later it would be a return to Northampton.

Also found Tom’s mentioning of Leatherhead to be a major factor in the upcoming plot intriguing....

Last edited by funatic; 07-25-2018 at 08:54 PM.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:59 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I think some of my earlier hunches are going to come true...

My prediction: Leatherhead is voluntarily going to work for/with Bishop, hunting down mutants.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Also found Tom’s mentioning of Leatherhead to be a major factor in the upcoming plot intriguing....
It would be a bit ridiculous if he went back to Burnow on his own after #85 so he'll probably sit Battle Lines out. I can't imagine what role he might play after that with all the story threads that are bound to converge, but it won't be anything short of awesome!

I was also very intrigued by the mention of a clue regarding Bishop's origin in a Santolouco-drawn issue (so "Desperate Measures" then?) that no one has caught on to yet. Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
My prediction: Leatherhead is voluntarily going to work for/with Bishop, hunting down mutants.
That could work! Give them the "old married couple" chemistry that Shredder and Krang never got to have for good measure, 'cause I can't imagine Bishop and Leatherhead not being at each other's throats constantly even as they join forces.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I was also very intrigued by the mention of a clue regarding Bishop's origin in a Santolouco-drawn issue (so "Desperate Measures" then?) that no one has caught on to yet. Hmm...
Oh yeah I forgot about that! Time for some back issue digging...
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm a little disappointed they didn't say at least a little something about Ch'rell in his new position of power. Delighted to have some confirmation on how "Ma'riell" is pronounced (just an accented "Ariel" with an "M" attached)

But it is fantastic that we're being told why Bishop is a Terminator Astro-Boy, so that'll be great.

But like...they call the Velociraptor "Anchovy" in the presentation, but I'm not sure if Bebop and Rocksteady would even know that's his name, so I'd be surprised if they don't give him a different name. And also think he's a fvcked up bird.

I'm pretty sure the origin dropped is from when Bishop's "dad" was talking about Area 51. Time to look back!
Old 07-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Big push? So Battle Lines will be the "Attack of the Technodrome" setting up the big final #90-#100 arc(s). So it sounds like Mutanimals, EPF, Utroms, Triceratons, and Turtles. And probably Foot somewhere in there. Love that "Five Armies" parallel!

Been waiting for this story so damn long... since Issue #53-54, when we first saw Bishop outside Burnow!!!

And Slash is definitely going to be rescued... or permanently broken... that #87 cover!!!
Old 07-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Macro Series!

We already knew Donnie would be following up on Harold and Metalhead.

Michelangelo continuing the Hamato/Foot feud; a Mikey/Splinter showdown sounds pretty great.

Leo's going back to Northampton, so could we see him with Alopex? Or maybe even Koya?

I'm still super-psyched for Raphael Weapon X. Excuse me, Target R. Probably a ton of Null stuff in this one, with Zodi and that snake (already forgot the name). But knowing Eastman is doing it... makes it sound like a PG-rated Bodycount-lite. High on action, low on actual plot... hope that's not the case.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

As I've said in the past: "Attack on the Technodrome 2: Electric Boogaloo"

Except this time they're helping a whole pack of aliens instead of fighting the single one. Not quite what I thought it would be, but it should be cool.

And since the turtles are described as coming back to New York and being tired of dealing with aliens and the paranormal, so it sounds like there would be at least some success (with the exception of whatever happens to Slash and potential for a severe power play between Ch'rell and Ma'riell if that didn't already blow over in the whole arch.)

The cover of Target R makes me very concerned for Raphael right away.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #12
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I'm still super-psyched for Raphael Weapon X. Excuse me, Target R.
This and the fact that Eastman is at the reins makes me shudder. "Target R" is precisely the kind of title you'd expect him to come up with, and while the man may be a living legend, his artistic sensibilities just don't gel with the rest of IDW's storytelling.

Despite the comparison during the panel, I don't think it'll be anywhere near as good as the first Leo micro.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The cover of Target R makes me very concerned for Raphael right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
This and the fact that Eastman is at the reins makes me shudder. "Target R" is precisely the kind of title you'd expect him to come up with, and while the man may be a living legend, his artistic sensibilities just don't gel with the rest of IDW's storytelling.

Despite the comparison during the panel, I don't think it'll be anywhere near as good as the first Leo micro.
Exactly. I had high hopes for this story... now I'm just kinda grimly hoping it'll at least be better than the 2014 Annual.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:02 PM   #14
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just read through the Desperate Measures storyline hoping to find the hint that was dropped. Still pretty sure it's in Bishop Sr's story about Eisenhower and the CIA. It's fishy AF.

And then there's the chilling "Some monsters are best left alone."

So, given all that we've seen and all the aliens we know of...what the heck is at Area 51 and how does it connect to Bishop being a machine?

Because Krang wouldn't have had any use in keeping things on a mainland desert (probably wouldn't have gone there much anyway and it was too far from Burnow for him), the Neutrinos and Triceratons weren't coming to Earth at the time, Null has only just been around on Earth for a little while, and the Pantheon has sh!t to do with any tech stuff. So...who the heck could it be?

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-25-2018 at 11:14 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:27 AM   #15
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I was confused, and no one has managed to answer it... is "Target R" the name of Raph's macro story, or some completely different comic coming out?
Old 07-26-2018, 03:35 AM   #16
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Exactly. I had high hopes for this story... now I'm just kinda grimly hoping it'll at least be better than the 2014 Annual.
I'm expecting it to be the 2018 Annual by another name. And speaking of names...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I was confused, and no one has managed to answer it... is "Target R" the name of Raph's macro story, or some completely different comic coming out?
Yes, it's the title of the Raphael macro. I believe it was first rumored to be in development months ago and we all assumed it would be a standalone at first, until the other macros were announced.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I think some of my earlier hunches are going to come true...

I like that idea for its irony. The character who was often hunted in his original incarnations now becomes the hunter... maybe dare I say... a trapper with a cajun aesthetic?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #18
2K3
Foot Soldier

I'm so happy they're planning to return to the street level problems again (has been getting a lil' extreme lately).

Looking forward to Bishop's origins and Leatherhead's involvement.

I'm just hoping they expand on Madame Null soon; she's the only character in the IDW-verse who origins and motivations are not entirely clear!
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote