The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Answer the question!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #22
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Answer the question!
Considering that even the raging CW warriors are leaving the Arrowverse shows in droves, she could be looking for her next gig soon. At the very least she could available for some incarnation of April.

Sure.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

She'd most likely have the nicest beaver out of anyone to ever play the role, that's for sure, dawg.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

I haven't seen any stuff she was in ever, but I doubt she'd do a worse job as April than Megan Fox. So I don't see why I wouldn't give her a chance.

I personally would like to see Scarlett Johansson play April one day, but I don't think it will ever happen.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #25
TommyT
Banned

Instead, how about she plays Jennika.

She’d make a great female Turtle...

With nostrils.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #26
IMJ
Emperor

It's not like she's a legit good actress. She's just girl next door perfect pretty.
I was at the LCS for a bit today and heard some people standing around chatting going on about how bad the Crisis crossover is - how awful the acting was. Seems universal consensus on that everywhere I turn.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:56 PM   #27
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It's not like she's a legit good actress. She's just girl next door perfect pretty.
I was at the LCS for a bit today and heard some people standing around chatting going on about how bad the Crisis crossover is - how awful the acting was. Seems universal consensus on that everywhere I turn.
Fan's are willfully blind of the gong show. It's like a suburban painting party; paint is technically going on a canvas, but art, it is not.

Last edited by TommyT; 12-14-2019 at 11:01 PM.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:13 AM   #28
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

I've never seen Melissa Benoist in anything but I'd prefer if they went for someone who has a background in comedy too.

Megan Fox's April was just really boring and was only there to be perved on by the male characters, which feels really dated and unpleasant to watch. I don't even think Megan Fox is a bad actress, she's very good in Friends With Kids and This Is 40, she was just saddled with a bad script and looks bored throughout- especially in Out Of The Shadows.

I don't really know who to suggest as an alternative but given all the positive responses to the Benoist suggestion, I'm guessing she would be a good fit!
FifthTurtles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:53 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthTurtles81 View Post
I don't really know who to suggest as an alternative but given all the positive responses to the Benoist suggestion, I'm guessing she would be a good fit!
I really don't see how any other conclusion can be drawn.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:39 AM   #30
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthTurtles81 View Post
I've never seen Melissa Benoist in anything but I'd prefer if they went for someone who has a background in comedy too.

Megan Fox's April was just really boring and was only there to be perved on by the male characters, which feels really dated and unpleasant to watch. I don't even think Megan Fox is a bad actress, she's very good in Friends With Kids and This Is 40, she was just saddled with a bad script and looks bored throughout- especially in Out Of The Shadows.

I don't think anyone came out of the PD films looking good. Even actors I typically like (Fichtner, Laura Linney, etc.) were mediocre because the material they had to work with was genuinely awful.

Luckily, I don't think there will be a third PD film. Hopefully whenever we get another live action film, better decisions will be made.

As for Benoist, I haven't seen her in much. I stopped watching those Arrowverse shows YEARS ago but I did drop in for Crisis On Infinite Earths. It was all very cringeworthy but I did like her as Supergirl. She wouldn't be my first choice for April, but I wouldn't mind her in the part.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:09 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I don't think anyone came out of the PD films looking good. Even actors I typically like (Fichtner, Laura Linney, etc.) were mediocre because the material they had to work with was genuinely awful.
I don't always pay super-close attention, but have any of them done anything of significance since then? I never hear their names mentioned anymore. Like yeah Amell still did a few seasons of "Arrow", but has he had another shot at being a "movie star"?

Kinda feels like those movies killed the careers of everyone who was in them. But again, I admit I don't spend a lot of time thinking or reading about those people. I just used to see their names in the headlines a lot more often than I have ever since the second movie came out.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #32
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't always pay super-close attention, but have any of them done anything of significance since then? I never hear their names mentioned anymore. Like yeah Amell still did a few seasons of "Arrow", but has he had another shot at being a "movie star"?

Kinda feels like those movies killed the careers of everyone who was in them. But again, I admit I don't spend a lot of time thinking or reading about those people. I just used to see their names in the headlines a lot more often than I have ever since the second movie came out.
Not that I know of. I do knows he’s currently working on a Wrestling TV show for Starz called Heels. He also did some straight to Netflix movie with his cousin but yeah, no big time movies.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #33
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Amell's career is not one I really follow but the other actors I mentioned were never really mega-stars, but consistent "hey it's that guy/gal" types who often dip into supporting roles. Using IMDb to jog memory, it looks like Fichtner followed TMNT with the second Independence Day, which believe it or not I thought was WORSE than the PD films, as well as several films I haven't heard of and 12 Strong, which I haven't seen so I can't comment on. Linney followed it with Sully and Nocturnal Animals.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:10 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

I haven't watched it, but Stephen Amell apparently produced a movie none of us have heard of, along with his brother Robbie (another CW alum):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_8_(2019_film)

Laura Linney has been in Ozark, which is a damn good Netflix show. Like Breaking Bad, but with money laundering and more marital problems.

According to Wikipedia, Tyler Perry has released THREE(!) more Madea movies since playing Baxter Stockman, plus a buncha other $hit.

Will Arnett has voiced a ton of dumb $hit, William Fichtner has appeared in a bunch of stuff, and Megan Fox has been in a lot of stuff (the only thing I've seen is the Machine Gun Kelly video).

So nobody's hurting for roles or money that wasn't already hurting for roles or money.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I haven't watched it, but Stephen Amell apparently produced a movie none of us have heard of, along with his brother Robbie (another CW alum):
Kind of seems like, Arrow aside, Amell's brother is actually doing a lot better than him in film and such abroad.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:55 PM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kind of seems like, Arrow aside, Amell's brother is actually doing a lot better than him in film and such abroad.
Went and looked up his filmography... you're not wrong! Surprising!

Very weird. Never saw enough of Robbie to form an opinion on him one way or another, except that it was weird how he died off-screen between Flash's first and second seasons. Seems like he made a good choice leaving the show when he did, given his body of work since...
Old 02-25-2021, 02:27 AM   #37
Slade
god status

They're cousins.

I know they have that Code 8 movie that came on Netflix. It seemed like it might be good, but I never finished it. Other than that, I've only seen Robbie in that Scooby Doo movie.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:16 AM   #38
frank_one
Mad Scientist

The real question is: "Should CyberCubed be in Melissa Benoist?"
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed simping