The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Rain sucks though. Especially if it's enough rainfall to leave you soaked regardless of what you wear. Unfortunately, everytime I mention I dislike rain, there's always a couple of rain lovers proudly claiming to love rain. What's so fun about getting soaked to your underwear on your way to work?

I'm sure snow is a pain if you have a backyard and have to drive, but I live in a apartment and don't own a car. So I'd not mind giving snow a shot and have snow instead of rain. At least snow would be a pretty sight.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:02 PM   #22
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Rain sucks though. Especially if it's enough rainfall to leave you soaked regardless of what you wear. Unfortunately, everytime I mention I dislike rain, there's always a couple of rain lovers proudly claiming to love rain. What's so fun about getting soaked to your underwear on your way to work?

I'm sure snow is a pain if you have a backyard and have to drive, but I live in a apartment and don't own a car. So I'd not mind giving snow a shot and have snow instead of rain. At least snow would be a pretty sight.
You need rain boots & maybe an umbrella. I can't say I've ever had to walk anywhere intentionally but its not so fun in the cold snow either & you can get soaked to the bone then too with the added bonus of actually freezing to death. When the snow falls & is real bad, it can get plowed dangerously high in some places, including sidewalks and driveways & make all travel dangerous but because snow is normal here, not everything closes down. Granted with hovid the last regular job I had would probably have had me working from home so I also wouldn't be going out much, except I'd still have to go shovel & move vehicles...

So it really all depends of individual situations. You say snow, cuz you don't get much or any. I say rain cuz I'm not getting any younger & with my disability, not any stronger but weaker all the time... And that snow ain't fun after the plow comes by and leaves four feet at the end of the driveway that we have to clean despite it being snow in the road cuz otherwise there is no getting in & out of the driveway or getting mail.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

My dog f*cking loves the snow. He can't get enough of it. He loves rolling around in it, sticking his face in it... he doesn't do well in Summer because it's so hot but he's always begging to go out whenever it snows.

We have a whole acre in our backyard so he's having a blast right now.

Go ahead, argue with that face. You can't, it ain't happening.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #24
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

^ Cute hearty boi likes his snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Neither because most people cannot drive well in the snow or in the rain.
Well, I was proven wrong to an extent because I did get some snow here, and, I did get to watch some people in my neighborhood drive with a form of consideration.
However, this isn't always a given.

Quote:
Aside from that, snow is pretty to watch when it falls, and rainfall on my roof is nice to listen to.
Those winds from Uri were pretty rough at first, but, I was treated to a quiet snowfall afterwards. Since snowfall by the Gulf isn't very common, it is a welcomed experience but some preparations are wise to have around.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:32 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

He keeps making us let him out just so he can walk around the yard.

Generally too cold out for me but he's having the time of his life right now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:38 PM   #26
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Rain may suck to walk in- and trust me, as one who walks nearly two miles to and from work every day, I KNOW this- but snow? Ugh, it was 3 degrees with a -12 windchill today, with about 3-4 inches of snow, and I was NOT walking in THAT! I'd rather be a bit soaked than end up with frostbite. Clothes can be dried, but fingers and toes are not replaceable.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote