The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen

The sneek peek is out

Set in the JL War continuity, but Superman and Wonder Woman is done, and Lois is played by Jerry O'Connel's real wife

The second half, Reign of the Supermen, is due out in 2019
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm not digging the art direction. It's like someone in the design department took a bet that they couldn't draw Superman's model sheet with their feet.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:37 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Why?

The Death of Superman can't really be done in a movie or two, it would need to be a season long story arc. I don't mind a re-interpretation but when the line of DC movies started with this storyline already I want to see other adaptations or new storylines, not recycling stuff they already did.

The first animated movie adaptation was far from the best but it wasn't the worst thing ever, it's not like the comic storyline isn't without flaws. I don't see the Justice League line up from that time. Who really is interested in a Nu52 version of the Death of Superman story? The original Doomsday was also "mostly based on the comicbook with a few changes to fit the format" so why bother doing it again even if it'll be slightly better? Don't the new 52 DC Animated movies have a bad rap? Isn't New 52 already gone in the comics? So why?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:43 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Why?

The Death of Superman can't really be done in a movie or two, it would need to be a season long story arc. I don't mind a re-interpretation but when the line of DC movies started with this storyline already I want to see other adaptations or new storylines, not recycling stuff they already did.

The first animated movie adaptation was far from the best but it wasn't the worst thing ever, it's not like the comic storyline isn't without flaws. I don't see the Justice League line up from that time. Who really is interested in a Nu52 version of the Death of Superman story? The original Doomsday was also "mostly based on the comicbook with a few changes to fit the format" so why bother doing it again even if it'll be slightly better? Don't the new 52 DC Animated movies have a bad rap? Isn't New 52 already gone in the comics? So why?
It's a case of trying to appease too many masters, fans of the original comic book, the few fans of the N52 that there are, and possibly attempting to eventually transition into the Rebirth era (which is why I think Conner Kent will be replaced by Jon Kent)
Old 06-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The film has leaked, I managed to sneek a peek at it

Spoiler:
Very good, if a little flat in terms of dialoge.

Lois and Clark's relationship is already established when the film begins, Clark and Diana having broken up off-screen (it gets brought up only once, by Diana, who admits she couldn't handle Clark's personal life)

There's a great nod to the original story with Lex wearing his "Lex Luthor the Second" apperance from the 1990s as a disguise.

We get to see the four pretender Supermen established in short cameos. John Henry as one of Professor Stone's assistants, Hank Henshaw with his wife and team member on a space ship that Doomsday destroys, the Eradicator as a computer program within Clark's ship, and Kon El in a cloning tube in Lexcorp laboratories.

Clark and Lois have great chemistry in this one, due to the voice actors being a real-life husband and wife unit. Clark is trying to confess his secret to Lois in and after an awkward meeting with his parents, he tells her the truth at Bibbo's bar, he's then called away to battle Doomsday. He leaves a note for Lois which expresses his deepest love for her

The film has some pretty savage moments, Doomsday is an outright beast and picks off humans, Atlanteans, and animals alike, lots of blood as he pounds through people.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #6
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I'm not digging the art direction. It's like someone in the design department took a bet that they couldn't draw Superman's model sheet with their feet.
Really??? Did we watch the same trailer?????? jk
I actually dig the art style, which is weird usually I am the critical one when it comes to art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The film has leaked, I managed to sneek a peek at it

Spoiler:
Very good, if a little flat in terms of dialoge.

Lois and Clark's relationship is already established when the film begins, Clark and Diana having broken up off-screen (it gets brought up only once, by Diana, who admits she couldn't handle Clark's personal life)

There's a great nod to the original story with Lex wearing his "Lex Luthor the Second" apperance from the 1990s as a disguise.

We get to see the four pretender Supermen established in short cameos. John Henry as one of Professor Stone's assistants, Hank Henshaw with his wife and team member on a space ship that Doomsday destroys, the Eradicator as a computer program within Clark's ship, and Kon El in a cloning tube in Lexcorp laboratories.

Clark and Lois have great chemistry in this one, due to the voice actors being a real-life husband and wife unit. Clark is trying to confess his secret to Lois in and after an awkward meeting with his parents, he tells her the truth at Bibbo's bar, he's then called away to battle Doomsday. He leaves a note for Lois which expresses his deepest love for her

The film has some pretty savage moments, Doomsday is an outright beast and picks off humans, Atlanteans, and animals alike, lots of blood as he pounds through people.
Did you think its better or worse than the original "Death of Superman" movie?
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Did you think its better or worse than the original "Death of Superman" movie?
I think Superman: Doomsday had the better Lois/Clark relationship, but other than that it's superior.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #8
ABrown
Banned

I'm really looking forward to this, especially with how disappointed I've been with 2018's first two offerings: Batman Gotham by Gaslight and Suicide Squad Hell to Pay.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #9
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I'm really looking forward to this, especially with how disappointed I've been with 2018's first two offerings: Batman Gotham by Gaslight and Suicide Squad Hell to Pay.
What about Batman Ninja? I was really excited for that one, but then I heard about the castle robot transformer things... that killed my interest quicker than Joker killing Robins with a crowbar.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #10
ABrown
Banned

I finally got around to watching this, and I really enjoyed it. After what I found to be a very strong 2017, this is the first 2018 offering that I've more than just mildly enjoyed. Also, I know that I'm in the minority, but I really like the shared continuity of the last five years. I'll be anxiously waiting to the see the second part of this story.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I finally got around to watching this, and I really enjoyed it. After what I found to be a very strong 2017, this is the first 2018 offering that I've more than just mildly enjoyed. Also, I know that I'm in the minority, but I really like the shared continuity of the last five years. I'll be anxiously waiting to the see the second part of this story.
I guess I am with you in the minority of enjoying the shared continuity. I loved this movie I think it is hands down the best movie of the year. Probably my favorite sense Under the Red hood was released.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:21 PM   #12
Chris
Mad Scientist

Finally watched this today and absolutely loved it. Easily one of my favourites of these DC animated original movies, maybe even my favourite (let's see what time and Reign do before making that call).

The shared universe started a little rocky but it's found its footing in the more recent films, and this one just nails it. I'm bias because Superman is my favourite DC hero, but at the same time that can make me super picky too.

Can't wait for Reign! Hopefully these two movies do well for DC and we can get a few more Superman movies over the next few years.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:55 AM   #14
ABrown
Banned

I picked up Reign yesterday and watched it last night. It was pretty good. With the couple of mentions of The Titans during the movie, I think it would've been cool if Conner would've been shown at the end with Damian, Starfire, and company, rather than with the Kents.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:59 PM   #15
Leo656
The Franchise

I've heard mixed things about this one, particularly from several people who really liked the last one.

Supposedly it deviates much more from the book than the last one and dramatically reduces a few of the important characters' subplots down to practically nothing. That's disappointing.

Planning to pick it up Saturday. I'm sure I'll like it, but the reviews are disappointing.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote