The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #81
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I was at TRU yesterday, no X-Men wave....
No, there won't be yet. The website said it had a release date of 30th June.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #82
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,640
Today I spotted a Black Widow at Kmart! I left her there and picked up a Winter Solider. Awesome figure, but I hate his gun, I can't pose him at all.....
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #83
arkangel
Hench Mutant
 
arkangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 444
I had hopes there would be a Days of Future Past set. I'd kill for Sunspot, Blink, and Warpath movie versions. I can't believe they're not making these, yet we have an ASM Boomerang and Beetle. arrrrggghhh....
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #84
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
I had hopes there would be a Days of Future Past set. I'd kill for Sunspot, Blink, and Warpath movie versions. I can't believe they're not making these, yet we have an ASM Boomerang and Beetle. arrrrggghhh....
DOFP didn't even get a 3"75 toy line.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #85
Vundi
Hench Mutant
 
Vundi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Today I spotted a Black Widow at Kmart! I left her there and picked up a Winter Solider. Awesome figure, but I hate his gun, I can't pose him at all.....
Just ebay some Marvel Legends accessories. You can get some pretty good stuff.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #86
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vundi View Post
Just ebay some Marvel Legends accessories. You can get some pretty good stuff.
I'll probably pick something up for Widow when I have some spare money, I was sort of disappointed that she didn't come with a gun or two. (Like the one in her holster, not the wierd thing that Winter Solider came with.)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #87
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,850
Saw some GotG figs in stores for the first time yesterday. Only two Iron Man, everything else already sold out, and I just checked that same store the day before. Wow. Not bad for an "unknown" propertly.

I already completed my set but I will probably pick up another Nova if I find one.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #88
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Saw some GotG figs in stores for the first time yesterday. Only two Iron Man, everything else already sold out, and I just checked that same store the day before. Wow. Not bad for an "unknown" propertly.

I already completed my set but I will probably pick up another Nova if I find one.
That's great! Hopefully they come in soon for my target, I want a Groot.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:11 AM   #89
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Turtle lair
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
DOFP didn't even get a 3"75 toy line.
It's because Disney won't let hasbro make them, they want the rights from Fox.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #90
Vundi
Hench Mutant
 
Vundi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
That's great! Hopefully they come in soon for my target, I want a Groot.
Release date is the 20th. Most stores have them in stock but can't put them out until tomorrow. I got Iron Man, Drax, Rocket, Gamora and Starlord off of Target.com, they've been off and on there since June 1st. Then I had to drive around to a few Target stores before I found someone willing to get me a Nova from the back room and not care about the release date. Got him yesterday. I'm gonna go back to another Target tomorrow and try to get another though.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #91
Vundi
Hench Mutant
 
Vundi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
It's because Disney won't let hasbro make them, they want the rights from Fox.
That couldn't be any less true.... Don't buy into internet rumors.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #92
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,640
What are the chances of me getting an AIM/HYDRA solider currently? I passed both up back in January.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #93
Vundi
Hench Mutant
 
Vundi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What are the chances of me getting an AIM/HYDRA solider currently? I passed both up back in January.
Never pass on those things. People love those army builders. They're kind of hard to come by right now. At least where I am. I've only ever seen 1 Hydra soldier on the shelf and I grabbed it. A.I.M. Soldiers have been a little more abundant but I don't like them at all. I'll usually by them for other poeple. I have no trouble at all unloading those guys. But then you're left with the issue of all those extra Mandroid arms....
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #94
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,850
i have one aim and one hydra... not interested in army building them, personally.

reviews for the x-men wave are starting to hit. let me know if you guys see any. Apparently the release is June 30th? Is that accurate?

i'm hoping and praying that since it is a TRU exclusive that they will have plenty of stock.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #95
arkangel
Hench Mutant
 
arkangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 444
We all know the Americans are spoiled, but I always assumed that the UK gets releases at the same time, if not sooner, than Canada. What I'm finding is there really is no set pattern to world wide distribution. The original X-men set, for example, has been at TRU here for over a month now.
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #96
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
We all know the Americans are spoiled, but I always assumed that the UK gets releases at the same time, if not sooner, than Canada. What I'm finding is there really is no set pattern to world wide distribution. The original X-men set, for example, has been at TRU here for over a month now.
Yeah, if we get Legends (and it's a crapshoot) it's usually 2-3 months behind the US at least. In the past couple of years we got the Terrax & Arnim Zola waves, then nothing until the Iron Monger wave, then the Spidey Infinite series. No Cap series, none of the mini-BAF waves, and none of the TRU exclusives will ever make it over here. We're not even getting the GOTG wave at retail here.

At least we got huge quantities of red Deadpool & white Doom at discount stores here. That certainly eased the pain...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #97
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,640
When are we getting a "mixed" series of legends again? By mixed I mean something like the Mojo series or the Galactus series? We seem to only get themed waves that tie into movies. (Spider-Man, Captain America, and now X-men)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #98
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
When are we getting a "mixed" series of legends again? By mixed I mean something like the Mojo series or the Galactus series? We seem to only get themed waves that tie into movies. (Spider-Man, Captain America, and now X-men)
That appears to be the plan for now. It seems to be the only way Hasbro can get Legends into stores, having them tie-in with movies. Hopefully there'll be some better news at SDCC next month...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #99
ThatMarvelousGuy
Random Punk
 
ThatMarvelousGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 31
Very Soon, I shall be getting my ML Star-Lord
__________________
ThatMarvelousGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #100
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,426
At my Target all the Captain America stuff finally got replaced by GOTG. All they had for Legends was a Star-Lord and two cosmic Iron Men.
I actually have never bought one but I'm thinking about it. The only thing currently holding me up is the Lego Marvel sets, but I think I might pick up ASM Spidey. Is he a good figure?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.