The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #21
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
Instead, now when we go to Target to get other stuff I casually look, of course hoping they are there but not expecting to find them.
Best way to live your life and set expectations, in a nutshell. Easier said than done, of course.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #22
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That was sort of funny coming from Randy. I get that he is entrenched in this lifestyle and hunting is practically part of his everyday, but it comes across as a bit strange to tell your potential buyers to hunt things down. The goal should be to get them in their hands - and I know it is, and he is doing the best he can, but it still came across as a bit of a stretch.
He was off in his claim that since Bebop and Rocksteady were the only new releases in Wave 2 is what made them so hard to find and that by giving us more new releases in future waves that would somehow make the demand less for new releases
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:48 AM   #23
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
He was off in his claim that since Bebop and Rocksteady were the only new releases in Wave 2 is what made them so hard to find and that by giving us more new releases in future waves that would somehow make the demand less for new releases
agreed. i love neca but the way randy refuses to accept responsibility for under supplying r&b is not okay. it's not scalpers faults. it's not target's fault. it's not "part of the experience" to hunt around endlessly. it's specifically your fault, randy. just admit it, accept it, and do better. that's all. just ramp up production and shipment. scale. that's literally all that needs to be done.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #24
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
agreed. i love neca but the way randy refuses to accept responsibility for under supplying r&b is not okay. it's not scalpers faults. it's not target's fault. it's not "part of the experience" to hunt around endlessly. it's specifically your fault, randy. just admit it, accept it, and do better. that's all. just ramp up production and shipment. scale. that's literally all that needs to be done.
Don't worry, by putting Leatherhead/Slash together, while splitting April and Casey, now everyone will want all 3 packs from the next wave, making them all impossible to find.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #25
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
it's not "part of the experience" to hunt around endlessly.
exactly! I don't get why Randy thinks it's okay to drive around endlessly wasting gas,miles on the car (and time) looking for figures only to constantly end up with nothing. Any Retail stores carrying toys just flat out suck anymore. It's always the luck of the draw.

Sadly, every one of these Exclusives I will be forced to pay double from scalpers because stores can't keep these in stock or because employees (and scalpers) buy the whole case of 3 (because stores only get one freakin case to begin with). This is one of the hardest lines to collect and that's because there is never enough to go around.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:09 AM   #26
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Monkey View Post
So glad the movie Turtles are getting another release. I was able to score the bundle at GameStop during the last go, but ended up with the error head Raph. Every Raph I found after that was the same. So, I hope this time I’ll be able to get the normal one at least.
Seriously?! I've been chasing that error head Raph. Please let me know if you can help me out. Sincerely.

I have a normal one I'd be happy to trade.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #27
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I wish Nash got a commission for that figure, but since it doesn't show his face I have to say he probably doesn't.

He did tell me what he makes off those DVDs, though, so I'm sure he's doing just fine.
People still buy DVDs?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #28
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
They do preorders
I just pre-ordered the real Ghostbusters line through them
Good to know. Do you pay upfront or when it comes in?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:35 PM   #29
Chainsaw
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Seriously?! I've been chasing that error head Raph. Please let me know if you can help me out. Sincerely.

I have a normal one I'd be happy to trade.
What makes the Raph head an error and not? I wasn't aware of this.
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:35 AM   #30
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
People still buy DVDs?
Yeah, maybe you can scalp them?
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #31
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Good to know. Do you pay upfront or when it comes in?
Dang...Sold Out instantly?? I hate hating a job!!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:35 AM   #32
Night Monkey
Random Punk

Any idea when these will show up on Walmart.com? Or, at least the re-releases of the 90’s Turtles?
Night Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:39 AM   #33
Night Monkey
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
What makes the Raph head an error and not? I wasn't aware of this.
His mouth is different, showing all of his teeth. When I ordered the bundle from GameStop (the second time it went up after the initial release), I received this figure. I didn’t realize it was an error. I just knew it wasn’t what had been shown online and what others had posted getting. I read on here some time ago that NECA said it was an error. I was going to contact them to see about getting replaced if possible. I don’t know if it is actually worth anything. I’ve seen them online with the same figures I’ve gotten. Then I saw it in store at a GameStop and Think Geek.
Night Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #34
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Monkey View Post
His mouth is different, showing all of his teeth. When I ordered the bundle from GameStop (the second time it went up after the initial release), I received this figure. I didn’t realize it was an error. I just knew it wasn’t what had been shown online and what others had posted getting. I read on here some time ago that NECA said it was an error. I was going to contact them to see about getting replaced if possible. I don’t know if it is actually worth anything. I’ve seen them online with the same figures I’ve gotten. Then I saw it in store at a GameStop and Think Geek.
Are you still seeing them? I would really like to add one to my collection is there any way you could help me out?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #35
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
I agree, toy hunting CAN be fun but for me it all comes down to what the situation is. I absolutely love vintage toy hunting. I know I can find them all on ebay for decent prices but I get a thrill out of not really knowing what I will find. Prime example, a few years ago I found the Green Jumpsuit Channel 6 April figure in a mix bag of junk for a dollar. That was awesome. The neverending search for a wild Scratch figure for a few bucks at an antique store or in a yardsale box being sold by someone who doesn't know what they have? I do that all the time. I probably never will find one but I refuse to buy one on ebay because it ruins the fun and once I buy that, I have the holy grail and have no need to go looking.

Hunting Neca Bebop and Rocksteady? F*** that. They are brand new and all over ebay. I'm not wasting time and money driving all over for them. That isn't fun to me because they should be readily available. I will eventually find one at a Target and when I do it won't be a satisfying event because of the thrill of hunting. It'll be a f***ing relief because it's done and over and I don't have to find them ever again. I gave up on those two and stopped going to Targets just to find them. Instead, now when we go to Target to get other stuff I casually look, of course hoping they are there but not expecting to find them.
Agree with all of this. If Randy and Neca want to give people a HUNT make a variant or limited edition of some sorts. Like Mcfarlane does with his sports licenses. Or Funko with their POP chases. BnR are important characters to the TV line why make them limited. Poor way to handle everything.

I really hope Walmart and Neca follow the same structure of GS. Preorder and have extra stock in store as well.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #36
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Tokka/Rahzar 2-pack and Super Shredder deluxe figure set to hit later this summer.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:55 AM   #37
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Super Shredder looks to be hitting Wal-Mart shelves in August, but based on these two Tweets ... Tokka and Rahzar will be able to preorder elsewhere?
Old 06-19-2020, 09:13 AM   #38
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Super Shredder looks to be hitting Wal-Mart shelves in August, but based on these two Tweets ... Tokka and Rahzar will be able to preorder elsewhere?
SDCC exclusives?
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:39 PM   #39
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #40
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
SDCC exclusives?
God, I hope not. Unless they significantly up the quantity they're making available, it's going to be a total crapshoot getting these.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote