Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 06:09 AM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Full disclosure:

This won't ever happen.

Lawson is done doing comics. He might do your commission, but that's about it. From what it seems, doing this last comic put him in the red. No idea. That's his business. Though it was sudden.

A.C. Farley is done with me because he bullied me into admitting I'm not voting for Biden weeks ago. Like, he tried and tried and tried, and then I had to say one way or the other (as in, I didn't want to get political with him, or say where I stand). Finally I was cornered and had to what was on my mind. Then suddenly blocked me from everything. Sad.

Is this really where we're at? Every day I'm a little more surprised than the day before.

Booooooooooo.

That's some bullsh*t all the way around.

I might not have ended up getting it - although on the other hand I might've - but either way, what a crock of sh*t.

Very unprofessional of Farley if true. Based on what I've heard from The Birds and The Bees I'm inclined to think so. That's some "You're not allowed to eat in my restaurant because of who you vote for" bullsh*t. Inexcusable.

Never met or spoken to the guy but my opinion of him dropped about ten points. Way to leave you as a collaborator, as well as the fans who might've been invested emotionally, to hang and wither over petty f*cking nonsense.

Booooooooooooooo! Hiiiiiiissssssssssssss!

"The Tolerant Left" my aching Irish ass.

EDIT: Between what you've said, Andrew, and the old thread from 2012 about commissions that someone linked to on the last page... it has me wondering if those literal years spent between commission and actually sending out the art was spent doing background checks one-by-one on everyone who paid him for a piece, making absolutely sure that they'd voted for Obama and/or Hillary before he'd even put pen to paper on them and sending anyone else's request to the bottom of the pile to be worked on "eventually".

I mean, I'm kidding, but... eh? I mean he's shown that he's only willing to work with those who "deserve" him. So who even knows? Either way... blech. Just blech.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 10-15-2020 at 07:02 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:06 AM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Lawson is done doing comics. He might do your commission, but that's about it. From what it seems, doing this last comic put him in the red. No idea. That's his business. Though it was sudden.
Strange, wasn't he fully paid for his work? If IDW ever does an official conclusion for Vol. 4 in the future it would feel odd if he wasn't the one doing the art. I hope he's still up for that if it ever happens, albeit small chance. Then again I never thought we'd get an official Image conclusion so I guess anythings possible.

Quote:
A.C. Farley is done with me because he bullied me into admitting I'm not voting for Biden weeks ago. Like, he tried and tried and tried, and then I had to say one way or the other (as in, I didn't want to get political with him, or say where I stand). Finally I was cornered and had to what was on my mind. Then suddenly blocked me from everything. Sad.
This is pretty funny, lol
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:13 AM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

Like how do you BULLY someone into giving an opinion when they clearly don't want to go down that road with you, and then rage (and rage-quit) on them because you don't like their answer? Give me an ever-loving break, here.

BUT again, this is what I see every day on social media.

The Right (or even The Moderate But Right-Leaning): "I'd rather not tell you how I feel about ____ because I really want us to be friends, and I think it's okay that we disagree."

The Left: "If we disagree about _______, then your dumb ass doesn't DESERVE me as a friend! In fact, we were NEVER really friends and I regret every second I ever spent in your acquaintance."

It's funny how they bleat so much about "people just wanna live their lives" but they don't practice what they preach. Like, at all.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:18 AM   #44
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Lawson is done doing comics. (...) From what it seems, doing this last comic put him in the red. No idea. That's his business. Though it was sudden.
Which last comic are you talking about?
Can you develop "done doing comics"? Does it include your TMNT fan comics, TMNT comics in general, any comics...?
Really curious to know more as I'm a big fan of his work.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:21 AM   #45
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Maybe Andrew should re-brand himself as "Leftist Andrew NDB-PC" and approach Farley with a similar but just different enough concept to see if he takes the bait.

Seriously though... major bummer.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:40 AM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Maybe Andrew should re-brand himself as "Leftist Andrew NDB-PC" and approach Farley with a similar but just different enough concept to see if he takes the bait.

Seriously though... major bummer.
I could maybe be accused of being a centrist. It really broke my heart with Farley. He literally said I'm against Trump or I'm an idiot.

I'm not a Trump "supporter." He's just the only guy in the ring not talking crazy, trying to take away basic rights. Like, taking away basic constutional rights is part of his platform. "I am coming for for guns!" literally. While there is rampant looting in the streets and a call for "defund" the you know what. I'm a family man.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:48 AM   #47
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I know you're upset with Farley's response, but don't let that put you off from this project you wanted to do. I mean, he wasn't the only contributor either. You'll find a solution.

Politic in the US is really aggressive...
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:01 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
I know you're upset with Farley's response, but don't let that put you off from this project you wanted to do. I mean, he wasn't the only contributor either. You'll find a solution.

Politic in the US is really aggressive...
Farley was a small part. A bonus part. Even before this, I wasn't expecting a Farley cover. But he was all in, me chipping in extra monies on someone else's commission, basically. Which they signed off on. But apparently I'm the devil when I was his good friend the day before. Very strange.

Lawson is Lawson. He did his kickstarter and says he's done. Fair enough. No harm no foul as far as I'm concerned.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #49
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Maybe that's not really what you want to hear but, it's time to step away from those old contributors. From what I understand, they are not really reliable anymore or they have their reasons. I know that it won't make this project something as legit as a comic drawn by original artists but maybe try to turn to new faces or others who have touched the TMNT in one way or another? From Images time or IDW? The kind that is not old enough to be tired of drawing comics. I don't really know your contacts, but you will surely find someone to help you. Take as long as it takes, we'll be there waiting of course. Just don't let that idea die.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #50
AquaParade
Banned

Eh, Farley seems like a hot rod of contradictions anyway. I'm not saying he's not a good person, but that action in itself doesn't surprise me. I used to follow him when I had Facebook, and I'll never forget his rants about people needing to buck-up and do their jobs, while he was sitting on years worth of commission money and posting on FB hourly instead of getting those back to the folks who paid for them. He's gonna sit on Facebook everyday and lecture people about responsibility when he accepted money for commissions from hardcore fans and waited years and years to fulfill them? Hypocritical.

Sorry though, that sucks.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #51
newfan
Mad Scientist

Sorry to hear Andrew, is there a chance of another option for you?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #52
neatoman
Emperor

Well... I guess you could always find some artist willing to draw for you? Maybe not anyone who made TMNT comics before but I bet there's always someone out there itching to get some work done.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #53
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm sad to hear about Lawson. Farley blocking Andrew because he doesn't share his political view is pretty surreal. Poor America!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #54
AquaParade
Banned

When it comes to cutting people off due to their political stance, it's a very complicated issue. Personally, I don't tend to do it, but don't we all have a certain place where we draw a line in the sand? I'm pretty dang lenient when it comes to other's opposing views, so I don't really run into this issue, but I can imagine a scenario where someone truly believes that, say Trump, is so despicable that by supporting him, you must be a person with values they can not support.

Now hear me out, I'm not saying that at all. But if that is what you believe, wouldn't you consider cutting someone off? Honestly, I could understand a vegetarian cutting me off. I'm not saying I'm objectively bad for eating animals, but I can see how it would come across as despicable to someone who values their lives more than I apparently do, and make it hard for them to be around me. I don't know. It's complicated and I'm still sorting my thoughts out.

The other thing though, is that if we are going to share a country, we have to get along on some level. I'm not sure shutting the door on each other will help. We seem to be growing so far apart however.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Eh, Farley seems like a hot rod of contradictions anyway. I'm not saying he's not a good person, but that action in itself doesn't surprise me. I used to follow him when I had Facebook, and I'll never forget his rants about people needing to buck-up and do their jobs, while he was sitting on years worth of commission money and posting on FB hourly instead of getting those back to the folks who paid for them. He's gonna sit on Facebook everyday and lecture people about responsibility when he accepted money for commissions from hardcore fans and waited years and years to fulfill them? Hypocritical.

Sorry though, that sucks.
I literally just read that whole thread this morning, and you're spot on.

I still have anxiety dreams about homework assignments I never turned in back in high school, and this guy charges people money for a job and takes upwards of SIX YEARS to finish it for some people, meanwhile he has time to go on FB and rant hourly about Orange Man Bad and all that horse sh*t? Gotta love those goddamn priorities.

When Libs say "Get off your ass and Do Your Jobs", they mean taking away guns and taxing the working class more to give more Free Sh*t to heroin addicts and dropouts. It's all a big code. And they really, REALLY hate it when you flip it on 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
When it comes to cutting people off due to their political stance, it's a very complicated issue. Personally, I don't tend to do it, but don't we all have a certain place where we draw a line in the sand? I'm pretty dang lenient when it comes to other's opposing views, so I don't really run into this issue, but I can imagine a scenario where someone truly believes that, say Trump, is so despicable that by supporting him, you must be a person with values they can not support.

Now hear me out, I'm not saying that at all. But if that is what you believe, wouldn't you consider cutting someone off? Honestly, I could understand a vegetarian cutting me off. I'm not saying I'm objectively bad for eating animals, but I can see how it would come across as despicable to someone who values their lives more than I apparently do, and make it hard for them to be around me. I don't know. It's complicated and I'm still sorting my thoughts out.

The other thing though, is that if we are going to share a country, we have to get along on some level. I'm not sure shutting the door on each other will help. We seem to be growing so far apart however.
To me, it's simple. If you put a person's Politics over their Personality when deciding whether or not to break bread with them, then you're kind of an asshole.

For me, I go on sometimes about not liking much about the way people on The Left behave - and I don't, really, I think a LOT of them stomp and cry like a bunch of babies with diaper rash, and this Farley and Andrew situation is Case In F*cking Point - but at the end of the day, if you're nice to me then I'm nice to you. I can roll my eyes, shake my head, sigh - and Lord, do I, every time I go on FB - but some of the same people who get me shaking my head have, to a person, been very kind to me and/or my wife.

Sure, there's probably always a line, and I guess I just haven't reached the point yet where I'd actively cut someone off over their beliefs. I STRONGLY disagree with a lot of stuff on either side of the political aisle and I often question "HOW can anyone really believe that?" about any number of things. But it's like, whatever. It's not against the law to be ignorant or immature or even closed-minded.

Just f*cking be nice to people. That's all. Cutting people out of your life because they don't share your opinion on "safe spaces" or eating meat or Drag Queen Story Hour or abortion or what-the-f*ck-ever is NOT nice.

"You don't agree with me about ______? Then f*ck off forever, asshole." Congratulations, now YOU'RE the asshole, and I don't care WHAT you believe on ANY topic, anymore.

Anecdotally, I absolutely meet more Conservatives than Liberals who still believe in "Live and Let Live." "Hey man, we don't gotta think the same, you're still a cool guy." Most Liberals I encounter, on the other hand, think you should literally be able to stab anyone you deem a "Nazi", and "Nazi" to them basically means anyone who isn't in lock-step with their own beliefs. Which... frankly sounds pretty Nazi-ish, to me. ((Shrug)) Like I have multiple friends who openly, loudly advocate for someone shooting Trump in the head because "It would be the best thing for the entire world." I mean come ON.

I'm TOLD that people like that exist on The Right, but I've only ever seen them in news articles, mostly about Florida, aka "America's Colon". I've NEVER met any conservatives who are that hostile and deranged, not ever in my life. Not in person, nor on FB. The worst I've ever encountered is some good-natured and well-meaning "scolding" about being an Agnostic who thinks abortion should be the rule and not the exception. Although sure, some people on the Right do take things too far, like disowning their gay kid or whatever. That's bad, too. But that's mostly gone out of fashion, it seems. Conservatives nowadays are probably more open-minded than they've ever been, OR, at the very least they're less willing to shut people out over their differences. But the Left just keeps getting worse.

So yeah, we're divided. But most of the "Think like me or we can never talk again, you monster!" sh*t is absolutely coming from ONE side overwhelmingly. And it's the side who calls themselves the Good Guys.

Like, I know Lefties don't believe in God, and I'm not sure I do either. BUT. There's something to be said for the whole "Walking in the Spirit of Christ" gimmick regardless, and I think a lot of them sure could use a lesson about that kinda thing. "We disagree, so get out of my life" is most certainly NOT it.

A couple who we're friends with just took my wife and I out to dinner the other night and we had a great time. We talked work, politics, family, the general state of things... they're Jewish folks who are registered Democrats, my wife is voting for Trump and I don't vote at all. But in over ten years we've never had a difference of opinion SO harsh that anyone ever even considered cutting anyone off. We just agree to disagree and go about our lives, and when we shoot the sh*t, nobody thinks they're gonna change anyone's mind. It's just a conversation.

That's how people SHOULD act. Left, Right, Center... just be f*cking NICE to people, for f*ck's sake. Again, wasn't that the whole thing Jesus was trying to put over? Seriously, no wonder they nailed him up. If we aren't ready for that kind of thinking NOW we certainly weren't ready 2000 years ago, either.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #56
AquaParade
Banned

Good stuff, Leo!

See, the thing I've been hung up on lately is the "blank". What if the blank is something that's, say, a matter of life or death? For some people, that ranks over personality. Like, "Sure you murder babies, but you're a nice guy". And I hate to step into the abortion topic, but that's how some people see it, so I can sort of understand on some level. I'm not taking a stance on abortion either way right now, I'm just playing devil's advocate to get to the heart of the subject. Maybe some matters I am considering "politics" actually go beyond politics? Not sure.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #57
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, I don't exactly have any easy answers. The way I look at it, and I've touched on this before, but we all individually and collectively benefit from morally reprehensible behavior every single day. At one point, some 6-year old kid definitely got shot in the head because he wasn't sewing those sneakers on your feet fast enough, but you're still wearing them. Some of the girls you've whacked off to in porn were sex trafficked, but you still watch it. And so on and so forth.

Having a moral compass is nice and all, but if you pick the scab too much, you realize that on some level we're all monstrous hypocrites, every single one. Every day we each look the other way on things we definitely "shouldn't", but we have to. Because what choice do we have otherwise?

I just find the Selective Moral Outrage from some about certain topics just... rather hysterical. People pick and choose what to be outraged about because they want to seem righteous, without actually doing anything of relevance. They just wanna whine and rave. They don't actually want to change the world, because Status Quo works best for everyone and even the ranters and ravers realize that. They just wanna be holier-than-thou. And the transparent hypocrisy of it amuses me. Because when you challenge them to put the fire in their belly to good use over the Big Problems, suddenly, it's you who's missing the point.

"Could it be that everybody selfishly desires their own personal retinue?
And that causes are just manifestations of too much time, and far too little to do...?"
- Bad Religion, "Empty Causes"

Old 10-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #58
Coola Yagami
Overlord

That reminds me of the outrage caused by Netflix and their choice of film. Most people did was cancel their Netflix account. Big deal. Someone on YouTube actually asked "well if you're really do outraged what are you actually doing about it? What charity or foundation that helps abused children have you donated to? Cause just cancelling your netflix and making a lot of angry posts in Twitter isn't really do anything."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:00 PM   #59
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

While this whole situation sucks, I don't see why it has to stop the project. Who cares if Lawson doesn't draw it? Hire a new artist. Send out a call, get some samples. I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd be willing and able to do it. The art is only the secondary element; the story is what really matters, and as long as you're writing it, I'm sure it will turn out fine. Your previous works have proven that. The art should serve the story, and If you don't have Lawson art, then get new art! Never let aesthetics get in the way of a good story!
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #60
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Who cares if Lawson doesn't draw it?
Me, I care and I'm sure I'm not alone. But you're right: he should hire someone else. If he has a good story he should try to go on with the project even if Lawson won't be in it.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote