The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-20-2020, 08:13 AM   #81
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Technically, I have a bot, too.
Distill Web Monitor
It's a free Chrome browser plugin that lets you highlight a part of a web page and set it to automatically refresh that page once every X seconds (down to 1) and alerts you if it detects that anything changed.
It's how I monitor sites like Target the other day when things were supposedly going live, to know as soon as the "ship it" button appeared, rather than manually refreshing all the time.
However, it doesn't do anything more than that, you can't make it do anything else.
You should all have that bot, though.
How are bot buyers then buying many quantities of them???
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:52 AM   #82
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
you can have multiple browsers open running them all at once, but I'm not sure how they are getting past the "2 per address" requirement
Old 07-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #83
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I'm not sure where there is evidence they did, or where there is evidence that Target has this limit, or where there is evidence that Target enforces this limit...but if you believe all these things to be true (I don't) then look no further than them shipping them out to multiple addresses to family and friends and using multiple accounts.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #84
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'm not sure where there is evidence they did, or where there is evidence that Target has this limit, or where there is evidence that Target enforces this limit...but if you believe all these things to be true (I don't) then look no further than them shipping them out to multiple addresses to family and friends and using multiple accounts.
They are true, I know of an Ebay guy who bought 30 Metalheads and 40 Casey/Raph sets using bots. Do you really believe they are sending the items to 15-20 different addresses? LOL I don't! And the guy got all 40 casey sets sent to his home.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:37 PM   #85
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

You ignored the other part of what I said, which is that I'm not sure Target has a limit of 2 per ... NECA does that, but Target doesn't, do they?

And if they do, who knows, maybe they suck at enforcing it. Maybe there's a bug. Maybe a window between placing an order and the system knowing that you already bought 2 and in that window you can buy more.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:13 PM   #86
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You ignored the other part of what I said, which is that I'm not sure Target has a limit of 2 per ... NECA does that, but Target doesn't, do they?

And if they do, who knows, maybe they suck at enforcing it. Maybe there's a bug. Maybe a window between placing an order and the system knowing that you already bought 2 and in that window you can buy more.
yeah the most you could order at one time was 2, the drop down would only allow you to select 2 at the most
Old 07-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #87
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
yeah the most you could order at one time was 2, the drop down would only allow you to select 2 at the most
Yes, but did you place an order for 2 and then see if it would let you do another 2 after that?
Old 07-20-2020, 05:51 PM   #88
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Pixel Dan has a video review of them.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:11 PM   #89
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Pixel Dan has a video review of them.

Must be nice to not have to face the DB scalpers to get a set
Old 07-20-2020, 06:16 PM   #90
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Must be nice to not have to face the DB scalpers to get a set
well he is friends with Randy Falk and his review clearly says product provided by Neca toys
Old 07-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #91
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Oh I love PD
I think he is awesome . Just saying I need some NECA connections so I don?t have to have anxiety about their online drops haha
Old 07-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #92
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
you can have multiple browsers open running them all at once, but I'm not sure how they are getting past the "2 per address" requirement
I doubt they are enforcing it.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:37 PM   #93
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
if you can't beat them, join them, then it just depends on what bot is faster, oh and it was a one time fee of 49.99, and runs as an extension in Chrome
So umm....what it called? A friend wants to know
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:00 PM   #94
null
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post

Robosapien, Xbox 360, and Sony PlayStation 3 were the most popular toys for the Christmases of the Bush 2000s. The 2k3 cartoon and toys were thought of as a revamp of the FW turtles from the 80s and 90s. The turtles were a very 1990 phenomenon. The 90s were just starting and we were not quite in the digital age yet (the Pioneer GPS was introduced before 1990 was over).
Why do you feel the need to mention which Republican President was in power during these certain eras? How is it the slightest bit relevant?
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #95
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelightsaber View Post
Is anyone here actually interested in this?

I'm hoping scalpers buy a ton and get stuck with them.
I'm ok with scalpers getting screwed like this after I'm able to get a set lol.

I made my parents watch COOTS so much when I was little that the VHS got warn out and they had to buy a second copy. So for me it was a massive part of life back then, as ridiculously cheesy as it is haha. So once I get my set, I hope scalpers get screwed on it as well.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:11 AM   #96
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Why do you feel the need to mention which Republican President was in power during these certain eras? How is it the slightest bit relevant?
Well, as you know already, the 2k3 cartoon was on the air while George W. Bush was in office. It is easier for me to categorize things by Presidential terms. Unfortunately for TMNT fans, the 2k3 action figures were not as successful in the Bush 2000s eras as the original toyline was during the first year of the Bush 41 90s.

It?s relevant because it answers your question as to why adult collector 2k3 figures are not being made.

Last edited by mikey0; 07-21-2020 at 11:39 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #97
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Randy said no placeholder link or time to battle bots. Id rather battle bots for 30 seconds than waste an entire half day
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #98
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Randy said no placeholder link or time to battle bots. Id rather battle bots for 30 seconds than waste an entire half day
They haven?t solved the problem until they take preorders for all these and limit it to 2 Sets a person
Not to hard randy and neca
Old 07-22-2020, 03:40 AM   #99
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

Around what time do these usually go live online?

I know it's rough getting in and actually coming out with them but I'm gonna try. I usually wait til figures hit stores though and that bites me in the ass every time. I dont wanna do that with these, I wanna try to get my hands on them as soon as they are live this time.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:36 AM   #100
super curry max
Hench Mutant

These go on sale today or tomorrow?