The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant

The Utrom Shredder being an impostor in the 4Kids cartoon.

How do you feel about Ch'rell stealing the identity of Oroku Saki and his alter ego, Are you okay with him not being the original Shredder/Oroku Saki or does it diminish him in the 4Kids cartoon.

Last edited by Keldor1578; 10-02-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I thought it was fitting, and it brought the entire storyline full circle, with the original Saki being the basis for the legend that Ch'rell used to become the Shredder, and that same "imposter" being the one who led the turtles to discover the legends, the mystics, and how to defeat the tengu-demon. So without him "usurping" the role, the Sword of Tengu story, the backstory with the Utroms, and most of season five would never have happened. It's a mystical/temporal paradox..... Would they have ever even encountered the mystics, or would the Tengu-Shredder have awakened if not for Ch'rell's meddling? Probably not.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

I wish Ch'rell would have had a stand-alone origin episode that detailed how and why he became Oroku Saki.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I was always cool with utrom Shredder as an imposter. Some people complained that there were too many Shredders in the show but I have to say I liked all the variants. I wish we could have seen the Shredder War arc btw.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I wish Ch'rell would have had a stand-alone origin episode that detailed how and why he became Oroku Saki.
Is a damn shame, I wish too there was an episode on how Ch'rell became Oroku Saki.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Doesn't bother me at all. He was always the real shredder in my mind.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant

Even after Ch'rell was revealed to be an imposter, People who hate the Utrom Shredder are still complaining about him.They should just be happy there was a human Oroku Saki in the 4Kids cartoon.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor1578 View Post
Even after Ch'rell was revealed to be an imposter, People who hate the Utrom Shredder are still complaining about him.They should just be happy there was a human Oroku Saki in the 4Kids cartoon.
Except that there wasn't.... One flashback episode and other than that shredder was either an alien a demon a woman or a living computer virus.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
CansecoBat
Banned

Utrom Shredder, the sloppy merging of the 80's show Krang and Shredder ruined the 4Kids show for me, personally. Needless re-invention of the character, just for the sake of being "cool". The change ultimately destroyed the intimacy of the character of Oroku Saki to the turtles, and Saki / Shredder going from menacing human to basically a mask for a laughable angry pink utrom was totally unforgivable in my book.
CansecoBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
k_lala
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Yes this would have been awesome! Also I would have loved to see his reaction if he ever meet the real Oroku Saki and NO BTTS doesnt count. That whole series was weird and so was that episode.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #11
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

It is not okayyyyy...

Ch'rell was fun. I have no problems with his being an utrom, with his iconic human identity just being a suit, or anything else. Tengu Shredder, for all he was hyped, for all he was physically powerful, just wasn't a fun character. Trying to make him the "real" Saki was laughable.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #12
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
How do you feel about Ch'rell stealing the identity of Oroku Saki and his alter ego, Are you okay with him not being the original Shredder/Oroku Saki or does it diminish him in the 4Kids cartoon.
Diminish imo.

I loathe utrom shredder with every fibre of my being. In this series, Oroku Saki is nothing but a mere vessel, a worthless puppet, a non being.

It's like taking one of the turtles and turning them into a robot or something awfully dull like that.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #13
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Diminish imo.

I loathe utrom shredder with every fibre of my being. In this series, Oroku Saki is nothing but a mere vessel, a worthless puppet, a non being.

It's like taking one of the turtles and turning them into a robot or something awfully dull like that.
I agree with that Shark Blade.

Utrom Shredder. Ugh...
Yes it was an powerful twist in the series, but the shock value faded fast, and in the process Utrom Shredder ruined the lure of the human aspect of Oroku Saki, the other TMNT depictions had. Instead of being fully immersed in the Japanese backstory and growing up around it, Saki was actually just a cover, hiding a sociopathic alien criminal all along. Saki's character depth, in comparison from the other depictions to this 4Kids depiction, was reduced to a veneer because he was actually a whole other character since the beginning.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 10-14-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Except that there wasn't.... One flashback episode and other than that shredder was either an alien a demon a woman or a living computer virus.
Doesn't change the fact there was a real Oroku Saki.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
This is a good idea. I probably would've liked him if he had some more backstory.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
Quesun
New Recruit

I would have preferred Ch'rell stayed "the original Shredder" since the series spent three whole seasons building up his character and only one on Demon Shredder, plus he didn't debut until later in the season. It's a minor gripe though and I don't think it diminishes Ch'rell's character. He had to get inspiration for that battle gear somewhere.

Last edited by Quesun; 10-21-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Quesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #17
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

And why was Chrell read, when the other Utroms were pink?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
And why was Chrell read, when the other Utroms were pink?
Because he's eeeeeevil. Just because.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact there was a real Oroku Saki.
Doesn't change the fact that they weren't fighting the real Oroku Saki for most of the series. What's your point.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
CansecoBat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Because he's eeeeeevil. Just because.
Selling Toys.

Be honest.
CansecoBat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, utrom shredder