The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Mortal Kombat X

NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has just announced the 10th Mortal Kombat game, Titled. Mortal Kombat X. Check out the Announcement Trailer.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Slade
god status

Saw this earlier. It looked pretty good. I think the song kinda ruined th trailer for me though.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

MKs 4-8 were all 3D fighters, yet this one -- like the last one -- are dragging things back to 1990.

Stupid, and backwards. I'll wait for Tekken 7, or Tekken X Street Fighter.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
MKs 4-8 were all 3D fighters, yet this one -- like the last one -- are dragging things back to 1990.

Stupid, and backwards. I'll wait for Tekken 7, or Tekken X Street Fighter.
Because the existence of 3D totally makes 2D fighters irrelevant, right? MK's 4-8 were also super good and well received too!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

I'm in. Had a lot of fun with 9....Well every MK. So yeah!

The existence of other genres means that older genres must not be used. Doy!

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know this is just a teaser, but isn't Subzero and the rest of the cast technically dead by the start of this game?

Likewise Subzero was turned into a cyborg in the last game, so I don't know why this is showing him as a human again. I can't wait to see what cheesy storytelling method they have to bring back all the main characters from the first game back to life.

I was disgusted when Raiden killed Liu Kang at the end of the first game. It was like a slap in the face.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Looks really good. That's all.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm the very first one to admit, I'm not the Fighting Game Guy. That said, I've always had fun with the MK series. Even though it became hip around the time the last game came out to say Deadly Alliance and the rest weren't very good, I disagree, and I know a lot of others do, too. I always had fun with those games and was happy that they were easy enough for someone like me to actually be able to play, learn, and have fun with.

But I get why the last game was a little more "back to basics", and surprisingly, I had a lot of fun with that one, too. The story intrigued me, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the new one moves things forward. The last game left things in a really dark place, so I'm excited to see where things go from there. I'm not an expert in either, but I always felt the MK series was much stronger in story than the SF series. That's partly why I think I played more of the MK series.

This should be good. I'm happy.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

MK9 was pretty big in the fighting game tournaments, Its no doubt they are gonna up the ante with this one.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's hard to get excited with a CG trailer, but I guess the game will look similar to MK9 counting it's also coming out on PS3/360. I wish MK games would try to go with digitized graphics again though, the cancelled remakes of the original trilogy with HD digitized sprites looked amazing. I haven't liked the polygon look of MK since 4 came out.

For some reason I've always enjoyed the cheesy storyline in MK even though by Armageddon it was so convoluted. They had a chance to clean it up in MK9 and yet they ended up with a convoluted mess by the end of that game. The second MK trilogy actually had good ideas so they can still come up with something decent from there, we'll see. Heck, I don't even know why I like MK since I've always been terrible at it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #11
goodfellaray
Thug

I remember the first time I laid my eyes on Mortal Kombat. My friends were playing it at a video store here that no longer exists. My jaw was on the floor. I couldn't believe what the hell my eyes were seeing. I think I was around 6 or 7 years old. Been a fan ever since. Definitely looking forward to this one.
I have tried to channel your anger, Raphael. But more remains. Anger clouds the mind. Turned inward, it is an unconquerable enemy. You are unique among your brothers, for you choose to face this enemy alone. But as you face it, do not forget them, and do not forget me.
goodfellaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:29 AM   #12
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Nice, I'm a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, so I'll definitely be picking this up.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #13
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I loved the Konquest mode in Deception, but I don't dare to hope for a similar one for MKX. I'm good with a Konquest mode like MK9 had, and I wanna see the story start from where the previous one ended.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know what was with the rap music in this trailer. I've never associated rap with Mortal Kombat and it seemed like a cheap attempt to attract current 15 year olds to the franchise who missed out on the fad in the 90's.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #15
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't know what was with the rap music in this trailer. I've never associated rap with Mortal Kombat and it seemed like a cheap attempt to attract current 15 year olds to the franchise who missed out on the fad in the 90's.
Or Wiz Khalifa made a song for the game and that's it.

Get outta here with your "Kids today with their hip hop and Jordan sneakers" you've already shown yourself as a racially ignorant dumbass so probably best to quit while you're way behind.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #16
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I loved the Konquest mode in Deception, but I don't dare to hope for a similar one for MKX. I'm good with a Konquest mode like MK9 had, and I wanna see the story start from where the previous one ended.
I hear ya concerning the story. MK 9 had a great story mode and looking forward to more of that from X. Wondering if Liu Kang is going to be able to actually use his chains if he returns in this one as a zombie. I'm also digging the return of weapons. The interactables ought to be fun.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Huge Mortal Kombat fan and I can't wait for E3 to check out the gameplay on this bad boy (hopefully it's just as awesome as this trailer!)

These are some additions I'm already thinking about:

- Replay Theater would be great but I hope they go beyond and add dynamic camera movements or slow motion like in the trailer.

- More Characters; I want new and unique characters that fit in with the mystical world of Mortal Kombat.

- Balanced Fighting Mechanics. Please, just no more cheap Noob Saibots...

And finally, my #1 wish: DO NOT make Mortal Kombat 'dark & gritty' like the Legacy series. The main appealing factor of MK to me is how ridiculous and fun it is. There needs to be a balance and I hope they go all out. By that I mean bring back EVERYTHING! Fatalities, Babalities, Animalities, Friendships etc.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most of the characters from the newer Mortal Kombat games were terrible, I'm curious as to which they'll bring back.

We already know Shinnok is confirmed from the ending of the first game, and we'll probably see most of the cast from Mortal Kombat 4 return. I don't know if we'll see many of the Deadly Alliance/Deception characters return though, most were terrible.

The story mode of the first game covered MK1-3, we know this game will cover Mortal Kombat 4...but I hope they don't re-do the story of the later games. They should be forgotten.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #19
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Tekken X Street Fighter.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #20
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Or Wiz Khalifa made a song for the game and that's it.

Get outta here with your "Kids today with their hip hop and Jordan sneakers" you've already shown yourself as a racially ignorant dumbass so probably best to quit while you're way behind.
settle down Stryker lets try and keep it civil....
Anyway the last Mortal Kombat game MK9 was the first Mortal Kombat game I enjoyed in a long time. I think sense Sholin Monks, but MK9 was a great game. Really looking forward to this. But I will say the rap music felt off, it worked with the trailer, but I am so use to hearing the Mortal Kombat theme song. Oh and why is Sub-Zero always loosing to Scorpion!!!!ugh.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote