The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #21
Ninjinister
無問題

Who cares Karin is the most boring character in SF history.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Who cares Karin is the most boring character in SF history.
Most boring? I don't agree with that. I'd award that title to either Dee jay or T-Hawk. Rufus and El Fuerte are lame as hell too. And I could also do without Seth and Decapre.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #23
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Most boring? I don't agree with that. I'd award that title to either Dee jay or T-Hawk. Rufus and El Fuerte are lame as hell too. And I could also do without Seth and Decapre.
I like Dee Jay and T-Hawk, they were cool when they first came out, not as cool as Cammy, as she seems to have taken the street fighter world by storm with how popular she would become, even giving old time favorites like Ryu, Ken, and even the great Chun Li a run for there money for fans.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #24
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't think they've ever owned her rights in the first place. She was created by someone else for a Street Fighter manga about Ryu and Sakura. So I guess for her to get into a Street Fighter game they need permission from her creator and I guess neither party could reach to an agreement.

Well what's really noticeable about Cammy's design is that she was given bigger boobs, which is odd considering she's always been a thin and petite woman. Big boobs don't really fit her.
For the most part I do like Cammy's new look, I think its better than her SF4 look, there are only 3 things I don't agree with and there pretty minor, the belly button, sorry I don't think Belly Buttons suck the outfit in like Cammy is showing there, and the empty gun holder on her leg, whats the point of having a gun holder when you ant packing some heat with it? Sure if they gave her a gun move like Stryker from Mortal Kombat, I can understand(And I loved Stryker, never understood the hate he got)
But a empty gun holder?

And 3 and this is the biggest, were are her legs cameo paint? Cammy is known for 3 things, pigtails check, booty check, and leg cameo, well what happen? I think Cammy really needed to have her leg cameo in 5.

I not sure about the big boobs, in Street fighter 2 Cammy's ending, they were big if I recall when she was holding herself when she found out she work for Bison or was his lover, or what ever that was lol.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I like Dee Jay and T-Hawk, they were cool when they first came out, not as cool as Cammy, as she seems to have taken the street fighter world by storm with how popular she would become, even giving old time favorites like Ryu, Ken, and even the great Chun Li a run for there money for fans.
I've always found them lame and uninteresting. Ok, I give it that T. hawk can be pretty dangerous, because any grappler will kill you if he gets his hands on you, but Dee Jay just sucks. I never met anyone who liked him, to be honest. I also didn't like Cammy in SSF2. In fact, the only of the new challengers I liked was Fei Long.

Well Cammy and Chun-Li are popular for fanservice. Not that they aren't kickass fighters and characters, though, mind you.

Quote:
For the most part I do like Cammy's new look, I think its better than her SF4 look, there are only 3 things I don't agree with and there pretty minor, the belly button, sorry I don't think Belly Buttons suck the outfit in like Cammy is showing there, and the empty gun holder on her leg, whats the point of having a gun holder when you ant packing some heat with it? Sure if they gave her a gun move like Stryker from Mortal Kombat, I can understand(And I loved Stryker, never understood the hate he got)
But a empty gun holder?

And 3 and this is the biggest, were are her legs cameo paint? Cammy is known for 3 things, pigtails check, booty check, and leg cameo, well what happen? I think Cammy really needed to have her leg cameo in 5.

I not sure about the big boobs, in Street fighter 2 Cammy's ending, they were big if I recall when she was holding herself when she found out she work for Bison or was his lover, or what ever that was lol.
Her being his lover was made-up for the US and PAL versions of the game. In the Japanese version all ti says is that she worked for him. And in the Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie it shows that she was indeed brainwashed by him and nothing is said about her being his lover. Although it would not really be that farfetched. I mean M. Bison is an evil ruthless bastard. Would it really be surprising if he had brainwashed a hot woman like Cammy with his psycho powers to become his lover?

I didn't even notice the belly button and couldn't care less either. The gun holder seems pointless, yes.

Stryker? I personally don't like him much because he's completely uninteresting and looks too normal to be in the Mortal Kombat universe. He doesn't fit in. What's so special about him? he's a cop and wields a gun... ye that's about it. Also, Scorpion and Reptile had to sit out of MK3 vanilla for characters like him and Sheeva? Come on now!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #26
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Her being his lover was made-up for the US and PAL versions of the game. In the Japanese version all ti says is that she worked for him. And in the Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie it shows that she was indeed brainwashed by him and nothing is said about her being his lover. Although it would not really be that farfetched. I mean M. Bison is an evil ruthless bastard. Would it really be surprising if he had brainwashed a hot woman like Cammy with his psycho powers to become his lover?
Considering she's his genetic distaff clone, the implications of the western version of that storyline are pretty Freudian.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #27
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I've always found them lame and uninteresting. Ok, I give it that T. hawk can be pretty dangerous, because any grappler will kill you if he gets his hands on you, but Dee Jay just sucks. I never met anyone who liked him, to be honest. I also didn't like Cammy in SSF2. In fact, the only of the new challengers I liked was Fei Long.

Well Cammy and Chun-Li are popular for fanservice. Not that they aren't kickass fighters and characters, though, mind you.

I didn't even notice the belly button and couldn't care less either. The gun holder seems pointless, yes.

Stryker? I personally don't like him much because he's completely uninteresting and looks too normal to be in the Mortal Kombat universe. He doesn't fit in. What's so special about him? he's a cop and wields a gun... ye that's about it. Also, Scorpion and Reptile had to sit out of MK3 vanilla for characters like him and Sheeva? Come on now!
Sheeva? She was amazing, After Goro in MK1, and Kintaro in MKII, who was the next 4 arm monster? Sheeva, and she was not a boss, you can choose her, that was amazing back in the day when you got the chance to pick a shokan warrior. Yeah she was not as cool as Goro or Kintaro, but I had fun with her, she was easy to juggle though, and that was Sheeva's main problem though. But she had a strong moveset, and Kintaro's stomp which made her a force.

Sheeva is one of my favorites. Yeah I miss Reptile and Scorpion, but Sheeva was cool in her own right. I was glad they brought her back for MKA. I had some more Sheeva fun lol. I think Sheeva was my favorite MKIII fighter.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Sheeva? She was amazing, After Goro in MK1, and Kintaro in MKII, who was the next 4 arm monster? Sheeva, and she was not a boss, you can choose her, that was amazing back in the day when you got the chance to pick a shokan warrior. Yeah she was not as cool as Goro or Kintaro, but I had fun with her, she was easy to juggle though, and that was Sheeva's main problem though. But she had a strong moveset, and Kintaro's stomp which made her a force.

Sheeva is one of my favorites. Yeah I miss Reptile and Scorpion, but Sheeva was cool in her own right. I was glad they brought her back for MKA. I had some more Sheeva fun lol. I think Sheeva was my favorite MKIII fighter.
I think you're the first person I hear that considers Sheeva amazing. She's one of the most hated MK characters and considered one of the worst as well. Then again you also like another not so loved character, Stryker. And you also like t. hawk and Dee Jay from SF, who also aren't exactly the most popular characters of their franchise either. Maybe you're just the kind of person who goes for the less loved?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Oh my god.... so they're really making this take place before Street Fighter III? I guess SFIII is still the end-all of the series. Probably cause making a game take place after that would age the characters too much or because they just don't want to get rid of their beloved Bison to make way for Gill or some all-new boss.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Oh my god.... so they're really making this take place before Street Fighter III? I guess SFIII is still the end-all of the series. Probably cause making a game take place after that would age the characters too much or because they just don't want to get rid of their beloved Bison to make way for Gill or some all-new boss.
You also have to keep in mind that Street Fighter III was a big commercial failure. Not that it wasn't a bad game, at least 3rd Strike certainly was not. but it came out at a time where the popularity of 2d fighters was at an all-time low. Not to mention its first console release was on the Dreamcast, which wasn't exactly the most successful console in history as we all know. The game then got ported to Xbox 360 several years later and by the time it was already too late. Street Fighter was kinda irrelevant for a while until 4 came out and it revived not only the franchise but 2d fighters as well. And finally, the lack of familiar characters didn't help either. The vanilla release of SFIII only had Ryu and Ken as returning characters. Akuma was added in 2nd Impact and then Chun-Li was added in 3rd Strike. As for SFIII introduced characters, not many are popular and memorable except for maybe Makoto, Dudley and maybe Yun. Ibuki's got some fans though, but she's not exactly close to being one of the most popular characters of the franchise.

So ye, it seems like Capcom has kinda swept Street Fighter III under the rug. They don't want to remind the general audience of such commercial failure, I'm guessing. Hell, I didn't even know there was a Street Fighter 3 until 4 was announced back in 2008. I only knew of 2 and the Alpha series.

I don't care about Gill much myself, and Bison hasn't exactly been shoved down our throats as the final boss anyway. In 4 you fight Seth at the end. In the Alpha 1 and 2 you fight your rival at the end. That only leaves SF2 and Alpha 3 as the games where you fight Bison at the end. Maybe he's also the final boss of SF EX and The Movie Game series, but I haven't played those and don't consider them proper installments. Not to mention I doubt many have played those.

But hey, maybe Street Fighter 6 will take place after III, who knows.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #31
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You also have to keep in mind that Street Fighter III was a big commercial failure. Not that it wasn't a bad game, at least 3rd Strike certainly was not. but it came out at a time where the popularity of 2d fighters was at an all-time low. Not to mention its first console release was on the Dreamcast, which wasn't exactly the most successful console in history as we all know. The game then got ported to Xbox 360 several years later and by the time it was already too late. Street Fighter was kinda irrelevant for a while until 4 came out and it revived not only the franchise but 2d fighters as well. And finally, the lack of familiar characters didn't help either. The vanilla release of SFIII only had Ryu and Ken as returning characters. Akuma was added in 2nd Impact and then Chun-Li was added in 3rd Strike. As for SFIII introduced characters, not many are popular and memorable except for maybe Makoto, Dudley and maybe Yun. Ibuki's got some fans though, but she's not exactly close to being one of the most popular characters of the franchise.

So ye, it seems like Capcom has kinda swept Street Fighter III under the rug. They don't want to remind the general audience of such commercial failure, I'm guessing. Hell, I didn't even know there was a Street Fighter 3 until 4 was announced back in 2008. I only knew of 2 and the Alpha series.

I don't care about Gill much myself, and Bison hasn't exactly been shoved down our throats as the final boss anyway. In 4 you fight Seth at the end. In the Alpha 1 and 2 you fight your rival at the end. That only leaves SF2 and Alpha 3 as the games where you fight Bison at the end. Maybe he's also the final boss of SF EX and The Movie Game series, but I haven't played those and don't consider them proper installments. Not to mention I doubt many have played those.

But hey, maybe Street Fighter 6 will take place after III, who knows.
So you don't think Elena was popular? Yeah most of the SFIII crew were kinda of lame, but SFIII proves that it can not hold a game if all you have is Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Chun Li, You need more old favorites, look at the Alpha series, you got old favorites, AND new ones. Fun times, yeah fun times.

I would add Elena though along with Makoto, Dudley, Yun.

So you never heard of Street Fighter I??
Old 09-10-2015, 09:43 PM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
So you don't think Elena was popular? Yeah most of the SFIII crew were kinda of lame, but SFIII proves that it can not hold a game if all you have is Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Chun Li, You need more old favorites, look at the Alpha series, you got old favorites, AND new ones. Fun times, yeah fun times.

I would add Elena though along with Makoto, Dudley, Yun.

So you never heard of Street Fighter I??
I don't think she is very poular, but maybe I'm wrong. Playing Ultra 4 online, I run into some Makotos, Yuns and especially Dudleys. Elenas are pretty rare.

Yes, I've heard of it, but didn't know what it was like until like 5-6 years ago when I finally saw some footage of it. No one plays that game nowadays anyway. It seems to have aged terribly.

The Alpha series introduced some popular characters such as Charlie and Rose. Also Guy and Cody even though those are originally from Final Fight. It also made Adon and Birdie notorious, considering no one remembers SF1.

So what's your favorite Street Fighter game, guys?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #33
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't think she is very poular, but maybe I'm wrong. Playing Ultra 4 online, I run into some Makotos, Yuns and especially Dudleys. Elenas are pretty rare.

Yes, I've heard of it, but didn't know what it was like until like 5-6 years ago when I finally saw some footage of it. No one plays that game nowadays anyway. It seems to have aged terribly.

The Alpha series introduced some popular characters such as Charlie and Rose. Also Guy and Cody even though those are originally from Final Fight. It also made Adon and Birdie notorious, considering no one remembers SF1.

So what's your favorite Street Fighter game, guys?

If you have a ps2, you can get the Capcom collections vol 2, it has SF1 with tons of other games, along with one of the SF2 games, I forget if its hyper or turbo.
Now onto SF1, it came out in 1988, and the graphics look great consider the age it came in, with pacman ete. The fighters look great, and the backgrounds are nice, I loved Mont Rushmore, Joe's level, Sagat's level, the great wall of china. All looks great. Just a step be hide SFII (The world Warrior) graphics,

controls are BADDDDDD. And I mean bad. Good luck in trying to get a special move off, sometimes I don't know if I am going to pull off the dragon punch or the fireball. Its pretty much wiggling the controls and hope something comes off. The special moves are really powerful though, 2 or even 1 if landed right could end the match.

Now the game has a lot of fighters in it, ten fighters, but the problem is you can only be 2 of the ten fighters, Ryu and Ken. I enjoy, its not a bad game. I really only have problems with Sagat, and Adon. But its a nice looking game, even though the controls are wacky, but just special power move your way though and you win the game in no time.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #34
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

so

First middle eastern fighter in core series. Nice. Rashid. Can harness the power of wind. should make for a cool move set.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
First middle eastern fighter in core series. Nice. Rashid. Can harness the power of wind. should make for a cool move set.
Hakan was the first one, not Rashid.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #36
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

bump

PS4 has a good deal on this right now. Delux edition for 39.99. Great considering the game itself is $19.99, and the 2 character packs are $29.99 & $11.99 respectively.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote