The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 06:42 AM   #21
AquaParade
Banned

My mom was driving me to my cousin’s place so I could borrow the VHS tape back in 1993, so it’s safe to say I’ve lost count.

What was most interesting to me was around middle school or high school when I began to realize that the 1990 movie was superior to the sequel. Secret of the Ooze was my childhood favorite, until I was able to recognize the fleshed out characters and dank atmosphere of the first film, I suppose. It was probably the slightly more mundane of the two for me before that.

One of my favorite movies, for sure. It’s not perfect, but if we were to get a better TMNT movie than this one, I’d be in heaven.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:09 PM   #22
ABrown
Banned

I really don't watch the original movie very often at all. But in recent years, I don't really rewatch any movies all that often. I just don't have that much free time. My TMNT rewatching these days is usually just periodically turning on the Pluto TMNT channel and watching an episode of the 4Kids series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:16 AM   #23
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I watch it at least once a year. That movie is so good. I can't believe how well it's held up over the years.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #24
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I just watched it again, 2x in as many weeks, and I swear at 16 I had more in common with the runaway kids in this movie than I did April or the turtles. I was kind of a criminal and a f*ck up. Petty crimes and all that sh*t. I'd be closer to Sam Rockwell than Danny Pennington. I have a very shady, sleazy, complicated past. I'm okay now tho. I think.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The less often you watch stuff you like the better that experience is, when I rediscovered TMNT 1990 I hadn't watched it since I was a kid and loved it so much, but ended up rewatching it way too often, like once a year and it wasn't as spectacular. This has happened with other franchises as well, and the more time I leave between viewings the more enjoyable it is since you forget certain aspects of it. Haven't watched it in like nearly 10 years so it's going to be a treat, need to rewatch it soon.

In total I've probably watched it about 10 times my whole life or so.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:48 PM   #26
gdawz
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
TMNT 1990
The Maltese Falcon (1941)
Batman (1989)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
John Carpenter's Halloween and II (1978, 1981)
Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho
Superman: The Movie (1978 )
JAWS (1975)
The Indiana Jones trilogy
First Blood (1982)
That's a quality yearly list. TMNT 1990 is on mine, though it had more viewings than that when I was a kid, and also was on the list of movies I'd force people to watch with me back when I used to go outside.

I recently rewatched TCM - its been some years, though I've watched it plenty of times - and I was again blown away by how solid that movie is. Same with the first Indy movie. And, uh, I know it's probably sacrilege, but I kinda like Halloween II on the same level as the original.

As far as the other Turtles movies, II and III get "I wonder if this is better than I remember?" viewings periodically (I REALLY want to like III more - I think it was a cool idea that just misses its mark); 2007 is a mess of over-plotting but is probably my second favorite and I'll watch it as a comparison point to other CGI flicks on occasion. Bay 1 I have tried to find good parts about but I really cannot; Bay 2 is - I think - not bad, and the commentaries / extras on the bluray support that there were some attempts to interject a tad more intelligence / fandom into that flick versus the previous one, though it's more that it's not a bad movie, while not necessarily being a great Turtles movie.
gdawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #27
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawz View Post
That's a quality yearly list. TMNT 1990 is on mine, though it had more viewings than that when I was a kid, and also was on the list of movies I'd force people to watch with me back when I used to go outside.

I recently rewatched TCM - its been some years, though I've watched it plenty of times - and I was again blown away by how solid that movie is. Same with the first Indy movie. And, uh, I know it's probably sacrilege, but I kinda like Halloween II on the same level as the original.

As far as the other Turtles movies, II and III get "I wonder if this is better than I remember?" viewings periodically (I REALLY want to like III more - I think it was a cool idea that just misses its mark); 2007 is a mess of over-plotting but is probably my second favorite and I'll watch it as a comparison point to other CGI flicks on occasion. Bay 1 I have tried to find good parts about but I really cannot; Bay 2 is - I think - not bad, and the commentaries / extras on the bluray support that there were some attempts to interject a tad more intelligence / fandom into that flick versus the previous one, though it's more that it's not a bad movie, while not necessarily being a great Turtles movie.
are you like my long lost relative or something? Not many people put Halloween II up there with Carpenter's original BUT I sometimes do that as well. Great slasher flick. Your ideas are about as close to my own as it gets.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #28
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
are you like my long lost relative or something? Not many people put Halloween II up there with Carpenter's original BUT I sometimes do that as well. Great slasher flick. Your ideas are about as close to my own as it gets.
Consider me another Halloween II fan. It took me a few years to appreciate it, but it's a great follow up to the original.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:46 PM   #29
gdawz
Mouser

Quote:
Not many people put Halloween II up there with Carpenter's original BUT I sometimes do that as well. Great slasher flick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Consider me another Halloween II fan. It took me a few years to appreciate it, but it's a great follow up to the original.
Ha - I was hesitant to voice my opinion, but figured I could sneak it in on a Turtles forum. I feel validated and will now go and post rampantly on some Halloween forums out there.
gdawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #30
Cordial Bird
Random Punk

It used to be a yearly tradition of mine that I broke...
Cordial Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'll probably watch it again sometime in the foreseeable future with my daughter, who's already seen it but probably forgot about it because it was when she was like 4.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:03 AM   #32
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I haven't seen it since... 2016. So not often
Old 10-26-2020, 02:24 AM   #33
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I did a marathon of all 4 movies last month so... once or twice a year probably.

It still holds up really, really well.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:38 PM   #34
nylemon

Once around 2014 I watched the movie often like 4,5 times a month maybe, before I go to sleep.

Back in time, I do repeatedly watch movies(Buckaroo Banzai, John Carpenter’s The Thing, Star wars, Nobuhiro Yamashita's movies etc...), but for now life is burden so watching same movie again and again is kinda boring to me, and the streaming platforms are raising in China so there's tons of movies you can choose to watch(not expensive for vip users). Hong Kong movies, Japanese movies, Client Eastwood, Chevy Chase... so on and so on. And I am tracking South Park, Donald Glover, The Mandalorian when new episode is on.

I do repeatedly watch TV shows like 2k3 series and
Romance of the Three Kingdoms since I do indoor cycling for like 40 minutes, so the run time fits. It's not a good idea watching never watched TVs. You know you might watch it whole night and mess the normal life
Old 10-29-2020, 08:15 PM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Not as much as when I was a kid, but I've watched it so often then that i practically still have it memorized.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

While it's impossible to remember the amount of times I watched it overall since I was a kid, I'd probably ballpark between 100-150 times, maybe even closer to 200.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #37
Musashi
Foot Soldier

I feel like a lightweight. I've probably seen it seven or eight times, a couple of times 30 years ago and the remaining viewings since I got the Blu-ray about 5 years ago.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #38
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Good Lord..... some of y'all are champs at watching this film. I've watched this movie about 2 times this year. Once when I got the Neca TMNT movie figures the other was around 4 months ago just because lol.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #39
AquaParade
Banned

Oooh ****, we got a "Last Ronin" in the house.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #40
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Since my resurgence into the fandom/franchise in 2012... I have seen this movie about once a year! Since 2016, I have probably watched it about 3 times a year.

POSTED THIS ONLINE RECENTLY: