The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #141
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I thought the term "furry" applied to those who enjoy dressing up as animals, not those who love anthropomorphic animals
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #142
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno, some past discussions around this place seemed to suggest it applies to that too.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #143
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
From the fics I've read, it's both. Also, I can think of at least ONE instance where one of them at least had a crush on a human- Michelangelo in the OT, for both Irma (Green With Envy) and Buffy Shellhammer (I forget the episode title). For that matter, Leo and Raph both had the "hots" for Irma too in that same episode! And then we have Donnie with April in the Nick toon. (And I guess OT Mona Lisa technically counts as well since she was human before she was mutated....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #144
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh don't forget Lotus... No room for doubt about how Leo felt about that one. (And others later.) He's definitely always had human fever. lol
Old 09-14-2017, 12:32 AM   #145
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I think I've come up with a semi-foolproof way of going about public speaking. Its at least worked for me.

You have to give up all hope and expect the worst to happen.
When you hope things go well you only end up hurting yourself more. You want so badly for things to go well that when they don't (which is usually the case) it can be absolutely devastating. You're left standing there not knowing what to do and wondering what good your pathetic little confidence was. Your faith in yourself got you nowhere. When you expect the worst to happen (in my case: stuttering, loss of breath, forgetting what you were going to say, the looks of pity on people's faces as they see you struggle, the whole thing going completely wrong) and then those things actually happen, the effect won't be as bad since you were prepared for it. Sure it'll still feel terrible knowing you failed, but in comparison to the alternative it isn't as bad. And if things somehow go decently, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Doing this has helped me out whenever I've had to do some public speaking. Things have gone relatively better....

And only now do I realize that if I put faith in this dumb little technique of mine and expect it to work all the time, I'm only setting myself up for disappointment when it fails me and I screw up bigger than ever.

Dang, it looks like whatever I do I'm still screwed.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #146
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Keep your chin up, Destron. We all get nervous when public speaking so that's nothing new. Just try to take deep breaths and just go out there and go for it.

As for the TMNT, that does make sense in a way. Leo definitely liked Lotus and there's no denying he still has feelings for Karai in the Nick toon however hard he tries to hide it. And don't forget Leo's relationship to Radical too in the comics.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #147
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I wonder what would happen if a pig were to consume pork.

Would they suddenly die?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #148
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I wonder what would happen if a pig were to consume pork.

Would they suddenly die?
No. Cannibalism in pigs (intentional or not) is unfortunately quite common in industrial farming. I don't think it inherently has any effect on them but it's still pretty ****ed up.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord

I imagine most animals would eat their own kind in meat if it was served to them. Just think, if you gave a cat "cat food" but it was really chopped up other cat, do you think the cat would be smart enough to realize that? Of course not, it'd just eat it anyway.

Most animals are dumb and stupid, they'll eat anything you give them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #150
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

But I don't think they would typically eat a cat they killed themselves because of a fight.

Although there are exceptions, Spiders eat each other, snakes kill even their own siblings etc.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #151
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, but when all meat is chopped up and served as food, most of it looks the same. Especially to animals.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:48 PM   #152
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You would not be able to feed our cats here other cats... How it looks really isn't much of a factor for cats. They just barely like any of the usual 'human' stuff most cats like, and picky enough with their own treats in what they will or won't touch.

Beefy smelling medicated cat treats my mom recently got from the vet for one of them and paid well over $20 for a bag? Nope, won't touch it.

(Though personally I think its an infection, not just his usual allergies, so we're giving him leftover Amoxicillin I had for my fish. In tuna... he'll gobble it right down so at least something works with him.)

Cat meat is unlikely to smell to them like something they want. And maybe there would still be a hint of smelling like a cat... Either way it would probably smell too foreign to be accepted as food by any domestic. A large wild cat of some kind, maybe. They accept food where they can find it, though eating one of their own would, I assume, be only an act of desperation, and even then prob more often scavenged, not killed (adult at least).

As for pigs eating pork... It happens. I'm sure there are plenty of pigs that have eaten hotdogs. (Maybe cows too.) Wouldn't be surprised if it's on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Although there are exceptions, Spiders eat each other, snakes kill even their own siblings etc.
Sharks will eat their siblings while still in the womb. o.O

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-15-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #153
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Pigs will eat just about anything. To the point they have been used to cover up murders, if you know what I mean...
Old 09-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #154
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Old 09-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #155
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I know for a fact that cows will eat ground beef. My folks have tossed out old hamburgers(for the raccoons) and their cows do occasionally eat them. Not supposed to due to the chance of anthrax or other dieases but the cows don't care. Pigs are much less picky about their food. After all, in the wild they are both foragers and scavengers. Cats being pure predators will eat almost any kind of meat. So will dogs. Not because they are "stupid" but to them food is food no matter where it comes from. A hungry cat or dog will eat meat of any kind regardless of its type or origin. And some cats(and rats even more so) will cannibalize their own young on occasion if there is something wrong with them.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well animals are lower forms of life, what do you expect from wild beasts who roam the lands?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #157
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Koko the gorilla would like to sign a few words to you..... Seriously animals are not as much "lower life forms" as you might think. Ravens and crows can use tools and plan strategies to get what they want. (Remember the Aesop's fable about the crow and the water jug? It is true- they actually do that.) Dogs can understand and identify 700 items by name, whales have a complex language of their own that includes signature "name calls", and a cat has over 900 vocalizations with different meanings. And of course apes can learn to comnunicate through sign language as well as any human. They also use tools and engage in tribal warfare (among chimps mostly). Parrots can speak and understand a great many words, while both blue jays and squirrels have excellent memories, being able to remember where they have hidden nuts even months later. They also can learn to prevent theft through the use of ruses and "acting" to deceive rivals.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:21 PM   #158
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well animals are lower forms of life, what do you expect from wild beasts who roam the lands?
I bet if you were at a fancy restaurant and they served you your favorite dish they could slip you some human meat without you knowing
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #159
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I bet if you were at a fancy restaurant and they served you your favorite dish they could slip you some human meat without you knowing
Well, first of all, how would he even know if there's human meat in there? Unless CyberCubed is a cannibal, how could he know what human meat tastes like?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #160
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Humans- the OTHER white meat LOL!!!