The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Ultimate Ninja

Hi Folks,

Just rewatching the 2K3 series and had an interesting thought.

In a Universal Match, the Ultimate Ninja challenged Leonardo.
I guess, typically in a title match, you would gain a title if you defeat them.

So in this case, this is a match for Ninja Supremacy and Leonardo won, would you consider Leonardo the Ultimate Ninja?

I would consider the Battle Nexus Championship to be a different title as that is a different scope (not being the best ninja).

What do you guys think?
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,933
I always assumed "Ultimate Ninja" was a self-proclaimed title. Dude was full of himself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,345
What always confused me about that episode is that he challenged Leonardo to a mortal dual. Yet the little annoying guy kept doing that "battle nexus rules clearly state". But they weren't battling according to battle nexus rules. The battle nexus ensures that no one is mortally injured.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,476
I don't like the idea of the turtles being the "most skilled warriors in the Universe, galaxy or even Earth. To me, they're just four underestimated fighters. But sure, they shall kick butt!

Same with the idea of turtles saving the Universe. Their ultimate mission should be to save Earth from extraterrestrials with rayguns. That's a great balance.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I always assumed "Ultimate Ninja" was a self-proclaimed title. Dude was full of himself.
Yeah thats very true. Very full of himself. And you know I also forgot, there was also the ninja tribunal (all ninja masters). I don't think he could've defeated any of them, unless they are counted as Gods and no longer mortals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
What always confused me about that episode is that he challenged Leonardo to a mortal dual. Yet the little annoying guy kept doing that "battle nexus rules clearly state". But they weren't battling according to battle nexus rules. The battle nexus ensures that no one is mortally injured.
I didn't realize that, but good point. I think that was the keeping it PG. But makes sense. If you kill everyone that you defeat, being alive must mean you're best right? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I don't like the idea of the turtles being the "most skilled warriors in the Universe, galaxy or even Earth. To me, they're just four underestimated fighters. But sure, they shall kick butt!

Same with the idea of turtles saving the Universe. Their ultimate mission should be to save Earth from extraterrestrials with rayguns. That's a great balance.
I see your point, I guess that is why the turtles typically don't have any titles - other than Mikey being the Battle Nexus Champion, Splinter, and Hamato Yoshi sharing this title.

I do like the fact that they still remain relative unknowns.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
I see your point, I guess that is why the turtles typically don't have any titles - other than Mikey being the Battle Nexus Champion, Splinter, and Hamato Yoshi sharing this title.

I do like the fact that they still remain relative unknowns.
Same with-Hamato Yoshi-Splinter. An underestimated old? man-rat (depends of version) who sure knows how to defend himself! Having him disappear from Earth just to stand well against the greatest warriors of all time and space doesn't match that. (I prefer Splinter being a globetrotter like the MWS series and Archie comics instead of full with mysticism but I know it's hard writing him that way if he isn't Hamato Yoshi)

Similair should apply to all the friends and enemies of the turtles.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #7
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Same with-Hamato Yoshi-Splinter. An underestimated old? man-rat (depends of version) who sure knows how to defend himself! Having him disappear from Earth just to stand well against the greatest warriors of all time and space doesn't match that. (I prefer Splinter being a globetrotter like the MWS series and Archie comics instead of full with mysticism but I know it's hard writing him that way if he isn't Hamato Yoshi)

Similair should apply to all the friends and enemies of the turtles.
Yeah, actually I prefer that too. Splinter being a world warrior makes a lot more sense. Also a Rat beating a Dragon is kind of... far fetched?

I think at best, Splinter should have a rank among Ninjas. Kind of like Grand Master or something. Since the 2003 turtles graduate to Chunin in FF.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,941
I always had a problem with that Universal Challenge baloney that any warrior could show up in any reality and challenge an unwilling participant to a death match, with the defendant's refusal resulting in the immediate death of said defendant's innocent friends (Splinter, April, Casey, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo). I mean... really?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
So in this case, this is a match for Ninja Supremacy and Leonardo won, would you consider Leonardo the Ultimate Ninja?
Not really, since Leo wasn't out to prove anything himself and just got pulled into it because the guy was mad at him for killing Shredder, his actual intended opponent. (Though I've always wondered how he came about wanting to battle Shredder in the first place.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #10
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,698
They somehow knew Leo killed Shredder but they didn't know Shredder was an Utrom?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:48 AM   #11
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
Yeah, actually I prefer that too. Splinter being a world warrior makes a lot more sense. Also a Rat beating a Dragon is kind of... far fetched?

I think at best, Splinter should have a rank among Ninjas. Kind of like Grand Master or something. Since the 2003 turtles graduate to Chunin in FF.
As I said, I prefer Splinter or Hamato Yoshi a world-traveller, and underestimated but and skilled fighter, not a world warrior. Not the greatest ninja on Earth.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #12
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 564
As a proud leonardo fanboy I'm 100% on board with him being crowned ultimate ninja of the multiverse. But I'm pretty sure the ultimate ninjas title was probably self given so beating him doesn't really mean anything officially
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:19 AM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,476
So if Daimyo is said to have introduced ninjutsu to Earth, ninjutsu is of extraterrestrial origin. I prefer it to be of Earth origin.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-15-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #14
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
As a proud leonardo fanboy I'm 100% on board with him being crowned ultimate ninja of the multiverse. But I'm pretty sure the ultimate ninjas title was probably self given so beating him doesn't really mean anything officially
Yeah man, I am a big fan of Leo, and that would've been really cool. But not official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
So if Daimyo is said to have introduced ninjutsu to Earth, ninjutsu is of extraterrestrial origin.I prefer it to be of Earth origin.
I guess ancient aliens..LOL. I guess they tried to tie in with the tengu legends. I imagine the real origins of ninjutsu are man-made. Just like most martial arts. Being an assassin makes much more sense as some one inventing it for a certain "need".
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:00 PM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
As a proud leonardo fanboy I'm 100% on board with him being crowned ultimate ninja of the multiverse. But I'm pretty sure the ultimate ninjas title was probably self given so beating him doesn't really mean anything officially
As a Donatello-fan, I wouldn't accept him the most skilled scientists even on Earth, less the Milky Way or entire Universe.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 02-20-2018 at 06:06 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #16
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
yeah.. unfortunately, the best I think Donnie could do would be:

1) get a degree (LOL)

2) invent something nobel prize worthy

3) be your friendly neighborhood mad scientist (he could do it).

I think titles are well beyond what Donatello would want anyhow. I think his goal is to create and develop new breakthroughs, rather than be recognized in that kind of manner.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:51 AM   #17
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
yeah.. unfortunately, the best I think Donnie could do would be:

1) get a degree (LOL)

2) invent something nobel prize worthy

3) be your friendly neighborhood mad scientist (he could do it).

I think titles are well beyond what Donatello would want anyhow. I think his goal is to create and develop new breakthroughs, rather than be recognized in that kind of manner.
On the other hand, in future timelines where the turtles enter society, I could see him participating with humans in international research groups of scientists and inventors.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #18
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
On the other hand, in future timelines where the turtles enter society, I could see him participating with humans in international research groups of scientists and inventors.
Agreed. definitely a very prominent member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not really, since Leo wasn't out to prove anything himself and just got pulled into it because the guy was mad at him for killing Shredder, his actual intended opponent. (Though I've always wondered how he came about wanting to battle Shredder in the first place.)
Thats the weird thing too, wasn't the shredder trapped on Earth? He was just as stuck as the utroms..... Then again, his name was known across the Galaxy sort of (Duke Acureds etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They somehow knew Leo killed Shredder but they didn't know Shredder was an Utrom?
Isn't that convenient. Especially since Oroku Saki at best would be... Earth based. Now, maybe they consider Earth History and Ninja History to be the thing that is well known. But the battle nexus seems to be not only multi-dimensional but also across major planets (i.e. triceratons also know and have access to it).
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonside View Post
Agreed. definitely a very prominent member.
I liked when Donatello worked with Manx (a cat mutant, but still) in the Archie future.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.