The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-30-2019, 11:38 PM   #201
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh my gosh this is awesome. I never got the original release and I know the Xbox 360 version was considered the best one but it’s always been like $100 on Amazon for a new copy.

They’re probably doing it because of the new movie next year.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #202
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Thank you for reviving this thread. There's gold in these posts.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:42 AM   #203
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Remastered version for new systems confirmed:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/remaster...ame-confirmed/

Reveal video:

damn.. I was kind of hoping they'd update the graphics a bit

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:45 AM   #204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Thank you for reviving this thread. There's gold in these posts.
Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Oh my gosh this is awesome. I never got the original release and I know the Xbox 360 version was considered the best one but it’s always been like $100 on Amazon for a new copy.
That's the one I used to own. And the sole reason I ever owned an X-Box 360.

Quote:
They’re probably doing it because of the new movie next year.
It's as good of a reason as any. It's as close to a real "Ghostbusters 3" as we can ever get now... with Ramis and everybody aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
damn.. I was kind of hoping they'd update the graphics a bit
Yeah, me too... it all looks a lot sharper but they all look pretty shiny. Could they not have slapped the models with better textures?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #205
sdp
-

Too bad, I like the cartoony style of the Wii version more than the 2008 era "realistic' graphics where everything is so lifeless and brown/dark. The wiimote was fun to use, It could've looked better with an HD update than the HD one. Wii version had more cutscenes so the story flowed a bit better and designs were cooler in the animated style.

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #206
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Too bad, I like the cartoony style of the Wii version more than the 2008 era "realistic' graphics where everything is so lifeless and brown/dark. The wiimote was fun to use, It could've looked better with an HD update than the HD one. Wii version had more cutscenes so the story flowed a bit better and designs were cooler in the animated style.
Too bad they couldn't have made both graphic styles available as options for the HD "remaster." I only played the Wii version so I don't know how different the gameplay styles were. If I recall, Dan Aykroyd preferred the cartoony look of the Wii version.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #207
pferreira
Foot Elite

Epic Store! Aaaaaaaaaand I'm out!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:53 PM   #208
Maelxich
Thug

If they added Rick Moranis just as a quick cameo and updated the movie dels to not look like they came straight out of 2008 I would be so much happier as it stands it’s just a decent looking, hopefully not buggy port
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:49 PM   #209
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Got it. Yeah, they just boosted the resolution and nothing else. The FMV still looks the same as before. Happy to have it, though, as I've been keen to replay it for years and this is as good of an excuse as any.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #210
Leo656
The Franchise

I even had a blast with the Wii version. If a person can get past the cartoon graphics, it's a great game.

Last time I played this about two years ago, I played them both back-to-back and had a lot of fun with both of them. They're *mostly* the same but there's some key differences as well, enough to make both of them worth the time.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #211
IMJ
Emperor

I loved this game when it was new. The continuity - like a third movie and also like a true sequel to the first flick, the gameplay knocked it out of the park, and of course the actual actors. I used to be quite the trophy whore, but somehow the water fountain trophy never popped for me and it kept me from the platinum.

I'm with Andrew here - even if it's just a resolution boost, it's a great excuse to play the game again. Now can you imagine if they made this game, voice acting and art direction and all, as a Real Ghostbusters game? That would be amazing....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:59 PM   #212
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I will say, though... when I first played this game, I never imagined it would ever feel like "an old game." It feels like an old game now.

But again, don't mind. Very glad there is an even better version of it out there, no matter how small the meter was moved. I hope they give "Scarface: The World is Yours" the same or better treatment... I feel similarly towards that game that I want to play it again but not on a PS2 level.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #213
sdp
-

I remember the godfather game being pretty good, that'd be a good remaster to have.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:20 AM   #214
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I finally played this (on normal difficulty as I do with all my games) and I have to be honest I’m disappointed by it. I’ve waited years to play it and I thought I’d love it. I know I must be in a huge minority but hear me out if you want.

My biggest issue is it’s just way too overbearing. Except for maybe the first level every ghost fight is just a constant barrage. There’s way too many enemies that you have to fight at one time that never let up.

You can’t enjoy the ghosts because they’re pouring down and moving around so fast and you have to keep moving or reviving teammates. The ghostbusting experience is overshadowed because there’s no flow.

That’s entire gameplay. Sure there’s weapon upgrades but it still comes down to blast away until you happen to make it. Which would be fine if it was not relentlessly raining down on you 99% of the time.

If they just toned it down even a bit it’d make a giant difference. Like remove a ghost or two, stop throwing multiples of other types during battles and make the computer controlled characters actually useful. Also add a car stage.

So there’s the angel cemetery gate that I see pretty much everyone agrees is the hardest/most unfair part in the game. It’s unbelievable that they clearly made this just to spam you away.

I looked it up for help and someone said if you stand in front it automatically opens. I thought it was a joke because nobody seemed to acknowledge it but I tried it for fun and it worked. It glitches and you can move on. It almost seems intentionally hidden because it borders on impossibility.

I’ll probably replay that specific part just to see how long it takes me. I never play easy-modes but I want to replay the whole thing on easy to see if it’s more even. What’s presented is awesome but how it plays is entirely separate.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #215
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I’ll probably replay that specific part just to see how long it takes me. I never play easy-modes but I want to replay the whole thing on easy to see if it’s more even. What’s presented is awesome but how it plays is entirely separate.
Yeah, I'm going to have to restart my game on Easy. Way too many ghosts and I'm getting massacred in the hallways of that hotel with those candelabra things over and over again.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #216
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to have to restart my game on Easy. Way too many ghosts and I'm getting massacred in the hallways of that hotel with those candelabra things over and over again.
I beat this game back in the day as part of my then-platinum-trophy-mania. The irony? Never got the platinum to pop because somehow I never could land the damn water fountain trophy. I think I dropped the multi player too soon too, but I recall that people were having problems with the "Payday" trophy as well....

I never thought this game was that hard. But I do remember hating the cemetery level, although I can't remember why.

Last edited by IMJ; 10-22-2019 at 10:26 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #217
Vegita-San
Emperor

yeah, the darn candle monsters where a pain.

But, I think I've gotten better at 3D games since 2009.

Stuff I remember being hard and annoying turned out less so now.

Azetlor was almost a BREEZE even on Normal setting, and he was the toughest boss in the game.

I remember hating the second hotel part the most. along with the 'psychic bathtub flood' of the slimer level. got rather confusing on which way to go in the dark.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:57 PM   #218
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ya I assume you mean the second wave. You can just run past them. That’s what I did. You should be able to make it to the room where you fight the boss. It’s more trouble to fight them.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #219
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Still love this game. Had to point out to my Son that they changed the Doritos trucks to crispy snacks. Lol.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:55 PM   #220
Wildcat
Foot Elite

It’s obviously based on Doritos.

It’s weird though, why would that need to change? How does product placement run out for a re-release? They don’t get replaced in DVDs and Blu Rays.

Tags
i ain't fraid of no sjw, who ya gonna cuck