The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you accepted the probability?
Yes 50 50.51%
No 30 30.30%
In the process of it 19 19.19%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #401
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

As long as toy sales are good, I don't see the show being canceled anytime soon.

The hiatuses do annoy me though.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #402
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Don't we get enough "grown up" stuff in the IDW comics? That series has had all sorts of intense sh*t happen that would never fly in a show for little kids! Everybody's got their preferences and some of us like things a tad bit more lighthearted than others.
Maybe they need to stop focusing on little kids for a change. It wouldn't be so bad about 'little kids not watching' if that wasn't ALL they were ever focused on.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #403
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
As long as toy sales are good, I don't see the show being canceled anytime soon.

The hiatuses do annoy me though.
Do the toys still sell as excepted? Would like to know.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-17-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #404
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Don't we get enough "grown up" stuff in the IDW comics?
If it was just the one (sometimes two) comic book series then I wouldn't say that's really enough but then I would question of IDW is really "grown up" stuff.

Quote:
That series has had all sorts of intense sh*t happen that would never fly in a show for little kids!
Not that much. The majority of the content of the books are heavily vetted by Nickelodeon with the odd bit of harder content every so often.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #405
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I wouldn't really call Mona Lisa an "interesting character", potential to be one maybe but seeing how they never went anywhere with her, all we're left with is a half-baked idea. The only reason she wasn't entirely a Proto-Venus, is that Peter Laird vetoed it.

I don't really mind what Nickelodeon did to either Mona or Hun, since both are reasonably close to the original concept. But with Hun there are at least some expectations of who he is, what did anyone honestly except from Mona Lisa that we didn't get? Hair? Some backstory involving pirates and nukes? There wasn't much to this character aside from flirting with Raph, and we got that.
2012 Mona-Lisa was an extraterrestrial, not Earthling, and that's much of a change.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #406
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
2012 Mona-Lisa was an extraterrestrial, not Earthling, and that's much of a change.
... I guess? But would really have prefered it if she had that same slapdash backstory with pirates and a nuclear reactor?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #407
Overlord

Quote:
... I guess? But would really have prefered it if she had that same slapdash backstory with pirates and a nuclear reactor?
I don't care much for 2012 Mona-Lisa at all.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #408
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
She could still start out as a human but doesn't necessarily have to have the exact same origin. You can give Mona Lisa just about any backstory there is to think of. I have a pretty simple idea for her in my little 2034 reboot project.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #409
ToTheNines
[sic]

What are you going to do when Viacom is airing the second season of their actual show in 2034?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #410
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
What are you going to do when Viacom is airing the second season of their actual show in 2034?
I can always do my idea as a comic book.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:30 AM   #411
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
What would that be? Like the fourth or fifth TMNT cartoon under Viacom?
Hahahaha!
Old 01-19-2017, 02:46 AM   #412
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
He said he needed at least 5 to really tell the story he wanted to tell. But he's always said it could go on for much longer.

I'm fine with it ending though. It's been a good run. Just hope it doesn't affect IDW... issue 100 is currently projected for like December 2019
At PowerCon 2013, he said he needed three seasons minimum to tell his story, but would really love to tell it through five seasons. Maybe he changed his mind over time?
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:52 AM   #413
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
He said he needed at least 5 to really tell the story he wanted to tell. But he's always said it could go on for much longer.
I kind of doubt the whole "I wanted five seasons from the start" thing is actually true, most cartoons don't really last much longer than two seasons, three is considered lucky. Considering how there are a lot of unecessary episodes that have nothing to do with the story or slows down the story, I suspect one of three possibilities:
  1. There was a plan but it was really only for two or three seasons, Nickelodeon just demanded more seasons that the plan was made for.
  2. There really was a desire for five seasons from the start, the plan was just more of a vague outline with few details.
  3. There was always a five season plan, it's just that interference from Nickelodeon and Playmates caused drastic changes.
Hahahaha!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:55 AM   #414
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
I kind of doubt the whole "I wanted five seasons from the start" thing is actually true, most cartoons don't really last much longer than two seasons, three is considered lucky. Considering how there are a lot of unecessary episodes that have nothing to do with the story or slows down the story, I suspect one of three possibilities:
  1. There was a plan but it was really only for two or three seasons, Nickelodeon just demanded more seasons that the plan was made for.
  2. There really was a desire for five seasons from the start, the plan was just more of a vague outline with few details.
  3. There was always a five season plan, it's just that interference from Nickelodeon and Playmates caused drastic changes.
They also could be holding any production news due to the medical treatment that Rob Paulsen was undergoing last year.

As a company Nick would want to be sure where things were with the actor before moving forward in the production of future seasons.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #415
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
They also could be holding any production news due to the medical treatment that Rob Paulsen was undergoing last year.

As a company Nick would want to be sure where things were with the actor before moving forward in the production of future seasons.
That doesn't really have anything do with me questioning wheter or not there was an actual plan for five seasons, but whatever.

As for what you are saying, I'm not so sure Nickelodeon considers Rob Paulsen that important for the show.
Hahahaha!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #416
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
That doesn't really have anything do with me questioning wheter or not there was an actual plan for five seasons, but whatever.

As for what you are saying, I'm not so sure Nickelodeon considers Rob Paulsen that important for the show.
but it's a safe bet they'd want to avoid any backlash like what happened when Jason Biggs "exited" the show.

i could be wrong, but it might be viewed as insensitive moving forward when one of their main stars was sick?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #417
Vicky82
Emperor

As I follow the cast on Twitter, Rob Paulson was still recording between Feb and July last year because I remember seeing his tweets but I don't think he was recording every week though. They only record TMNT on Mondays, sometimes Tuesdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
but it's a safe bet they'd want to avoid any backlash like what happened when Jason Biggs "exited" the show.

i could be wrong, but it might be viewed as insensitive moving forward when one of their main stars was sick?
Sean Astin was off between March and July last year due to his Mother passing away so I expect that and Rob cutting down on voice recordings due to battling cancer, did slow recordings.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #418
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Nick has said nothing official about season five being the last season. Season five is in the can, but it is likely recordings were slowed down do to Aston needing time off because of his mothers passing and Rob's treatment. Season six if there is one and any announcements of it would be on hold so they can confer with Rob if he is well enough to do another season or if he feels he should retire as the voice of Donatello.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #419
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Nick has said nothing official about season five being the last season. Season five is in the can, but it is likely recordings were slowed down do to Aston needing time off because of his mothers passing and Rob's treatment. Season six if there is one and any announcements of it would be on hold so they can confer with Rob if he is well enough to do another season or if he feels he should retire as the voice of Donatello.
Nick isn't really known to personally announce whether or not their shows are going to end, hell the creator of Harvey Beaks announced the cancellation of his show on the "Pan Pizza Podcast"
Old 01-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #420
Overlord

Quote:
I guess Nickeloedeon wanted it to run long enough to accompany the 2014 and 2016 films at least.

Tags
cybercucked, you're all to blame!