The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 04:10 PM   #221
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Well, we spent last night watching the first 2 TMNT movies from the 90's. Hard for me to watch those without a few pies on hand!
Hhmmm, I don't think I've ever watched those movies with tmnt fans. I bet it's spectacular, next time I'll bring the white pies.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #222
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
Hhmmm, I don't think I've ever watched those movies with tmnt fans. I bet it's spectacular, next time I'll bring the white pies.
It's a date!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #223
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's not even pizza, that's a trap. I'd starve at a party like that. lol

As for today... put in several hours of work then came home hungry and overdid it a bit on the leftovers when I got home.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #224
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

^^^^^^ leftover pizza for lunch today.

tonight.... Pasta Roma!
Old 11-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #225
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

I think you've had enough buddy, time to call it.
Go home you're pizza drunk.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:18 AM   #226
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

^^^^ Yeah. That's what happens when 4 people attempt to eat 4 19" pizzas... Leftovers! And I am home. But, yeah... Mikey would be jealous!
Old 11-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #227
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Rice and beans!
Old 11-29-2020, 05:15 PM   #228
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Making this tomorrow for dinner... but it's a new recipe and I'm excited so SHARING THIS.

1 can tomato sauce (chunky)
6 ounces red beans
6 ounces black beans
½ large onion diced
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon vinegar
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pinch salt
1 pinch sugar
1 cup vegetable broth (bean broth)
1 tablespoon margarine or oil
¾ cup flour
16 ounces penne noodles

1. In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil/margarine over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add diced onion and minced garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent.
2. Whisk in flour and coat the onions/garlic until breaded. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add vinegar, ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, salt, sugar, tomato sauce. Cook for 1 minute until the mixture is fragrant and thickens.
4. Add the red beans, black beans and bean broth and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced and thick. Toss with pasta. Garnish with basil or parsley. Serve. Top with cheese (optional)
Old 11-30-2020, 07:24 AM   #229
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Hubby made me an early birthday dinner Saturday night, with glazed ham and scalloped potatoes, and a second batch of the mac n cheese casserole from Thanksgiving. The casserole actually turned out better this time, a bit cheesier and not as dry. So good, and plenty of leftovers for yesterday and today, plus ham for sammiches!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #230
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Tonight I made a Ribolita. It's an ancient peasant food from Tuscany better known as BREAD STEW.

It started with a soup stalk made of 1 cup vegetable broth and I threw in 2 cheese slices , garlic, onions and just let it melt down. Then I added Spinach leaves and salt and pepper. Then I crumbled up a small loaf of bread into bits and tossed it in. Simmered for about 15 minutes. The result was a gravy-like stew with bread chunks. Very flavorful. Cheesy. Delicious! CREAMY!
Old 12-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #231
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

I haven't eaten anything today...

At work sooooo F my life.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:04 PM   #232
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I haven't eaten anything today...

At work sooooo F my life.
Tough break. Being in spots where the workday doesn't allow you to eat can be pure hell. It has turned me at times into a monster crazier than Bronze-age Bruce Banner (that's a Hulk reference for the uninitiated).
Old 12-01-2020, 06:32 PM   #233
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Cup Noodles Stir Fry (I'm excited that the Teriyaki Beef is the same flavor of my much missed Chow Mein of the same brand) and the last slice of leftover pumpkin pie.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:53 PM   #234
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Tough break. Being in spots where the workday doesn't allow you to eat can be pure hell. It has turned me at times into a monster crazier than Bronze-age Bruce Banner (that's a Hulk reference for the uninitiated).
Tell me about it bro. Seriously tell me all about it *puts on glasses and takes out an old fashion smoke pipe and couch*

How did it feel not to eat...?

I'll go first. It F***ing sucks sweaty monkey balls especially smelling some good food from somewhere.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:56 PM   #235
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I've been watching online lately... someone from my childhood called The Frugal Gourmet aka Jeff Smith... Remember him? My wife tells me to not give him any mind because he supposedly touched some teenage boys who worked for him a decade before i was born. Whatever! I like his cooking show. He's supposed to be a man of god anyway... But yeah, i'm entertained! If anyone here can tell me why I shouldnt watch him, please do.

Old 12-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #236
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I've been watching online lately... someone from my childhood called The Frugal Gourmet aka Jeff Smith... Remember him? My wife tells me to not give him any mind because he supposedly touched some teenage boys who worked for him a decade before i was born. Whatever! I like his cooking show. He's supposed to be a man of god anyway... But yeah, i'm entertained! If anyone here can tell me why I shouldnt watch him, please do.

https://alchetron.com/cdn/jeff-smith...esize-750.jpeg
*puts away glasses and smoke pipe*

Well nothing to see here.

Holy crap, I've never seen that show and yeeeah, I wouldn't feel comfortable watching a show where it could be a pedo if the allegations are true, if yes then F that.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:18 PM   #237
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
*puts away glasses and smoke pipe*

Well nothing to see here.

Holy crap, I've never seen that show and yeeeah, I wouldn't feel comfortable watching a show where it could be a pedo if the allegations are true, if yes then F that.
yeah... he was essentially the first ever celebrity chef ever in the U.S. and was popular in the 80's and 90's. nothing was ever proven... anyway, yeah, if it's problematic, i wouldnt like it, but otherwise, very entertaining.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #238
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ah! I remember him! Never heard anything about the pedo bit, but I used to LOVE the show. Always entertaining, and although he DID have a couple of kids on a few times, iirc, they were his own. I do seem to remember his son being on there a few times, at least. So not sure what the accusations are about.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #239
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Ah! I remember him! Never heard anything about the pedo bit, but I used to LOVE the show. Always entertaining, and although he DID have a couple of kids on a few times, iirc, they were his own. I do seem to remember his son being on there a few times, at least. So not sure what the accusations are about.
There are several conflicting stories about what actually happened. After reading an article I uncovered that, when he owned a restaurant in the 70's was supposedly when the main single event happened. He lured 2 men, 17 and 18 years old, who worked for him with alcohol and was very grabby. In 1997 like one man brought a suit against him and then 19 others came forward. Kind of a Bill Cosby-type situation. The problem I have with it is the bandwagon situation. A week before a trial, he paid off several plaintiffs because, in these kinds of cases, an accusation is enough to mean prison. His career was destroyed. He maintained innocence of course and his lawyer said it was all a frame-up for extortion. I find it curious that these young men did not run to the police but ran to lawyers in search of compensation, not criminal justice.

He died in 2004 at 65 years old of heart disease. was confined to a wheelchair after debilitating heart issues. Anyway, genial and pretty sweet guy on the surface. His show entertains me. Several people seem to think he had a darker side and was maybe racist, anti-Semitic and greedy. Who knows? I hate how in the US without proof, the court of public opinion always hangs people like this.

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 12-02-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:07 PM   #240
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

The truth comes out... Jeff Smith was framed. The man who started the chain reaction of sex allegations was his former employee and Smith sent him to prison for 2 years for embezzling money and forging checks on the company account. 16 of the 19 other allegations were made up and the other 3 were "friends" of the original accuser. This dumbass just wanted revenge.

I dont know why when I find out things like this I get so obsessive. I just have to know, I guess. I hate to see otherwise respectable people get ruined like this. So yeah... not pedo... not a Bill Cosby situation. He died rich but in poor health and his legacy is tarnished by lies! F*CK PEOPLE!