The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you know anyone transgender in real life outside the internet?
Yes 9 36.00%
No 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Dude this guy I'm talking about legit looks like he eats entire moose for sustenance. He claims to be vegan but I never seen anybody that swoll off'a strawberries. My wife was absolutely devastated when she found out he was gay because it ruined all her fantasies about him. That was pretty funny. Then she started ranting about how all she needed was one night and she'd "fix" him. She's rather hilarious sometimes.

She however insists I'm gay because I own Madonna's "The Immaculate Collection" on CD, primarily for the 80s stuff. That's a little less hilarious.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 09-28-2020, 08:05 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean these days you can never be too sure if someone is male or female anymore. That's why now I'm hesitant to use he/him or she/her, you don't want to offend someone and address them by the wrong gender pronouns! And maybe they want to be called cis male or zim or zer or whatever it is.

God why can't it be 1992 again. Things were so much simpler back then. A man was a man, and a woman was a woman. There wasn't more than 2 genders, although you could still have men who looked feminine or women who were "butch" but of course that's not the same thing as it is these days.

As I've said before, times have changed. We're living in "the new age." All the old rules from the playbook are now out the window. It's free range mode now and open free-for-all.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And maybe they want to be called cis male or zim or zer or whatever it is.
Yeah, I'm not gonna be doing that.

People can be mad if they wanna. I'm not gonna be doing that.

Old 09-28-2020, 08:34 PM   #44
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I just don't even go there if I'm not sure. Most people are obvious though what they are or what they identify as. If someone, esp some young people and some seniors, are too androgynous to tell, then I'm not even gonna touch that or make assumptions.

Had one senior some weeks ago pick out one of the cards while I was working and it fell out of their cart unnoticed. Had NO idea this was a man or woman... I was going to say ma'am, but it very well might have been a guy, so... I just caught up and went with "Excuse me, you dropped this."
Old 09-28-2020, 09:06 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh, you can tell. 90% of the time or more, like if you hear them speak and get a good look. Conversely, there are butch women I look at and wonder, "could that be a man-to-woman?" which may distort the data a little.

Less easier to spot are the ones from places like Thailand and the Filipines. Like, they can just grow their hair out and put on some makeup and you'll never know.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:37 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, in my extremely limited experience with those two people at the gym, y e e a a h you could absolutely tell. I'm not being mean, I'm just saying, it was immediately obvious.

Both presented as female. The one who did the Free Week was young, 20-something, about six feet tall, soft features. Voice warbled a lot, like they were getting used to speaking in a higher register, or they were new to taking hormones or whatever. Slender, but big hands. They'd very obviously had recent breast implant surgery, and made a big show of massaging their sore chest area all the time. Nobody ever said anything to me or the boss as far as I'm aware, but most people pretty much either left or herded to the other side of the gym every time they did that. So I can imagine they weren't entirely comfortable with the situation even if they weren't making it vocal.

The other one was late-50s or early/mid-60s. Came in for a Tour in a long black dress. Just recently started to grow their hair out, by the looks of it. About 6'3, HUGE hands and a prominent Adam's apple. Several really long silver chin-whiskers, too, which made it really difficult for me to maintain eye contact because holy sh*t, that's distracting on anyone in a dress no matter what their situation. But the biggest give-away was the fact that when they spoke they sounded exactly like Chyna or Nicole Bass. That, and the fact that they asked almost zero questions about the operations of the gym and lots and lots of questions about our bathroom situation. But again, yeah, you could 100% tell their deal before they ever spoke a word.

For me, it's like, kinda the same as people saying "You can't tell if someone's gay." USUALLY you very much can, even if that's not polite to say out loud. Not 100% of the time, no. But to say that "You can't tell" is false. You can't ALWAYS tell, that's true. But sometimes, yeah, you really can. Most of the time? I'unno, I haven't met that many.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's been scientifically proven by the University of Essex that most women are bisexual (like around 90%):

Quote:
Women are either bisexual or gay—but not straight—when it comes to what turns them on, according to new research from the University of Essex.
https://www.mensjournal.com/health-f...sexual-or-gay/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...tally-straight

What a time to be alive.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

It's also been "scientifically proven" by anyone who's ever been at the bar after 11pm and seen what happens when a hen gets two shots of Jaeger in her.

Old 09-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #49
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh, fun, that same old insulting bulls***. I hate you both.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:55 PM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Okay, in your case maybe THREE shots of Jaeger.

You can't argue with science!

Also, I'm everybody's favorite. C'mon.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #51
Shinigami
Thug

Quote:
I mean these days you can never be too sure if someone is male or female anymore. That's why now I'm hesitant to use he/him or she/her, you don't want to offend someone and address them by the wrong gender pronouns! And maybe they want to be called cis male or zim or zer or whatever it is.

God why can't it be 1992 again. Things were so much simpler back then. A man was a man, and a woman was a woman. There wasn't more than 2 genders, although you could still have men who looked feminine or women who were "butch" but of course that's not the same thing as it is these days.

As I've said before, times have changed. We're living in "the new age." All the old rules from the playbook are now out the window. It's free range mode now and open free-for-all.
This is not true. People have been transgender since people existed. They lived in secrecy and privacy in this country. It was very sad and a lot of people took their own lives or lived in pain until they died. You are just reacting to the outing of this in our country. I understand how it may feel difficult and a bit frustrating and I have a small amount of empathy for you and people like you, but it is important that the transgender community has a voice and your support and acceptance is appreciated even as a contributor on a tmnt forum.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:21 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

I have no problem with LGBT crowd, I am a proud supporter of them. I just never really see much of it in my day to day life. Everyone should be free to live their lives as they see fit after all, nobody should judge anyone for that.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:47 PM   #53
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I have met a lot of people in my life, but never have I *ever* met someone who insisted on different pronouns. Even the militant trans girl was just "she" from then on.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:48 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Many things existed from the beginning of humanity.
Doesn't mean that we should support them now.
I'm more than OK supporting them. Just not when they try to supplant the basic realities on the books and maybe in the classroom.

Do whatever you want to do as long as you're not harming others or trying to forcibly bend others to your will. Protections, like in the workplace? More than OK with. "Gender study" in new curriculum in schools, and break apart "identity" on a basic level, nationally? Not so OK with.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:55 PM   #55
Shinigami
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Many things existed from the beginning of humanity.
Doesn't mean that we should support them now.
Wow good to know where you stand and steer clear.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:16 AM   #56
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Michael Cimino , gay or cross dresser ?

....or maybe he was both
Old 10-04-2020, 04:49 AM   #57
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

This thread has, for the most part, remained civil and respectful of the actual human beings that are actively leading this lifestyle. For that reason, I have left it open.

If you see people openly disparaging an entire group of people, please don't engage. I'll delete the posts when they crop up. I'm sorry for the delay in action.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #58
Shinigami
Thug

Thanks for leaving it open. I am glad to see this dialogue on this forum just sad that folks are legit against trans people. I wish more groups had conversations like this and I hope more trans people on here are comfortable speaking up.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:17 PM   #59
Shinigami
Thug

Quote:
I have no problem with LGBT crowd, I am a proud supporter of them. I just never really see much of it in my day to day life. Everyone should be free to live their lives as they see fit after all, nobody should judge anyone for that.
I guess I should reply to this. I also want to say that I understand your previous point as well in wishing for "a simpler time" so to speak, but I want to elaborate that this is mostly a myth and also sort of the rose colored lens of nostalgia if you see what I'm saying. And I think I'm in a bubble surround by a large amount of queer and trans people so I forget that some people don't know (or don't realize they know) and trans people or at least ones that aren't closeted.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:45 PM   #60
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

A lot of the LGBT+ community that I know weren't always so comfortable with themselves.

A couple friends of mine didn't "realize" they were gay for a long time. At first, they thought there was just something wrong with them, and they tried to rationalize it as some quirk or urge that needed to be fought. As time went on, they decided they were bisexual. This was largely a compromise for their own emotional well-being.

It took some time, but before long they just ended up accepting that they were attracted to men. When that happened, and they felt accepted by the world around them, they openly accepted it and lived much more comfortably with themselves.

That seems to be a common issue in the community. There's this internal shock when they feel an attraction to the same sex. People feel they're abnormal and fear what may happen if people ever find out.

I remember about a decade ago there was some report on about Jim Parsons being gay. My father remarked something similar Cybercubed: that there's all these gay guys around now.

It's not some sudden change. They were always there. It's just now they won't get shipped away to some electroshock therapy camp or bullied into suicide. (Also, there's a bit of a rumor that gay guys like theater, and that maybe a lot of stage and screen actors *could* be gay.)

Regardless, it's important to remember that these are human beings. They deserve a shot at peace and happiness just like everyone else.