The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2024, 12:11 AM   #101
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
You mean a group of people, rather than doing what's best for the child and allowing them to live a normal life, instead choose to have them live as a freak with genetic/medical issues that will carry with them for the rest of their lives? And they're doing it not for the child's sake, but to justify their own existence?
The fun part is the most fierce debates you'll ever get into about this issue are with people who either don't have kids/don't want kids/will never have kids/can't have kids. Though there is at least among the white celebrity or upper middle leftist class a growing number of parents who push/immediately push and encourage transition as a sort of sacrifice to "the movement" as if to say, "I'm sorry I'm white, but at least I have a trans kid! So I'm part of you guys, in a roundabout way!" Scum of the highest order.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-18-2024 at 12:17 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:14 AM   #102
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

April says "we'll fix"it", feel like a villain would say. But this comic make the main characters act hypocritical or OOC many times so I wouldn't be surprised.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:17 AM   #103
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

I think it’s weird that Campbell never really showed Lita’s reaction to it. After she gets turned into a human there’s only two panels where you see her. One where she says “what happened to me?” And another where you only see the side of her head and art makes her look like she has a major underbite. I think a better writer would show her deal with the fact that she isn’t a turtle anymore. Maybe cry or show any kind of emotion. Spend some panels actually conveying what it meant to her instead of pages of everyone else’s reactions.
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:15 AM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lita, the weasels, Sheena, etc. are all essentially Sophie's OC's, deviantart characters made canon. None are interesting.

Thankfully we only have 1 more issue to endure of this and then it's all finally over. I'm glad IDW as a whole is not ending because if the series ended with this it would be remembered as a let down for decades to come.

At least the series now has a chance to bounce back or get even better than Waltz run depending on how the writing goes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 01:45 PM   #105
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by staypuftweepel View Post
I think it’s weird that Campbell never really showed Lita’s reaction to it. After she gets turned into a human there’s only two panels where you see her. One where she says “what happened to me?” And another where you only see the side of her head and art makes her look like she has a major underbite. I think a better writer would show her deal with the fact that she isn’t a turtle anymore. Maybe cry or show any kind of emotion. Spend some panels actually conveying what it meant to her instead of pages of everyone else’s reactions.
OR, depending how long she was human pre-mutation, make her actually smile and be happy she's human again.

What they should be doing is making Lita have some sort of internal conflict with being happy she is human again while being worried she'll no longer fit in with the rest of misfit toys and be voted off the island.

Trying to turn Lita into some sort of trans allegory just doesn't work because it's just something that can't be compared to mutations in this series. Especially since Mutant Town is full of people that were mutated against their will. None of them chose to 'transition' into muntant animals.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 03-18-2024 at 01:50 PM.
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 02:17 PM   #106
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
None of them chose to 'transition' into muntant animals.
The idea is probably that deep down, they were always that way, the mutagen only validated their "true self." But mostly in reality it is, "I really, really want to make a strong trans allegory and I want it NOW, and I don't care if it doesn't make sense!"

Wasn't it Out of the Shadows that made it so every human being had some latent animal DNA in them for no reason at all? I don't know if that's much worse than this, really.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:30 PM   #107
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wasn't it Out of the Shadows that made it so every human being had some latent animal DNA in them for no reason at all? I don't know if that's much worse than this, really.
I will never get over how stupid the OotS explanation was, the fact someone out there thought (or at least didn't think anyone would scrutinise the concept) that humans evolved from pigs and rhinos, or that turtles seemingly evolved from humans.

I honestly don't get why they didn't put animal DNA into the syringes or had them mutate from regular animals... I mean... Bebop and Rocksteady should be ignored in the first place, but if you have to use them, why give them such a stupid origin?

As for the explanation for why anyone turned into what they did when hit by Hob's bomb, I'm pretty sure Bobby Curnow stated that this was because the stolen mutagen came with data for mutation formulas, but I can't recall that being explicitly stated in the comic itself or if Campbell stuck to that idea. Not entirely sure what to make of the Venus thing though, if she genuinely turned into a turtle or smoothed out the surgery scars is somewhat unclear.

Speaking of Venus, how about that part where she forced Barlow to turn even more ratlike just out of petty revenge and he literally states that he would have preferred to just have been killed, was that a "violation" too? I guess we are just meant think that what Bob did was "wrong" because he's the "bad guy" and what Venus did was "good" or at least "permissible" because she is the "good guy" and Barlow was also the "bad guy". (And I'm pretty sure that if Venus had done the reverse, just turned Barlow human again, he would have just fucked off and never bothered anyone ever again rather than be a potential problem in the future. Not sure she could have done that instead but then just killing him might just have been preferable in just about every way imaginable.)
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:11 PM   #108
GameCobra
Random Punk

I honestly hope the twist here is that Rita realizes that this actually works better for her. Bob actually made her life better and it's the turtles and the foot clan that are being weird about it.

The way they drew the panel with her face looking over her shoulder doesn't look like a kid that's freaking out what happened, just has alot of questions about what's happening to her. The twist being that she actually likes it.
GameCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:25 PM   #109
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameCobra View Post
I honestly hope the twist here is that Rita realizes that this actually works better for her. Bob actually made her life better and it's the turtles and the foot clan that are being weird about it.

The way they drew the panel with her face looking over her shoulder doesn't look like a kid that's freaking out what happened, just has alot of questions about what's happening to her. The twist being that she actually likes it.
Probably not. Fantasy is dead nowadays, everything has to be some sort of allegory for something. I'm surprised whoever the current villain isn't some allegory to Trump, regardless of how little sense it would make.

It's like Mutant Mayhem with the Turtles wanting to be like human teenagers and go to school and crap when mutant reptiles that were raised in the sewers and trained in the art of ninjitsu since birth should not have the same wants and desires as a typical human teenager.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 03:19 PM   #110
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also why does Sophie keep making all these alternate future timelines as well? In this one Jennika is a half cyborg in mutant town, and Michelangelo is famous (?), I'm surprised they didn't have him dating Regenta or something. Like what is the purpose of all these future timelines especially since most of them contradict each other? At least none will be canon so it's a relief.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote