The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-24-2019, 01:45 AM   #841
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I don't think 1990 was "the" year for the craze outside of the movie bumping it up. That's what I was trying to figure out why you kept saying "Turtlemania '90" like it was a "thing".
1990 was, in fact, the year of the craze. The movie propelled the franchise into the mainstream. People lazily choose to make it a “1989 to 1991 phenomenon”, but Turtlemania was a 1990 phenomenon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEENAGE-M...-/232188072321

https://i0.wp.com/tmnt-ninjaturtles....e_08.jpg?ssl=1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Cs0rPk2aE

The 1987 mini-series and 1988 syndicated series were both popular in 1989, but the 1988 Playmates action figures were a few spots below the Nintendo Entertainment System (the year of Super Mario Brothers 2 and Zelda 2) and Barbie (30th Anniversary in 1989) in 1989.

TMNT 2 The Secret of the Ooze was not at the box office for as long as the 1990 movie was and Super Nintendo took top spot on the lists of many children in 1991.

1990 was the year of the teenage mutated turtles that were ninjas. The cartoon had more viewers of all ages, the movie was super important to children, fast food toys were at Burger King, the Coming Out of Shell Tour began later that year, and the action figures were sold out at most stores from April to December of 1990.

Last edited by mikey0; 12-04-2019 at 07:33 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #842
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So I noticed quite a few of the basics at my Walmart are gone, I assume for Christmas as this isn't typical... Granted it's maybe eight hooks, give or take, and always has been since the 'Rise' series toys first hit stores. But until now they'd been full for quite a while and not moving.

Sooo... my main point though is... even with the attitude change in 'Rise,' making Donnie a witty, cocky smartass, is he still in last place in terms of popularity with kids? Because weirdly enough, every single figure that remains spread out on the hooks (prob around 10 or 12 of them?) are all Donnie. No one else.

Plus two of the larger boxed sets of him beneath the shelf. Only thing there that isn't Donnie is just one of the larger box set Mikey with the weirdly oversized skateboard.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #843
TMNTFanatic4Life
Foot Soldier

When I was at Target earlier, I noticed what was left of the TMNT Basics on the self were down to 4.99.......I was thinking if only the newer characters like Bullhop, Shredder and the Rhino one would've been on shelf for that price.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #844
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I have never seen anything other than first wave here in mid tn
Old 11-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #845
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'd've thought Vaughn'd post that here himself.
I would have but I really don't come here much anymore.
This place is full of jerks and scalpers like Latin Kings who have should have been banned a long time ago but the mods don't care about people being harassed or threatened.
I have enough anxiety in my daily life without nonsense from people like that.
I still love TMNT but the majority of the fandom has really turned me off.
It's sad to see this happening with these toys and show because it's really not as bad as many think it is.
I'm not sure what they mean by they plan to instead focus on the 80s TMNT but it would be cool for them to do a show with that cast and characters.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #846
Powder
Salami Origami

The line may be on it's way out, but folks have finally spotted John Cena Leo & Hypnopotamus (NEED!!!) in their local Wal-marts. Happy hunting!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #847
sdp
Winsider

I better get that Rise Leo since i looks like he'll never get a better figure. The line is ending but has basically just arrived in my country and unfortunately all have really high price tags because of that.

Dommage Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:07 PM   #848
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The line may be on it's way out, but folks have finally spotted John Cena Leo & Hypnopotamus (NEED!!!) in their local Wal-marts. Happy hunting!
Maaan I'm still lookin' for Foot Lt., Albearto, Bullhop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I would have but I really don't come here much anymore.
This place is full of jerks and scalpers like Latin Kings who have should have been banned a long time ago but the mods don't care about people being harassed or threatened.
I have enough anxiety in my daily life without nonsense from people like that.
I still love TMNT but the majority of the fandom has really turned me off.
It's sad to see this happening with these toys and show because it's really not as bad as many think it is.
I'm not sure what they mean by they plan to instead focus on the 80s TMNT but it would be cool for them to do a show with that cast and characters.
Yo! Sorry to hear you're been put off. Understandable though! Sometimes I pop away from both here and the Wiki because I find myself thinking I'd rather have cancer again than deal with some of the personalities.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:00 PM   #849
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, two of the wrestling Leo (grabbed one for the heck of it) and one Hypno were on the hooks in my store today. (Along with a few more battle shell figures.) Not a full restock, most of the hooks where still skimpy, so not sure where they randomly pulled those three newish ones from.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:44 AM   #850
Browne762
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Wow, two of the wrestling Leo (grabbed one for the heck of it) and one Hypno were on the hooks in my store today.
What store?
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:23 AM   #851
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Store in Wilmington, DE.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #852
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Found the battle shell tmnt for the first time and they had 4 wrestling Leo and 3
hypnopotamus
Old 12-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #853
Browne762
Thug

Quote:
Store in Wilmington, DE.
I was meaning what store like Walmart or Target or something else. Just so I can be on the lookout at whatever store it is in my area.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #854
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh, sorry. lol Walmart.

Had in mind the previous post and guess I forgot to mention where again.

But if anyone is in reasonable distance, there ya go.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #855
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Wow, two of the wrestling Leo (grabbed one for the heck of it) and one Hypno were on the hooks in my store today. (Along with a few more battle shell figures.) Not a full restock, most of the hooks where still skimpy, so not sure where they randomly pulled those three newish ones from.
I've seen some stores around me get smaller cases (like 12 pieces) of just Turtles, so they probably came out of one of those cases.

This is different from the 24-32 piece cases I think this line originally shipped in, and the 2012 line definitely shipped in.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #856
TMNTFanatic4Life
Foot Soldier

At one Walmart over the weekend, I saw a full restock of all the pegs that included...Albearto, Foot LT., Battle Shells, Buster Raph and Nano Clip Leo along with one of the Rare Dons....but no Wrestling Leo and Purple Hippo. At this particular location in Germantown WI, was the first time ever that I saw Albearto and Foot LT here and any other Walmart that I've regularly check. It was only at a Meier that I found these 2 before, lol

At another, I saw a similar restock minus Albearto and Foot LT. but with 1 Wrestling Leo....I assume someone bought the Purple Hippo at this one since you could tell there was 2 missing figures in front of where the Wrestling Leo was.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #857
andr0s81
Random Punk

Walmart.com has hypno potamus in stock for a slight markup at 12.60
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:05 AM   #858
Browne762
Thug

So I am going to assume that Wrestling Mikey and Bullhop must be cased together and not released yet as it doesn't sound like anybody has seen them. I would assume those might be the last ones coming out before the pulled the plug on this toy line.

I have not yet seen Hypnopotamus or Wresting Leo in my area, but I hope to soon. I would just like to have a complete set before they are down with the Rise figures and I am getting kind of tired of hunting for these figures.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #859
Swaynomics930
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
About time, need both of those
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:52 PM   #860
Swaynomics930
Thug

Went to the nearest walmart by me and they had all battle shells first time seeing them and was able to scoop up cena leo and Hypo!! Need bull hop now!
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys