The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 04:57 AM   #81
ZariusTwo
Overlord

First episode available on Youtube

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #82
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
First episode available on Youtube

I hate the animation style and there's way too much MCU influence for my liking, but I can see there's some positive things about this show after all.
I didn't expect to ever see Max Modell in a Spidey cartoon, so it was a pleasant surprise when he showed up. The humor isn't very good but at least it isn't as bad as Ultimate's. It's also nice seeing Spidey think more like a scientist, even if they overdid it a little.
I'll watch it for awhile and if it doesn't improve any I'll drop it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #83
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Similarly to Ultimate Spider-Man, I have mixed opinions on Marvel's Spider-Man. Right now, these are my general impressions; I won't be able to say if I like or dislike it as anything can change.

I still cannot stand the animation; of all the Marvel Animated Shows, this is easily the worst looking to me. It looks too pale and almost incomplete with the textures. The striking parts being the science lab and the sky. Personally, it hurts my eyes a bit; at least with Spectacular Spider-Man, the art choice allowed for better fight sequences. What's this show's excuse?

In terms of the voice acting... I'm very mixed on it. On one hand, there's Robbie Daymond as a younger Peter Parker, which is okay. He certainly has some range as excitable and does come across as intelligent. However, it's hard to fully judge him with one episode compared to the previous voice actors. I'll give him a little more time before saying how I'd rank him.

On the other hand, however, there's Alastair Duncan as Vulture... ugh, this feels like a miscast right now. Duncan does sound slimy in the role, which I like out of the Vulture. Outside it, that scream. Right now, he's one of the worst voice actors for Vulture.

Currently, I can't judge any of the other voice actors. The likes of Harry Osborn and Liz Allen don't have many lines and didn't leave much of an impression just yet.

As for miscellaneous content, I do have to applaud Peter acting like a scientist in this series. It does go overboard slightly; I'm not sure if it's Daymond's delivery or the scripting. Not too bad though.

Humor wise... it feels lackluster, personally. The first scene is a bit over the top with handling. Luckily, the fourth wall breaking, a common occurrence in Ultimate Spider-Man, is not here. Lastly, the fights rely on puns that can be a bit grating. Otherwise, the humor just feels dry and lacking to me.

Finally, as much as I hate the MCU usage, specifically the current design of Spider-Man and Vulture on display, I do like older and newer content being used. Something I feel Ultimate Spider-Man deserves a bit of credit for is exposing younger audiences to other characters not seen before, such as Miles Morales, Anti-Venom, even the return of Morbius. I will agree though that the execution in Ultimate was more miss than hit, which made them lackluster. Children may not be able to afford comics or have no interest, but the shows can help with introducing ideas to give them wider exposure to a long-running franchise like Spider-Man. Therefore, seeing the return of the Smythes and introducing Max Modell is welcomed by me.

Overall, it's only the first half of a two-parter, so it's difficult for me to fully judge. There are elements I like, but elements I don't like. Guess we'll have to see how this series progresses. While stylistically the worst of the Marvel Animation shows, I have to admit it has some good; it's better than Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Avengers Assemble personally, but I'm unsure if it's better per say than Ultimate yet (I haven't watched the Guardians cartoon).

Last edited by GoldMutant; 08-19-2017 at 07:57 AM.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #84
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I didn't expect to ever see Max Modell in a Spidey cartoon
Dan Slott is the show's creative consultant. Clash from his run is also showing up in this series.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #85
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

So Vulture now has sonic scream ability from his suit that's new
Old 08-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #86
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Why do modern Marvel shows have bad animation and crap backgrounds, you think being owned by Disney would allow them to make their shows look somewhat aesthetically pleasing. Its sad when a show about ducks going on adventures and a girl with a magical wand has better action scenes than a superhero show.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #87
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Why do modern Marvel shows have bad animation and crap backgrounds, you think being owned by Disney would allow them to make their shows look somewhat aesthetically pleasing. Its sad when a show about ducks going on adventures and a girl with a magical wand has better action scenes than a superhero show.
Seems like these shows are just more ways to promote their cinematic universe and sell more merchandise. I could see why they'd want to spend as little money as possible on these things. It's a horrible thing to do to fans, but from a business perspective it's pretty savvy.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

Haven't watched the ep yet, but I find it weird we get so many Spiderman cartoons one after the other and they don't put much effort into them. It's because they know its Spiderman and young kids will watch it anyway because they don't know any better, but it's still disappointing.

This is what...the 8th or 9th Spiderman cartoon since the 60's one? Jesus.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #89
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Haven't watched the ep yet, but I find it weird we get so many Spiderman cartoons one after the other and they don't put much effort into them. It's because they know its Spiderman and young kids will watch it anyway because they don't know any better, but it's still disappointing.

This is what...the 8th or 9th Spiderman cartoon since the 60's one? Jesus.
Considering he's been around since the 60s, it's not surprising. Spider-Man is arguably the most profitable Marvel superhero (Unless Wolverine or the MCU have proven otherwise).

In terms of cartoons, there's nine: the 60s series, Amazing Friends, the 80s cartoon itself, TAS, Unlimited, The New Animated Series, Spectacular, Ultimate, and now this. If you add live-action, that's twelve: the NBC series with Nick Hammond, the Japanese Spider-Man, and an educational series with live-action and animation called Spidey Super Stories. That's not counting his appearances in other Marvel shows, like Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

As you can tell Cube, Spider-Man's been around for a long time, even before you were "old."
Old 01-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #90
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Someone dropped by at CBR's forums claiming that Disney have cancelled this show alongside Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers Assemble. Can't find much more information other than this claim though. Maybe more will surface in the coming days.

The remainder of the series has aired in other countries.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #91
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Marvel animation was hitting it's stride when the Disney buy out happened and it seems like it all went to hell. Many of these shows have average or impressive episode count but it seems to have all happened without any fanfare. I remember all the hype for the late 00's Marvel shows and it's all gone now.

Such a shame, I've realized superheroes are just better in an animated format.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #92
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Found the source

https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.bl...-town-too.html

Some interesting info on what's coming and what's not.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #93
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's amazing how much better DC animation is than Marvel animation, whereas with live-action movies it's the opposite.

Can't wait for Young Justice Season 3 to finally come out. I expect it to be excellent, as long as Greg Weisman doesn't go crazy with loose ends he never expects to finish. Oh...and Wally better come back to life.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #94
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't understand that list from the website Zarius posted,

Does that mean those shows are being worked on?

I googled some of the ones that interested me and got nothing, we have 3 Scooby shows coming, or is it two DTV movies and one new show?

A Flintstones reboot with black characters?

Justice League Action is cancelled?

These are all big news and no real sources or confirmations anywhere
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:07 AM   #95
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
These are all big news and no real sources or confirmations anywhere
That's because they're leaks, the upfronts from the animation networks are not out yet officially confirming them, but the blogger has connections from the animation guild.

According to the blog post, there are massive lay offs happening at Marvel Animation.

And yeah, of the three Scooby projects, only "Guess Who Scooby Doo?" is a series.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #96
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The second (and final?) season confirmed, with Peter joining the Bugle

https://news.marvel.com/tv/83431/mar...n-2-disney-xd/

Quote:
The second season of “Marvel’s Spider-Man” follows Peter Parker in his sophomore year as a more experienced Super Hero and a more confident student at what was once the intimidating Horizon High School. Picking up where season one left off – in an epic showdown against Doc Ock, the Sinister Five, and Hobgoblin – season two will offer much higher stakes for both Peter and his heroic alter-ego, Spider-Man. He’ll also learn how to navigate new responsibilities like working at his local newspaper The Daily Bugle while enduring Doc Ock’s series of obstacles in the villain’s attempt to get rid of Spider-Man once and for all. The action-packed season will continue to touch on Spidey’s relatable themes, including friendship, loyalty and heroism, while staying true to its signature sense of comedy. The premiere date for the series will be announced at a later date.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:50 PM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord

They make so many new Spiderman cartoons one after the other I can't even keep track of them anymore. It feels everytime a new Spiderman show starts its already over in a few years and the next one begins.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:34 AM   #98
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They make so many new Spiderman cartoons one after the other I can't even keep track of them anymore. It feels everytime a new Spiderman show starts its already over in a few years and the next one begins.
If the leak is true, there won't be a new animated Spidey, or a new animated Marvel anything, for a long while once the upcoming seasons are done.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:29 AM   #99
ZariusTwo
Overlord

https://www.newsarama.com/44952-cort...interview.html

Article on what's coming up in the last half of the show and what the future direction is for Marvel Animation

From the way Court Lane words things here, it definitely sounds like the show is ending.

Quote:
It has a very emotional ending – one of the characters involved makes a huge sacrifice. I rewatched it just before this and I’m not ashamed to admit I cried. It’s a very satisfying ending to the two seasons
Old 04-27-2019, 04:31 AM   #100
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
https://www.newsarama.com/44952-cort...interview.html

Article on what's coming up in the last half of the show and what the future direction is for Marvel Animation

From the way Court Lane words things here, it definitely sounds like the show is ending.
So does this mean we can finally get the first good Spider-Man cartoon since 2009?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peter cucker, spider-cuck