The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #521
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I feel terrible for those 2% of people, regardless of whether they're male or female identified. But I also feel exponentially worse for the 63% of people who don't come forward because they're afraid of looking like that 2%.

As I've said elsewhere in the thread it is entirely possible that both people involved in the Hardwick scandal could be entirely telling the truth from their perspective.

I think it is completely within the realm of the possible that abusive people do not see themselves as abusive.
They are not mustache-twirling bad guys. Or Cruella DeVilles seeking to make coats from puppies.

They are people with a control problem.

People who do bad things are still people. And by labeling them as monsters all you do is convinced a bunch of people with those tendencies we're not talking about them.

And here's the problem with saying that rape is worse than murder, and that it should be treated as such by the legal system:
You get rapists to just go and murder their victims because they'll serve less time in prison if they're caught.

And depending on what they look like, if they are caught maybe they'll get six months because they have such a promising future and why would we want to ruin that for a half an hour of bad decisions.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:41 PM   #522
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I feel terrible for those 2% of people, regardless of whether they're male or female identified. But I also feel exponentially worse for the 63% of people who don't come forward because they're afraid of looking like that 2%.

As I've said elsewhere in the thread it is entirely possible that both people involved in the Hardwick scandal could be entirely telling the truth from their perspective.

I think it is completely within the realm of the possible that abusive people do not see themselves as abusive.
They are not mustache-twirling bad guys. Or Cruella DeVilles seeking to make coats from puppies.

They are people with a control problem.

People who do bad things are still people. And by labeling them as monsters all you do is convinced a bunch of people with those tendencies we're not talking about them.

And here's the problem with saying that rape is worse than murder, and that it should be treated as such by the legal system:
You get rapists to just go and murder their victims because they'll serve less time in prison if they're caught.

And depending on what they look like, if they are caught maybe they'll get six months because they have such a promising future and why would we want to ruin that for a half an hour of bad decisions.
Wait, what? Murderers get shorter sentences than rapists? And if a rapist kills their victim and that's found out he'll be trialed for two crimes and get a combined longer sentence, no?
Old 06-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #523
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hardwick's ex defends him:

https://people.com/tv/chris-hardwick...t-allegations/
Old 06-28-2018, 12:32 PM   #524
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And now more Hardwick exes defend him:

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/...-amid-abuse-a/
Old 06-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #525
Vegita-San
Emperor

as much as i dislike chris hardwick....fake allegations REALLY need to be hardlined with consequences. and the people who've REALLY had something happen to them should equally come out and show support for people who've had fake allegations made against them.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 06-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #526
plastroncafe

Terry Crews gets mocked by 50 Cent and Russell Simmons for speaking out about his sexual assault.

50 Cent faces backlash for mocking Terry Crews for his sexual harassment activism
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #527
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I hate the mindset that having past partners defend you means the claims of another aren't true. All relationships and situations are different just as people become different over time. That's cool that someone had a good relationship with him two decades ago but it has nothing to do with the current allegation.

Didn't Depp's ex defend him after Amber Heard accused him of beating her?
Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #528
plastroncafe

I have a past partner who was controlling, raised a hand to me, and is the source of my PTSD.
We were very young, and I have no doubt that they didn't know any better. However, the fact that they may not have done to their later partners doesn't negate or erase what happened when we were together.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #529
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I hate the mindset that having past partners defend you means the claims of another aren't true.
No, but since there isn't actually any investigation and it's all hearsay, at the very least this provides some relevant data on the individual in question.

Kind of like... you are thinking about hiring Joe. What do you do? You call Joe's previous jobs and ask how he was.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #530
Vegita-San
Emperor

can he change? yes..

but, lets flip the coin. why is it OK to believe all the 100 or so women who came out against someone like say, bill cosby? most people would instantly believe someone if they came out to accuse him, just because so many had come out and done so before. and i have no doubt most of those where probably just band wagoners looking for some fast cash and sympathy.

why is it not ok to believe women defending hardwick? so far it seems like 3 or 4. what happens if the number grows to 10? are they all lying? did they all sign nda's and get hush money so they couldn't trash him?

seems like a bit of hypocritical ness, or something like it, going on here.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:05 PM   #531
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
can he change? yes..

but, lets flip the coin. why is it OK to believe all the 100 or so women who came out against someone like say, bill cosby? most people would instantly believe someone if they came out to accuse him, just because so many had come out and done so before. and i have no doubt most of those where probably just band wagoners looking for some fast cash and sympathy.

why is it not ok to believe women defending hardwick? so far it seems like 3 or 4. what happens if the number grows to 10? are they all lying? did they all sign nda's and get hush money so they couldn't trash him?

seems like a bit of hypocritical ness, or something like it, going on here.

Where did I say you can't believe the people defending him? I'm sure they did have good relationships with him. It just doesn't mean Dykstra did.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #532
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Re-Posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook

I can't believe this ...

I just ... wow ...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 07-01-2018 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #533
Sumac
Banned

So triggered...
Old 07-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #534
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Weinstein now faces a maximum of life in prison.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #535
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yvette Nicole Brown has replaced Chris Hardwick on all the Talking Dead stuff.

https://uproxx.com/tv/yvette-nicole-...ad-panel-host/

Of course she has.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:23 AM   #536
BartAllen
Banned

No one seems to be talking about Trudeau. The lack of media coverage and outrage by the left really does show that their nonsense really is just virtue signaling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
How do they know it's 63% if it's unreported? That number is such an asspull that it smells of yesterday's lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yvette Nicole Brown has replaced Chris Hardwick on all the Talking Dead stuff.

https://uproxx.com/tv/yvette-nicole-...ad-panel-host/

Of course she has.
The Walking Dead is garbage, and the comic isn't much better nowadays. The comic has been infected with the BS that has plagued the show since the very beginning.

Last edited by BartAllen; 07-10-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #537
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

The CEO of Feminist Apparel, Alan Martofel, fired his entire staff after they learned that he sexually abused women.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:53 AM   #538
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
No one seems to be talking about Trudeau. The lack of media coverage and outrage by the left really does show that their nonsense really is just virtue signaling.
and this is a surprise, why? SJW's are nothing but phonies looking to yell the loudest without any real passion behind the yelling.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:04 AM   #539
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #540
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Wow. This is just ... unbelievable.

Talk about a corruption within a corporation.
Closed Thread