Powder, which one was yours?
His is the last one.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #282
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Sure thing. I cleaned 'em up in PS, too. Spoilered for size.

gracias amigo!

nice to see a couple more done. and it's always a pleasure to see more of his work
Old 03-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #283
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
His is the last one.
Thanks For letting mw know.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #284
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

I can not express how excited I am to see how mine comes out.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #285
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Thanks For letting mw know.
No prob. On subject - the ones he had done look great!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #286
Slade
god status

Still nothing...but I wanted to ask, does anyone else feel like the two Raphs he posted look rushed?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #287
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
Still nothing...but I wanted to ask, does anyone else feel like the two Raphs he posted look rushed?
not per say. he quoted "convention style sketches" and THAT is a convention style sketch. sure, it is not his most polished work, but for the prices he was charging (very good in comparison to other artists), i would say it's more than suitable. i think people have been waiting so long, they are expecting a little more.

Last edited by Plasticplayhouse; 03-18-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #288
Slade
god status

Yeah, that's true. He did say convention style sketch. I guess just I was just comparing those two to Powder's Leo and to me, it looks like he rushed the Raphs. They still look great though.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #289
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Food for thought:

I didn't see it stated anywhere in the thread, but has anyone considered the possibility the Craig might've actually looked at this thread? To be honest, there's ALOT of negativity here...

Yes, these requests seem to have taken a long time. I still don't find the justification let over zealous opinions fly through here. Pretty saddening if you read this thread start to finish. Some of those here have perseverd with kindness and understanding, many have not.

I'm not aware of Craig's specific illness, but wouldn't rule out that he may not physically be able to draw, at least everyday. One may even be so bold to say that having what you love doing thwarted by illness may take alot out of somebody, to the point that finding motivation is near impossible. We can all relate to this in even the smallest form.

I would be less judgmental if the majority were saying "I hope everything is ok", they aren't. For those of you that are, you know who you are and I have no qualms with you. For those of you who show nothing but contempt for being made to wait, deal with it. Your bad-mouthing is not making Craig draw any faster...

It's no mystery, to me, anymore why most TMNT artist's won't come to the drome. It's convergence place for the critic's critic...

To put things into perspective 3 artists of notoriety who have the EXACT SAME turn-around time/s are: John Byrne, Sal Buscema, and John Romita SR.

Now go to the non-tmnt comic art forums and ask who would wait that long for a commish? You'd be surprised with an overwhelming response of "I"s...

It is what it is, stop bitching and let the world turn

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #290
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

The thing is...he told us it would be a matter of weeks...years ago

Every email I have sent I have been very nice just asking for updates. He has never once mentioned any illness to me....just promises that mine would be next and it would only be a few more days.....every time
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #291
rickwj324
Stone Warrior

I just recently discovered this thread and decided to email Mr. Farley for a commission. I haven't heard back from him and I'm thinking I probably won't. Still, if he was willing to do a commission for me I'd gladly pay now and wait it out. I'm such a fan. I can understand everyone's frustrations, but I wish I was on this very long waiting list.......

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #292
Slade
god status

Hopefully you weren't directing that to me by asking if they looked rushed? Because I also said they still look great.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #293
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofistocat View Post
Food for thought:

I didn't see it stated anywhere in the thread, but has anyone considered the possibility the Craig might've actually looked at this thread? To be honest, there's ALOT of negativity here...

Yes, these requests seem to have taken a long time. I still don't find the justification let over zealous opinions fly through here. Pretty saddening if you read this thread start to finish. Some of those here have perseverd with kindness and understanding, many have not.

I'm not aware of Craig's specific illness, but wouldn't rule out that he may not physically be able to draw, at least everyday. One may even be so bold to say that having what you love doing thwarted by illness may take alot out of somebody, to the point that finding motivation is near impossible. We can all relate to this in even the smallest form.

I would be less judgmental if the majority were saying "I hope everything is ok", they aren't. For those of you that are, you know who you are and I have no qualms with you. For those of you who show nothing but contempt for being made to wait, deal with it. Your bad-mouthing is not making Craig draw any faster...

It's no mystery, to me, anymore why most TMNT artist's won't come to the drome. It's convergence place for the critic's critic...

To put things into perspective 3 artists of notoriety who have the EXACT SAME turn-around time/s are: John Byrne, Sal Buscema, and John Romita SR.

Now go to the non-tmnt comic art forums and ask who would wait that long for a commish? You'd be surprised with an overwhelming response of "I"s...

It is what it is, stop bitching and let the world turn
I agree, I have said on here, and in multiple messages to Craig that I don't want him to feel rushed. Every mail I've ever sent him he's answered, and I haven't hounded him.

I setup a commission with another TMNT artist that has taken almost a year now, and I can't complain, why? Because I never thought I would get to own a piece made just for me, by this artist.

The artists have lives outside of doing commissions, and with that they are doing you a favor. A lot of TMNT artists don't even do commissions, so when one does, you should feel extremely grateful that 1) They're listening to all of your crazy suggestions 2) They're giving you something made just for you.

So let's all remember Craig is an artist, he will take his time, create something that will knock your socks off, and you were ONE of the lucky FEW who actually are in the mix to get a piece by him.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #294
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
I agree, I have said on here, and in multiple messages to Craig that I don't want him to feel rushed. Every mail I've ever sent him he's answered, and I haven't hounded him.

I setup a commission with another TMNT artist that has taken almost a year now, and I can't complain, why? Because I never thought I would get to own a piece made just for me, by this artist.

The artists have lives outside of doing commissions, and with that they are doing you a favor. A lot of TMNT artists don't even do commissions, so when one does, you should feel extremely grateful that 1) They're listening to all of your crazy suggestions 2) They're giving you something made just for you.

So let's all remember Craig is an artist, he will take his time, create something that will knock your socks off, and you were ONE of the lucky FEW who actually are in the mix to get a piece by him.
make no mistake, soliciting for commissions is in no shape or form doing anyone a "favor". commissions are all business. the customer pays money; the artist makes money. a favor would be an artist hooking up a fan (paying or nonpaying) with an on-the-spot sketch.

in the business of commissions, the artist will dictate the price and time need to complete the work. the timeframe is usually semi-soft and will range from a few weeks to a few months, and is often set before the transaction takes place. yes, in some cases with really big names, the wait expectancy can be a couple of years, but that is made known before hand. quite a few artists are really good with keeping within their timeline, some others are not. the important thing in a business is to keep good communication. sadly in the artist industry there are many who don't practice good communication skills. i would say Craig has kept pretty good communication, but not the best. the work he has put out has been really nice with these commissions. in fact i think he has been putting a little extra into some of them (maybe because of the wait). There is no questioning the man's talent, good heart, and stellar work. 99% of gripes heard in this thread stem from one simple issue...Provide the customer with an honest, achievable time. if it's going to take a year, fine...two years, so be it. if the customer is told to expect that from the start, there would be no complaining. the fact is, he made it sound that the art would be done within a few months. quite a few others have claimed that he told them their picture was done and he would scan them a pic or mail it out and then weeks/months would go by with nothing happening.

apparently he is not in the best health. for that, I offer my sympathy, compassion, and prayers. he seems like a great guy and i hold him in hi regard, but that does not mean that I feel it's ok for him to not provide good communication. In fact, it would actually make things a lot easier on him because I'm sure he would receive less emails inquiring the status of their pictures.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #295
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior

well said^^^
Old 03-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #296
Powder
Salami Origami

Perfectly put, yeah.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #297
Slade
god status

Exactly!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #298
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

You're right Playhouse. I made no mention of Craig's ability to openly communicate or a lack thereof. I had emailed him a few months ago and he promptly replied. Since I wasn't able to make the list, the importance of his communique's to others who were on the list wasn't really a thought.

I meant no ill thoughts towards anybody. I bitch more than most, believe me.

The pics of the work he's done so far are great. Now he just needs to take those pics at the PO right before he ships the sketches out.

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #299
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

He's not building you a deck or re-doing your kitchen, he's creating art.

I understand that he said he would get it to you in a matter of weeks, but if you still think that's the case, I'm sorry but its not going to happen. Let him get into it. Do you really want him just rushing stuff off?

If I ever got the opportunity to get a commission from anyone else on my holy grail list (Eric Talbot), I would wait for as long as it took. I remember when this was first announced, I couldn't believe I was one of the lucky few. You should be happy, this hardly ever comes up, and probably wont happen again for a long time.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #300
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
He's not building you a deck or re-doing your kitchen, he's creating art.
Isn't it the same thing though? All bitching/complaining aside in the end you are still paying someone to do something for you. Whether its cutting your hair, shipping your package or creating art for you. Money is given in exchange for goods/services. Its business not a favor. Just playing devils advocate