The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old Today, 12:10 PM   #1241
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Did Vegita-San help make this since he has a war on women?
Wars a bit severe, isn't it?
Impotent slap fight seems more appropriate.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #1242
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Wars a bit severe, isn't it?
Impotent slap fight seems more appropriate.
ok changed it from wars to Impotent slap fight on women

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #1243
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

case in point.

sigh. can we get any more childish?

see why I take offense, sdp?
Vegita-San is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:45 PM   #1244
Sumac
Mad Scientist

/facepalm

Tell me it's a joke article. If not I wonder how drunk on "liberal kool-aid" one must be to seriously write garbage like this?
I haven't seen the movie, but if I would had and I wouldn't like it due to problems not related to Rey's character, would I become a woman-hater?

Quote:
The world ain't your safe space, my dude.
And neither is fandom.
Mind if I remind you that world is not safe space of yours too.
Just for posterity.
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #1245
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

it wouldn't fit the men are evil agenda, and thus would be ignored.
Old Today, 01:51 PM   #1246
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
/facepalm
Mind if I remind you that world is not safe space of yours too.
Just for posterity.
Unless they're worded as eloquently as all the rape and death threats I've gotten over the years, I'd suggest you save the key strokes and not bother.
Quote:
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #1247
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
How do you even believe what you're saying? Seriously?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:29 PM   #1248
sdp
<<Dino Raver>>

I was just thinking how both Lucas and Laird who were so protective of their creations ended up selling to someone who pretty much stepped on all their believes of what the franchise should be, it doesn't matter if you think it's for the better or the worse, it's still ironic.

Quote:
as all the rape and death threats I've gotten over the years.
Boohoo, who hasn't gotten horrible harassment online? That doesn't make you a victim or special. It's as old as the internet and it comes inherent with anonymity and the pros of it outweigh the cons. If it's too much to handle then "casuals" shouldn't be using the internet but instead they'll whine about it.
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #1249
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Boohoo, who hasn't gotten horrible harassment online? That doesn't make you a victim or special. It's as old as the internet and it comes inherent with anonymity and the pros of it outweigh the cons. If it's too much to handle then "casuals" shouldn't be using the internet but instead they'll whine about it.
Calm your tits.
A) I was getting such things before the internet was a household staple.
B) I brought it up to illustrate that I don't need reminding that the world isn't a Safe Space.
C) And even if I did need reminding, chances are good internet randos won't be around when I need them the most.
Like...last night, offline, when I was harassed walking in my neighborhood by the two drunk townie dudebros who followed me for six blocks.
Quote:
Old Today, 03:09 PM   #1250
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
A) I was getting such things before the internet was a household staple.
She's not wrong. I remember very well the fervor you started like 20 years ago.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:17 PM   #1251
Spike Spiegel
God Loves, Man Kills

Quote:
Bruh, I don't particularly like online SJWs and Hollywood virtue signaling either, but I don't let it stop me from enjoying media on my own terms.

Nothing about TLJ is so bad that it's worth getting yourself all depressed over it. It's a guilty pleasure at the very worst. If you don't like it, buy some novels/download some games and choose-your-own-canon. Marvel's current comics are as good as any of the old Dark Horse stuff. My local Half Price Books has been stocking a lot of EU novels, and I've personally started a scavenger hunt of sorts for the ones I want to read. If anything, it's increased my love for the franchise overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
The prequels, too. Hell, all three films are essentially about the rise of authoritarianism and a fascist government. With bombast, of course - it's still a space opera with laser swords, space dogfights and mystic powers - but some of it's really on the nose. Hell, at the time, some outlets in the news were flipping out about them because they were perceived as pointed shots at the then-ongoing Bush administration and the direction of the country at the time.
I've been thinking about the political aspects of the original six films and Clone Wars as well, and I would have to agree with this. I think Lucas made that part of the narrative something a little more subtle that the viewer has to internalize and think about on their own rather than overtly throwing it in our faces. It's ironic when you consider the stylistic choices within the prequels' storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #1252
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

I've been re reading the old eu novels from the start..to try and remember when i liked star wars.

It's amazing how bad the Kevin J Anderson novels read back. but it's still better than the newer books.
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #1253
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I was just thinking how both Lucas and Laird who were so protective of their creations ended up selling to someone who pretty much stepped on all their believes of what the franchise should be, it doesn't matter if you think it's for the better or the worse, it's still ironic.
that's because no one is a specific 'in charge' person.

IIRC, you have a Kevin Feige in charge of the entire marvel movie line. who SEEMS to be creative as well as an executive. a rare talent.

There is NO ONE like that in charge of the turtles empire now. Or Star Wars. or the DC Universe. which explains why all their new stuff is a big steaming patrick stewart (see what I did there? think about it)
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #1254
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
There is NO ONE like that in charge of the turtles empire now. it)
Why should there be? It was never like that even when Mirage owned TMNT.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:33 PM   #1255
Spike Spiegel
God Loves, Man Kills

Quote:
that's because no one is a specific 'in charge' person.

IIRC, you have a Kevin Feige in charge of the entire marvel movie line. who SEEMS to be creative as well as an executive. a rare talent.

There is NO ONE like that in charge of the turtles empire now. Or Star Wars. or the DC Universe. which explains why all their new stuff is a big steaming patrick stewart (see what I did there? think about it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyskywalker, plastron goes quiet, social justice wars, star wars, vegita-san hates women, vegita-san vs sjw's