The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 02-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #1441
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It really does, doesn't it? And now they're going to murder him on-page to bring about 5G? Eugh.

I mean, they have to be trolling fans now, right? There's really no other explanation.
I don't think they're killing him, the synopsis says he becomes a god and has the power to alter the DC universe.

Basically, it's what people blamed Barry for doing in Flashpoint when the New 52 started...then they retconned it to Manhattan manipulating him.

Now they're having another Flash be responsible for the creation of 5G, only now he's the one manipulating Manhattan's powers.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #1442
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I don't think they're killing him, the synopsis says he becomes a god and has the power to alter the DC universe.
That kind of thing never really ends well for the character.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #1443
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That kind of thing never really ends well for the character.
I can't wait for Wally to have an epiphany and realize there are actually THREE Reverse-Flashes...
Old 02-08-2020, 06:28 AM   #1444
ZariusTwo
Overlord

DC are also rehashing the "Joker knew who the Bat-Family were all along" plot again

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...be-far-behind/
Old 02-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #1445
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
DC are also rehashing the "Joker knew who the Bat-Family were all along" plot again

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...be-far-behind/
Wasn't that the key to Death of The Family and Endgame? I would like to see a list of how many times this happened.

Wally West is getting the Hal Jordan treatment?
https://www.cbr.com/generation-zero-flash-parallax/
Old 02-13-2020, 07:52 AM   #1446
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A retrospective on a very brief golden age for the Superman franchise

Old 02-14-2020, 01:27 AM   #1447
ZariusTwo
Overlord

More details on the books that will restructure the DC timeline...5G kicks off in September

https://www.newsarama.com/49033-gene...teries-dc.html

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 02-14-2020 at 02:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #1449
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.cbr.com/punchline-joker-...nightwing/amp/

Dick Grayson goes to Barbara Gordon to finalize his memory. With Jason Bard hinting around at Barbara for more than a year I was inclined to think she was meant to get over Mr. Grayson. Glad to see they are still will they/won't they.

This Punchline character sure is getting a push out the gate as Harley Quinn 2.0.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:05 PM   #1450
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
More details on the books that will restructure the DC timeline...5G kicks off in September

https://www.newsarama.com/49033-gene...teries-dc.html
It was June. Now its September? Pushed back but still going forward? I still wonder how long it will last.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:19 AM   #1451
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Some extra details on Generation Zero: Gods Among Us. It will provide cover for four parallel timelines existing at once in the DC universe.

AT&t and WB are fully behind 5G, and have been the ones who have pushed the hardest for it. They also intend to use it as the basis for eventually ageing theircurrent television/film characters out of their roles but aim to keep the franchises going in that medium.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...-dc-comics-5g/
Old 02-25-2020, 03:28 PM   #1452
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Some extra details on Generation Zero: Gods Among Us. It will provide cover for four parallel timelines existing at once in the DC universe.

AT&t and WB are fully behind 5G, and have been the ones who have pushed the hardest for it. They also intend to use it as the basis for eventually ageing theircurrent television/film characters out of their roles but aim to keep the franchises going in that medium.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...-dc-comics-5g/
So they are actually embracing Didio's crackpot idea and want it to leak to other media? I thought with him gone then it would not be forced down our throats.

What I don't understand is 1. Why can't the legacy characters embrace their legacy? Dick Grayson is Batman, Wally West is Flash most of all with Donna Troy as Wonder Woman, Garth as Aquaman, Roy Harper as Red Arrow, Kara as Super Woman, Barbara Gordon as Batwoman? 2. Why does it have to take over the entire line instead of just be a temprary thing or a mini-series? I mean why force a Flash centric event on the entire property?
Old 02-25-2020, 07:40 PM   #1453
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What I don't understand is 1. Why can't the legacy characters embrace their legacy? Dick Grayson is Batman, Wally West is Flash most of all with Donna Troy as Wonder Woman, Garth as Aquaman, Roy Harper as Red Arrow, Kara as Super Woman, Barbara Gordon as Batwoman?
Because they're all white and/or heterosexual.

I wish that wasn't 100% of the reason, but it is. That's entirely the answer to your question.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #1454
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

I wish that wasn't 100% of the reason, but it is. That's entirely the answer to your question.
It's obvious.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #1455
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Yeah, I know it is the answer. Its just it should not be. They are being held back and that is the problem is not being allowed to embrace the legacy they were created for. Sure they can grow and do their own thing, but at the end of the day its about making their own of the mantle of their respective mentors. Its just when they were created most other media was predominantly Caucasian. DC as well as Marvel needs to create new characters and make them important organically. How many characters in the last 30 years were not legacy and had staying power?
Old 02-26-2020, 10:46 AM   #1456
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Yeah, I know it is the answer. Its just it should not be. They are being held back and that is the problem is not being allowed to embrace the legacy they were created for. Sure they can grow and do their own thing, but at the end of the day its about making their own of the mantle of their respective mentors. Its just when they were created most other media was predominantly Caucasian. DC as well as Marvel needs to create new characters and make them important organically. How many characters in the last 30 years were not legacy and had staying power?
Harper Row and Duke Thomas sure haven't. Although DC keeps trying to make Duke a thing.

Which is too bad, I did really like him at first. Wouldn't have even minded seeing him become a real Robin. But instead Snyder spun him off into that weird Yellowbird metahuman stuff, or whatever the code name actually is...

Bumblebat?
Old 02-26-2020, 11:07 AM   #1457
CyberCubed
Overlord

So what does that article mean when it says it will affect stuff outside of comics like shows and movies? What shows are they talking about, all the CW Arrowverse stuff? I mean most of those shows will probably be ending in another year or two. Or the stuff on DC streaming like the Teen Titans show.

Referring to movies is even odder because we’re already getting the Matt Reeves Batman reboot and it’s pretty obvious Wonder Woman and Aquaman are sticking around for awhile unless their sequels completely bomb. Superman is going to be rebooted either way because Henry Cavill is done with the role. So what the hell are they referring to?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #1459
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://batman-news.com/2020/02/26/d...s-1020-review/
I got around to reading Detective Comics #1020 this morning and I was underwhelmed. There were two reasons. First and foremost it was unnecessarily violent. Two Face shooting out people's eyes? Like Penguin he was treated like anyone at the local hospital for his serious injuries. While the doctors see a patient in need Penguin gives the doctor 100k. While Two Face flips his coin and killed his doctor, shooting multiple times after the first attempt he was still breathing. Why did he have to flip his coin on the doctor? I did not understand that. Secondly, Batman states it has been a long time since Two Face went into hiding. It has been 16 months our time in the same title so less time than that in comics. Also, no call back to his previous arc. I like continuity and character building. It seemed relevant since Two Face is supposed to be at odds with himself. Also, this is the third cult Tomadi has set Batman up against. I will finish the arc which seems to be wrapped up with Joker interfering then may bow out. Looks like wrapping up Mrs. Freeze's story and making timeline sense of Arkham Knight who is still at large will not happen especially with 5G still in effect.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #1460
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Oh look, with Didio gone and the 5G relaunch scaled back, Green Lantern Season Two will now put out it's intended 12 issues.

https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...-liam-sharp%2F

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman