The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
87tmntfan
Random Punk

tmnt adventures

Hey guys I am thinking on collecting the Archie tmnt adventure comics.
I see that they have some reprinted books vol1-8 as of now. Are the planing on releasing all the 72 issues ?
Or should I try to find the individual comics .are they still avalible somwherre??
Thanks
87tmntfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87tmntfan View Post
Hey guys I am thinking on collecting the Archie tmnt adventure comics.
I see that they have some reprinted books vol1-8 as of now. Are the planing on releasing all the 72 issues ?
Or should I try to find the individual comics .are they still avalible somwherre??
Thanks
As far as I know they plan to do the whole series, they're in the 30's now. If you want the singles I know mycomicshop.com has quite a few and also ebay has some lots for sale. They're out there if you want them bad enough. Some can be a bit pricey so be forewarned.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

yea, pretty sure they are going to continue to print the TPB volumes.. kind of sucks though, bc A.the reprints arent that great looking and B.(whats more of an issue for me) you're paying like $15 a book for 3-5 issues.. with them being in issue 30some at volume 8, and 72 total to collect, you could see how that would get pricey.. youre talking at least $200.

I would love for them the reprint like10-12 issue deluxe volumes at $25 a piece or even better all 72 in a collected book for like $100. Definitely would sell as there are fans of the Archie series, but who knows if either of that will ever happen.
tfranzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

I haven't been able to pick any of the TMNTA reprints up yet ($), but I want that series collected somehow. There are still issues I haven't read, but it was the comic that made me love comics as a kid. But the cost-to-comic ratio of the current TPBs is keeping me from grabbing them. Maybe later if I have more money someday I'll nab the current printings if that's all that's available. What they need to do is give the series the omnibus treatment. Something like:

Vol 1: the original mini-series and early main run up through the Final Battle in #13 (16 issues)
Vol 2: the Null/Maligna story and the Mutanimals mini-series, return to NY stories, up to #27 (16 issues)
Vol 3: Warrior Dragon trilogy, world tour arc, UWSDWF crossover, up to #41 (14 issues)
Vol 4: Future Shark Trilogy, Black Hole Trilogy, Terracide, up to #57 (15 issues)
Vol 5: Blind Sight, Dreamland, Moon Eyes Saga, to final issue at #72 (14 issues)

Do it along those lines and I'll be more anxious to buy the set.

Last edited by Joey Kamikaze; 08-22-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote