The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2024, 10:26 AM   #161
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Turtles should be over 20 I think, not late teens. We've gone through quite a few Christmas issue.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:39 AM   #162
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Quote:
The Turtles will now be featured in their late teens and dealing with the emotional toll of their past adventures, marking a significant change to their 'teenage' status, especially when compred to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem.

Jason Aaron Promises Older, Less Self-Assured Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The TMNT are still unified, they’ve just been changed by their experiences, and they’ve matured with age, as Aaron makes it clear that these Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are “still teens, but they’re definitely in their later teens”.
Here is what Aaron said
Old 03-29-2024, 12:40 PM   #163
Turtle Soup
Thug

When does this relaunch actually start?
Edit: June.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:21 PM   #164
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Turtles should be over 20 I think, not late teens. We've gone through quite a few Christmas issue.
I still doubt time works like that in IDW. i.e., like Marvel and DC and not Mirage. I'm sure there's been like 50 or more Christmases seen in Batman comics... that doesn't mean Batman is 100.

Though if the Turtles DID become adults, I liked Image's plan that we never got to see where the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" logo would remain the same but then there would be a big "X" over the "Teenage."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:41 PM   #165
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind seeing the title being changed to just “Ninja Turtles “ or “TMNT“ like Peter Laird’s Volume 4 where the Turtles in their mid-thirties.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:44 PM   #166
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
To be honest, I wouldn’t mind seeing the title being changed to just “Ninja Turtles “ or “TMNT“ like Peter Laird’s Volume 4 where the Turtles in their mid-thirties.
Ideally, I've always liked the idea of the TMNT 1-3 movie title font but just "NINJA TURTLES."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 04:21 PM   #167
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ideally, I've always liked the idea of the TMNT 1-3 movie title font but just "NINJA TURTLES."
Personally, if we ever got a “Steve Barron Cut” of the 1990 film, I’d like to see the title card changed to the style of the black and white Mirage comics out of fidelity to the source material of which it was based on.

And maybe digitally fix some of the visual aspects like where you can see Donatello’s performer’s mouth when he’s laughing or Raphael when he’s yelling “Splinter!” on top of the barn in Michelangelo’s body, and remove the cartoony sound effects during the fight at April’s Second Time Around shop and apartment.

I’d watch that instead of whatever dreck that Seth Rogan produces. And I would think that it would be relatively cheap compared to the Snyder Cut of Justice League.

#stevebarroncut

ETA: Yay! 100 post! I’ve survived the first round of the Technodromes forum’s version of the Hunger Games!

Last edited by Stu_Padasso; 03-29-2024 at 10:23 PM.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote