The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #61
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

For some odd reason I completely overlooked TMNT Vol. 1 #37 "Twilight of the Ring". I even included its prologue story from Turtle Soup Vol. 2 #1 "The Ring".

I added it to the timeline and shifted "The Ring" down to the proper place.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:15 AM   #62
Scandia
Mad Scientist

For such a small comics company, Mirage sure has released A LOT of series.

Anyhow, in "Credo", Donatello states that it is now 1987 and that he is 16 years old. Whether he just turned 16 or whether he will be turning 17 later in the year it is not said. I am assuming Donatello is the second oldest Turtle.
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #63
Chris
Mad Scientist

I think the Credo date is inaccurate. I can't be sure and you'd need to ask Murphy or Laird for confirmation, but here's why;

In Tales Vol. 2 #1 it states the TMNT are 12 in 1981. This means the age timeline is;

1981 - 11/12 or 12/13
1982 - 12/13 or 13/14
1883 - 13/14 or 14/15
1984 - 14/15 or 15/16
1985 - 15/16 or 16/17
1986 - 16/17 or 17/18
1987 - 17/18 or 18/19

Since Murphy was (I believe) writing that age/date based on Laird's official timeline I'd say that the age of 12 in 1981 is correct over the age of 16 in 1987. But like I said that's not been officially confirmed (though I think the age of 11/12 in 1981 best matches up with the flow of events and Shadow's age later in Tales Vol. 2 but I'd have to check when I reach that point in my detailed timeline) and probably won't be unless someone asks Murphy in a letter col or if he posts in this thread to clear it up.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Should include Dan Berger's Digital Webbing tale (which almost certainly takes place between Vol. 1 #1 and #10). Also Muscle & Faith.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:06 AM   #65
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Managed to find a copy of Fist of Justice #24 so I could check the Digital Webbing story for myself (cost me $7 bucks, too!).

It's hard to tell what sewer era this takes place in. Could be between Vol. 1 #1-2 or it could be Post Return to New York. It likely isn't "Vol. 3" since the Foot aren't supposed to be their enemies anymore (though as Tales Vol. 2 has proven they HAVE had some encounters with rogue Foot Soldiers).

It's a toss-up, but I'd put it in the Post Return to New York era. It can go either way, though.

Also, BEAUTIFUL story. Some of the best computer coloring I've ever seen.

As for Muscle & Faith, I *still* haven't gotten around to reading it. Gonna do that soon, though.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #66
Scandia
Mad Scientist

I just read "Loops" today. While it can be placed in any of those four points, it does show the most from the 8 year old Leo. So definitely leave it in the "Toddler Turtles" section.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #67
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Alright, got around to reading Muscle and Faith.

I stuck it next to North by Downeast as the structure of both stories were very similar and the two compliment one another rather well.

The wrap-around features the Turtles living in the sewer long after they'd met Casey, but with Splinter still alive. The ACTUAL story, though, is read from Sister Sally's diary and feature a Casey solo adventure. In that regard, it's similar to North by Downeast (Turtles living in sewer during the wrap-around, though the actual story is a Casey solo adventure which takes place earlier in the timeline).

I think it fits in there pretty well.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
It's a toss-up, but I'd put it in the Post Return to New York era.
Why? (just out of curiosity)
Old 06-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #69
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Mostly becaue its a toss-up and I just picked one.

But it seemed to fit with other stories like "Kung Fu Theater" which had the TMNT meeting up with random remnants of the Foot Clan and kicking their butts with ease. It seemed to fit with the idea that following the death of the Clone Shredder the stragglers of the Foot Clan were left weak and unorganized. I think a story where Raph single-handedly crushes a unit of Foot Soldiers while getting Chinese take-out displays that concept perfectly.

It could fit in between Vol. 1 #1 and 2, but I feel wary of trying to shoe horn stories around there for some reason.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Mostly becaue its a toss-up and I just picked one.

But it seemed to fit with other stories like "Kung Fu Theater" which had the TMNT meeting up with random remnants of the Foot Clan and kicking their butts with ease. It seemed to fit with the idea that following the death of the Clone Shredder the stragglers of the Foot Clan were left weak and unorganized. I think a story where Raph single-handedly crushes a unit of Foot Soldiers while getting Chinese take-out displays that concept perfectly.

It could fit in between Vol. 1 #1 and 2, but I feel wary of trying to shoe horn stories around there for some reason.
Though there's been stories with this or that beyond it with the Foot, I think for any shoehorning of Turtles-fighting-Foot stories, probably the best default would be pre-City at War/pre-Truce.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #71
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though there's been stories with this or that beyond it with the Foot, I think for any shoehorning of Turtles-fighting-Foot stories, probably the best default would be pre-City at War/pre-Truce.
Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. It could, of course, take place just about any time between Post RTNY/Pre CAW, but like I said, it reminded me of Kung Fu Theater a bit so I stuck it by that one.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #72
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

*scrubbed by user for notes being out of date*

Last edited by DrSpengler; 01-04-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:00 AM   #73
Scandia
Mad Scientist

Just bumping up this thread, since you have no idea how useful it has been to me.

It is also interesting to compare where each story was placed in the original Mirage comics vs. the 2k3 cartoon. Amazing how both seem to work out quite well.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:12 AM   #74
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
*"The Pantheon" from Tales Vol. 2 #35 took some thinking. Splinter doesn't recognize the Rat King at all. But then, he doesn't recognize him when they meet in City at War. This can be explained in that its possible Splinter's memories of his first encounter with the Rat King and the Pantheon went fuzzy after he returned to the physical world. Now, this has to take place before the TMNT meet the Rat King at the old factory, too. For one thing, Rat King is still alive and he isn't nuts. I took it as this, after Splinter beat him, the Pantheon returned Rat King to Earth where he went nuts and eventually died after meeting the TMNT. So that means, since Splinter is living in the sewers and this takes place before Tales Vol. 1 #4, it happened before Vol. 1 #1. How long before Vol. 1 #1 is uncertain.
I also read this one as being a pre-TMNT Vol. 1 #1, also pre-Tales Vol.2 #1, using pretty much the same reasoning you've put forward here. You could read it either way, putting it anywhere from the very beginning to Tales Vol.1 #4, but it certainly makes sense having it before everything else.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #75
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, I FINALLY got my copy of Challenges in the mail today. Fantastic book, btw. I especially liked Leo's tale (heh, "Barry Manilow fanclub").

I placed it in the Post RTNY era but specifically between Twilight of the Ring and Juliet's Revenge because it was published in 1991 concurrently with those issues. In reality, like a lot of the stories from that era, it could fit in just about anywhere during that time period.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #76
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Okay, so its now been updated with Tales #36 and Bad Moon Rising #1.

I placed Bad Moon Rising before Paris Nocturne for the monet since it says its a direct follow-up to Darkness Weaves. But if vampire reference to Paris Nocturne show up in the book I'll be sure to move it.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #77
Scandia
Mad Scientist

I have a small question:

In Mirage Volume 1 Number 8 "Team up with Cerebus", Renet travels to the year 1986. But in Credo, Donatello says it is February 1987. So shouldn't this one go first?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #78
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
I have a small question:

In Mirage Volume 1 Number 8 "Team up with Cerebus", Renet travels to the year 1986. But in Credo, Donatello says it is February 1987. So shouldn't this one go first?
You're right! I had forgotten they'd mentioned the year in Vol. 1 #8. So I bumped Credo ahead accordingly.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #79
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Damn, where is Credo again? I know I jsut read it too lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #80
Scandia
Mad Scientist

"Credo" is in Tales Volume 2 Number 33.