The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 07:36 AM   #2261
TCRI
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
I know alot of fans don’t care for the Danny figure, but I got it just to complete my collection, only wish that the scale was better
Because I'm too scared to mod/custom the figure... I just pulled the head slightly up off the neck peg. Only adds 2mm height, but the longer neck makes him look slightly less like a child, more teenage.

It's barely worth doing But it is a slight improvement
Old 02-04-2023, 09:37 AM   #2262
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Not only has it basically been confirmed by Randy twice on Twitter, but there was even a photo going around of some sculpting where you can see one of the samurai helmets from TMNT III in the background.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fa-s_hJWIAAzzxy?format=jpg

My hope is that they're in full honor guard gear instead of only just wearing the helmets like the VHS was. I know that's usually NECA's gimmick with the four-pack to model after the VHS box art ... but maybe for this one, they can go the movie poster route with them on the horses. Haha.

I think you could see honor guard GEAR in the photo next to the helmets as well.
Ah so they are planning on it. I say I won’t get them now, but I might cave in when the time comes. Still been on the fence about the Shells Tour turtles. Wasn’t a fan of those designs, but the figures look good for what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post
Because I'm too scared to mod/custom the figure... I just pulled the head slightly up off the neck peg. Only adds 2mm height, but the longer neck makes him look slightly less like a child, more teenage.

It's barely worth doing But it is a slight improvement
I’m too scared too even open my NECA movie figures, cause I’m afraid of accidentally snapping the joints! After my toon Bebop leg joint snapped by me trying to pose it. I hear there’s some way to heat up the joints and loosen them so it’s not so brittle. Gotta do some more research on that before I open mine, although they look so grand in the movie packaging, almost wanna just leave them in package.

As for Danny, even swapping his head to a taller body wouldn’t work, cause the head would look to small. Maybe if someone has a 3D printer they could enlarge the whole figure just a bit so he scales better. I would attempt some kind of mod or custom if I ever have time for it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 11:43 AM   #2263
oldmanwinters
Overlord

For as much as I expect my Battle-Damaged Shredder order to be cancelled by Wal-Mart, they haven't given up on it yet. Tuesday morning, they actually sent me an automated text message saying "Sorry! Your Walmart shipment is delayed. We'll alert you as soon as your order is on the way."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 03:35 AM   #2264
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Received mail this afternoon from neca saying my stuff is being shipped now (t+r, soto accessories, soto 4p tmnt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
Fingers crossed that means I'll receive a notification in the coming days as well!

UPDATE: Just received shipment notification! Yay!
Finally! They arrived about an hour ago Took them almost full 4 weeks to get it shipped, but yeah the package was sent from Neca, Hillside, NJ - the package slip says candlewood RD, Bayshore, NY
Going to post some pictures later

I'm just surprised that the delivery guy did not ask me for paying any import fees and the regular stuff. Not that I'm complaining, just trying to express my happiness by surprise
Old 02-14-2023, 08:33 AM   #2265
Meow
Stone Warrior

package opened:
Spoiler:

2020 vs 2022:
Spoiler:

soto 4pack + soto accessory pack:
Spoiler:

I haven't opened the accessory pack at all yet and won't until the moment has come. The others also stay unopened for a while but they have a clear front display (T+R) or have a sliding case (soto tmnt 4 pack) so photos could be taken.

However, the skin color on tokka is SO off on the 2022 one. It looks more like a brownish color and seems a little shiny to me while the 2020 one has a more greenish skin color and is almost 0 shiny. Can't see any color differences so far on rhazar - which I find really strange why they changed the color composition +facepalm+
Old 02-14-2023, 11:37 AM   #2266
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
For as much as I expect my Battle-Damaged Shredder order to be cancelled by Wal-Mart, they haven't given up on it yet. Tuesday morning, they actually sent me an automated text message saying "Sorry! Your Walmart shipment is delayed. We'll alert you as soon as your order is on the way."
definitely getting the casey april farm 2 pack vibes with this one, was never supposed to go up, preorder sat for months, then eventually cancelled
Old 02-14-2023, 02:15 PM   #2267
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
definitely getting the casey april farm 2 pack vibes with this one, was never supposed to go up, preorder sat for months, then eventually cancelled
Yeah, I think that order might have even got as far as being listed as "Preparing to Ship" on the WalMart website. Don't remember if I ever saw that set listed again... just happened to find one at a local store a few months after the cancellation.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-14-2023, 08:54 PM   #2268
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, I think that order might have even got as far as being listed as "Preparing to Ship" on the WalMart website. Don't remember if I ever saw that set listed again... just happened to find one at a local store a few months after the cancellation.
Yeah, those were cancelled but went back up online later at the new retail price of $59.99 if I recall correctly. I finally got the "delayed" notice for my battle damaged Shredder so I bet this will turn out the same way. I also got a delayed notice for giant Mikey... Oh Walmart...
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 11:22 AM   #2269
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

It is April, I hope we get an announcement that NECA got likeness rights for a Paige Turco figure.

Old 04-19-2023, 11:56 AM   #2270
mikey0
Foot Elite

The side panel to the box for Keno: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...Cx0bf-suEtAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 01:30 PM   #2271
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It is April, I hope we get an announcement that NECA got likeness rights for a Paige Turco figure.
Instead of the highly coveted Ultimate Toon April announcement?! Blasphemy! Gasp!

I have a feeling Paige Turco April and Samurai Turtles will be launched in 2024.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:27 AM   #2272
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Judith Hoag teased something else coming today, so I'm assuming there's another movie April coming, but I'm not sure what version they could do that they'd save the reveal for AFTER the updated 'toon April.

EDIT: It's a figure of Judith cosplaying as 'toon/toy April. Not for me, but cool for those who want it.

Last edited by Y2Josh; 04-25-2023 at 11:20 AM.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:28 AM   #2273
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 04-25-2023, 11:33 AM   #2274
Dask
Mad Scientist

Definitely great to see this "what if" concept design come to fruition.

I hope the arcade pack in is part of the general release and not some sort of hard-to-get collector's item.

It looks even more likely that Tempestra will be packed in with an arcade unit.

Based on the arcade deco, don't be surprised if Pizza Face will receive the FW treatment for the Toon line.

Last edited by Dask; 04-25-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:43 AM   #2275
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

This was their big reveal? Movie April dressed as yellow jumpsuit cartoon April? That makes no sense and I remember reading in some interview that Judith Hoag hated that design and refused to wear yellow jumpsuit in the movie. But I guess they gotta make that money while they have the likeness rights. Might as well make a Movie Shredder with gray shirt and purple cape.

I’m surprised they’re going this route before we get a Tatsu figure. Why make something that wasn’t even in the movies? Just like the NECA Universal Monsters Movie TMNT line, I’ll have to skip this one.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:03 PM   #2276
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This was their big reveal? Movie April dressed as yellow jumpsuit cartoon April? That makes no sense and I remember reading in some interview that Judith Hoag hated that design and refused to wear yellow jumpsuit in the movie. But I guess they gotta make that money while they have the likeness rights. Might as well make a Movie Shredder with gray shirt and purple cape.

I’m surprised they’re going this route before we get a Tatsu figure. Why make something that wasn’t even in the movies? Just like the NECA Universal Monsters Movie TMNT line, I’ll have to skip this one.
No! Did you miss it?

The big reveal was Ultimate Toon April:

https://toynewsi.com/139-47236

I know that you were expecting Paige Turco April, but most people weren't. I don't expect any TMNT III news until well into 2024.

P.S: Judith Hoag didn't hate the idea of the yellow jumpsuit, but just how it was executed for the film. It was painted on and body-hugging and rather uncomfortable.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:12 PM   #2277
Hans Flying Turtlenecker
Thug

There's a small TMNT III teaser in Blains background. The Time Scepter.
Hans Flying Turtlenecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 01:10 PM   #2278
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Now I'm wondering if we'll ever get Data East-style "Pinball April."

View my sketch work!
Old 04-25-2023, 03:09 PM   #2279
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Thought I'd be way into this, but as I look at it, I kinda see maybe why they didn't go this route for the film. I'm not saying that I'm out, but I need to see more (and clearer) images of the final product and accessories. It's a neat idea for sure, but it kind of looks like our gal Judith got stuck doing some community service cleaning up trash on the side of the road...

Just one man's thoughts.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #2280
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Thought I'd be way into this, but as I look at it, I kinda see maybe why they didn't go this route for the film. I'm not saying that I'm out, but I need to see more (and clearer) images of the final product and accessories. It's a neat idea for sure, but it kind of looks like our gal Judith got stuck doing some community service cleaning up trash on the side of the road...

Just one man's thoughts.
Apparently, the figure shown today is the 2nd draft mock-up, and that the body proportions will be reworked with "more curves."

View my sketch work!