The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #101
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Myanmar’s Buddhist terrorism problem

Hindu Terror Does Exist, They Indulge Only In Violence These Days: Kamal Haasan

No religion has a copyright on violence.
People will always seek to legitimize their supremacy over others by pretending their beliefs as the will of some god or another.

What's scarier are the people who actually believe it.

As someone who actually lives on the East Coast, and who spent the entirety of 9/11 under Code Triage, I can assure you...we weren't nearly as scared as folks who were much farther afield.
It was interesting to watch as the talking heads who made bank off the notion that Coastal Elites weren't really American did a complete 180 after the attacks.

We weren't really all that scared after the Marathon Bombing either.
Big Papi said it best.

The issue, from where I'm standing, is that prior to that day in September, most of America was very happy to turn a blind eye to the dumpster fire that was/is American Foreign Policy. And then the towers fell, and folks were disillusioned and confused, and it's easy to turn those kinds of emotions into anger. And what you get then is Homeland Security.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 03-13-2018 at 09:33 PM.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:00 AM   #102
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Myanmar’s Buddhist terrorism problem

Hindu Terror Does Exist, They Indulge Only In Violence These Days: Kamal Haasan

No religion has a copyright on violence.
People will always seek to legitimize their supremacy over others by pretending their beliefs as the will of some god or another.

What's scarier are the people who actually believe it.
Again though... I'm talking about statistically is there any other religion currently that rivals Islamic terrorism in terms of their numbers of violence and their frequency? The biggest terrorist attacks are dominated by Islamic extremism. ...Year (2018), before that year (2017), before that year(2016), before that year (2015), before that year(Early 2014 and Late 2014)...

Here in the United States and other Western countries, they are so politically correct to accommodate Islamic beliefs, and bend over backwards to not offend, but in nearly all Muslim-majority countries, they are the most intolerable places for people (lack of freedom of speech, lack of freedom of the press, religious minority persecution, retaliation against apostasy, lack of women's rights, lack of LGBT rights) which have harsh repercussions if they challenge their societal norms, with even corporal or capital punishment. Apparently there's cumulative hypocrisy and a lack of self-reflection when the Islamic population as a whole demands the rest the world's population to be tolerant of their beliefs, but yet they can remain the most brutally intolerant and retaliatory toward others' lifestyles within their own Muslim-majority countries.

It's funny how the left brings up the topic of "moderate Muslims" as a counterpoint of not all Muslims engaging in terror, but how politically "moderate" are Muslims in general compared to the rest of the world?

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 03-14-2018 at 04:21 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:01 AM   #103
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I do have a kid that I raised thanks.

And family in New York

And family who was a flight attendant who regularly flew out of Boston who we couldn’t find that day.

And I’ve lived in rough neighborhoods.

I still am not scared and if today is my day to die I’m ok. I don’t fear death anymore. And I don’t fear people who look or believe differently than I do.

I’ve had and have neighbors of all races, colors, beliefs, and backgrounds. Not many jerks among them. All super nice people who want to live peacefully. I can’t judge those people based on what some deranged idiots do.

If you are afraid of terrorists every day, the 9/11 guys won in your world. Period full stop. If you think all Muslims are out to get you, you are following their script perfectly and they won over you.

If you didn’t let the fear overtake you and live your life happily and peacefully, you won.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:13 AM   #104
plastroncafe

Hey can you transcribe those videos for me? I know the people who make them earn money for every click, and I'd rather not subsidize their bigotry.

I'll wait.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #105
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Hey can you transcribe those videos for me? I know the people who make them earn money for every click, and I'd rather not subsidize their bigotry.

I'll wait.
Brown people are scary and any religion that isn't Mainstream American Christianity is out to get you.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #106
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Guess that means I'm still pretty scary and must be out to get people too. I mean, all that nekkid dancing in the woods under a full moon, circle-drumming, and the usual "cakes and ale"(I actually prefer mead or wine) on sabbat days, meditating , and burning candles and incense must be SUPER E-vil, right? But, I guess anything different MUST be bad. Says so right in the manual.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:05 AM   #107
Prowler
Emperor

Even if in Europe you're statistically more likely to die from a terrorist attack committed by a radical Muslim than by a fundamentalist of any other religion let's keep in mind that there's about billion Muslims in the world and most don't go around committing terror attacks. I understand Refractive Reflections' point, but literally anyone of any nationality, religion, wtv. can be a potential danger to you, so it's best not to just focus on a single one. When I walk around in my city occasionally I see shady people: juvenile delinquents, alcoholics, junkies, etc. And they come in all shapes and colours. White, black, gypsy, etc.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:10 AM   #108
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I do have a kid that I raised thanks.

And family in New York

And family who was a flight attendant who regularly flew out of Boston who we couldn’t find that day.

And I’ve lived in rough neighborhoods.

I still am not scared and if today is my day to die I’m ok. I don’t fear death anymore. And I don’t fear people who look or believe differently than I do.

I’ve had and have neighbors of all races, colors, beliefs, and backgrounds. Not many jerks among them. All super nice people who want to live peacefully. I can’t judge those people based on what some deranged idiots do.

If you are afraid of terrorists every day, the 9/11 guys won in your world. Period full stop. If you think all Muslims are out to get you, you are following their script perfectly and they won over you.

If you didn’t let the fear overtake you and live your life happily and peacefully, you won.
Yes, because the safety of society depends upon you only right? That sure is a lot of "I"s, but then again I know virtue signaling is important to you here in your arguments.

Quote:
I'll wait.
I think the bigger question, is if you actually have a genuine interest on the matter, or this is just thinly veiled sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Brown people are scary and any religion that isn't Mainstream American Christianity is out to get you.
Privileged Western social justice ignorance at its finest.... as if Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, other religions, and non-religious (i.e. atheists/agnostics) haven't experienced Islamic terrorism throughout Asia and Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Guess that means I'm still pretty scary and must be out to get people too. I mean, all that nekkid dancing in the woods under a full moon, circle-drumming, and the usual "cakes and ale"(I actually prefer mead or wine) on sabbat days, meditating , and burning candles and incense must be SUPER E-vil, right? But, I guess anything different MUST be bad. Says so right in the manual.....
So we're just gonna ignore statistics, like some here on the thread? But that's okay, if math isn't your strong suit here. Feelings and superficial appearances are what's important only and not statistical facts, right? Then again, I'm not surprised, as your argument equates your eccentric, non-harming spiritual practices on the same plane as a current culture who feels morally justified for sanctioned violence against individuals, such as yourself, for pursuing anything spiritual outside of Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Even if in Europe you're statistically more likely to die from a terrorist attack committed by a radical Muslim than by a fundamentalist of any other religion let's keep in mind that there's about billion Muslims in the world and most don't go around committing terror attacks. I understand Refractive Reflections' point, but literally anyone of any nationality, religion, wtv. can be a potential danger to you, so it's best not to just focus on a single one. When I walk around in my city occasionally I see shady people: juvenile delinquents, alcoholics, junkies, etc. And they come in all shapes and colours. White, black, gypsy, etc.
Thank you for at least addressing the statistics aspect of my argument as many here want to solely virtue signal. But the bigger issue here is, is the culture and ideology of current Islamic culture. You have governments and cultures who believe that apostasy, homosexuality, adultery, and blasphemy are considered acceptable reasons for social, and legally sanctioned violence, and believe that oppression against women is morally (& legally) justifiable! This is what the videos were presenting, and why Islam needs a reformation of sorts.

Is it no surprise that from this harsh culture that there are bound to be individuals from this culture, who feel morally justified to commit acts of terror as they see the rest of the world not complying to their form of living? This is what Ayaan Hirsi Ali was alluding to. It's even more alarming when one sees the disproportionate statistics of how prevalent Islamic terrorism is compared to other forms of terrorism, as my last post linking the statistics presented. If Christianity (being the most popular religion, as Islam is the second most) had the same, or exceeded (to have same proportion for its larger population) the prevalence and casualty toll as Islamic terrorism, would the world still be so politically correct about it, and be so dismissive?

Why is it with Western culture, it's so socially acceptable to criticize Christianity and even Judaism to a degree? ...But why not Islam, when these mostly Islamic countries have far greater Human Rights violations?

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 04-25-2018 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:02 AM   #109
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I know right, like you don't even know what is going to be argued in the video you've never watched, yet you're hesitant to watch it because it could potentially be funding people with opposing views? Ridiculous. Not like adblock isn't a thing. Heck, PragerU even provides transcripts in the descriptions of their videos.
She could easily use www.hooktube.com if she was so concerned about views and interested in the topic. But oh well...

Quote:
There is not a shadow of doubt about the fact that no religion in our modern day and age has followers willing to Kill as much as Islam. And I'm saying that as someone from a Muslim family coming from a Muslim country who has actually seen the situation first hand. Many of the decent ones who immigrate to Western nations do so in order to escape the wrath of the Extremist Mullahs back home who chant death at things as meager as drawings of the Prophet Muhammad.
Some of the people here on these forums are privileged secure Westerners, who don't have a clue of the freedoms they have (i.e. religion, women's rights, etc.) unless they have visited, lived with, or had family members there. ...And their virtue signaling ignorance is so evident of that. I guess those persecuted minority refugees who flee those harsh countries, just haven't tried enough to withstand all that terrorism and persecution like some of these members are preaching to us. Maybe they could tell Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a thing or two about tolerance!

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 04-25-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #110
plastroncafe

Quote:
I know right, like you don't even know what is going to be argued in the video you've never watched, yet you're hesitant to watch it because it could potentially be funding people with opposing views? Ridiculous. Not like adblock isn't a thing. Heck, PragerU even provides transcripts in the descriptions of their videos.
Don't I though? I know who posted the link in the first place, I know what their political agenda is, it doesn't take a huge leap in logic to make an educated inference.

And yes, I like to vote with my dollar.
So actually yes, I would legitimately be interested in reading a transcript of the video in question. Especially at that transcript comes with citations which most of these videos do not.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #111
plastroncafe

Wow, is there anything else I know or don't know that I should know about? You appear to be an expert.

I actually don't know where to find a transcript for these videos. Which is why I was asking for one. inclusive YouTube videos provide a transcript within the description of the video themselves. But you see I'd have to click the link to get to that page, which would earn the people who run the page more money that I don't want to contribute in them obtaining.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-25-2018, 07:31 AM   #112
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
But you see I'd have to click the link to get to that page, which would earn the people who run the page more money that I don't want to contribute in them obtaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
She could easily use www.hooktube.com if she was so concerned about views and interested in the topic. But oh well...
Or this if that doesn't work (assuming you use the most superior browser on the planet )

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cmffbncb?hl=en

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:48 AM   #113
plastroncafe

Hooktube. Cool.
Thanks for the rec.

Update.
That site is awesome, but it doesn't appear to offer a transcript service.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #114
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Yes, because the safety of society depends upon you only right? That sure is a lot of "I"s, but then again I know virtue signaling is important to you here in your arguments.

I think the bigger question, is if you actually have a genuine interest on the matter, or this is just thinly veiled sarcasm.

Privileged Western social justice ignorance at its finest.... as if Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, other religions, and non-religious (i.e. atheists/agnostics) haven't experienced Islamic terrorism throughout Asia and Africa.

So we're just gonna ignore statistics, like some here on the thread? But that's okay, if math isn't your strong suit here. Feelings and superficial appearances are what's important only and not statistical facts, right? Then again, I'm not surprised, as your argument equates your eccentric, non-harming spiritual practices on the same plane as a current culture who feels morally justified for sanctioned violence against individuals, such as yourself, for pursuing anything spiritual outside of Islam.

Is it no surprise that from this harsh culture that there are bound to be individuals from this culture, who feel morally justified to commit acts of terror as they see the rest of the world not complying to their form of living? This is what Ayaan Hirsi Ali was alluding to. It's even more alarming when one sees the disproportionate statistics of how prevalent Islamic terrorism is compared to other forms of terrorism, as my last post linking the statistics presented. If Christianity (being the most popular religion, as Islam is the second most) had the same, or exceeded (to have same proportion for its larger population) the prevalence and casualty toll as Islamic terrorism, would the world still be so politically correct about it, and be so dismissive?

Why is it with Western culture, it's so socially acceptable to criticize Christianity and even Judaism to a degree? ...But why not Islam, when these mostly Islamic countries have far greater Human Rights violations?

I think you totally misunderstood my point. Speaking as someone who is also part of a very misunderstood religion that has been persecuted for CENTURIES, I was responding to Cylons' comment about how people who practice anything "different" MUST therefore be bad. It was a rather obvious (and sarcastic)soicial commentary on the stuppidity of that kind of mindset. Are you the only one who didn't get that?

Thought if tou really want to talk about statistics, how about the millions of gypsies persecuted or killed by Germany in WWII? I have a few ancestors among those people.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #115
Prowler
Emperor

18 years ago today. Wow, someone born on that day is now an adult. Surreal.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:54 PM   #116
Mario500
Thug

I had found a certain article about the calendar date for this past Wednesday (the eleventh day of September) at the World Wide Web address below this paragraph to had been very interesting since I had always believed that date should not be treated negatively or used in referencing a certain series of events (involving attacks in certain cities) that occurred upon that date in a past calendar year (2001) without the year itself: 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/eric-zorn/ct-column-sept11-date-infamous-dates-american-history-zorn-20190911-qr234xvb7bdctmhob66346pkcy-story.html

I had also wanted to share a certain poem of mine related to the negative ways I had mentioned in the first paragraph of this message:

"Something More"

Prologue: Let this calendar date be an ordinary calendar date (like every other calendar date) and not a date for being somber.

Let this calendar date be something more; something more, something new. Let it be something more; something grand, something loose.

Let this calendar date be free; free to roam, free to be different. Let it be something more; other than to be old, other than to be indifferent.

Let every calendar date be something more; something more, nothing less.
Mario500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:52 PM   #117
Prowler
Emperor

Soon it will mark 20 years since it happened.

You can almost measure the passage of time with 9/11.

Tags
mrmagaczaps