The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 06:41 AM   #341
Sumac
Banned

Actually Out of Shadows is removed from Steam as well.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #342
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I get the impression they're talking about Mutants In Manhattan, (though I don't think anyone brought it up...) 'cause that TMNT game did get pulled from Steam & received a lukewarm response.
Yeah, I think this person was confused about the thread. However, it's still so crazy that it got pulled not even a year into it's lifespan from the digital stores. Hopefully Activision has lost the license completely and we can see bluer skies ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I’ve been playing with these guys for the last couple hours...

Wow. What a treat. From the dialogue and the voices to the look and the move set, rarely do we see such love put into our boys. And with respect to IDW and Nickelodeon, rarely do they feel this authentic.

It appears that the developers even made attempts to flesh out unique aspects to this tmnt universe. I’ve noticed that when Leonardo wins a fight, he will mention Splinter, before a little rat scurries on screen to acknowledge Leo as they bow to each other. Could Splinter be communicating with the turtles through common rats? Very cool.

I hesitate to over set expectations, but as a lifelong fan of the TMNT, I really do consider this a treat. Anyone with interest should check it out. It sits alongside the IDW 30th anniversary issue and Neca 1990 movie figures as my favorite TMNT product since the buyout.

Recommended.
100% agree with you. I was completely hyped from the trailer and it's lived up beyond my expectations. My brother and I have been die hard TMNT fans for as long as we can remember and it's stuff like this that just keeps the fire going too.

So far I've got them to Level 15 and I've played around 80+ matches with them. They're already my most played characters and Raphael is my hero card now too.

For those of us with a favorite Turtle, how often do you find yourself sticking to one? I can't really part with Raphael, much like my brother with Michelangelo.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #343
Avenger
Thug

I have Injustice 2 on PS4, and I still can't buy the Turtles alone. There not available.

I have to buy the pack at 27$ if I want to play with the Turtles. (with Atom and Enchanteress)

I found out on internet I have to wait a week before purchasing them separately from the pack. (so... Feb 20)

I hope that's true. Every other character is purchasable alone, so it would be a shame if the turtles get a different treatment.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #344
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I have Injustice 2 on PS4, and I still can't buy the Turtles alone. There not available.

I have to buy the pack at 27$ if I want to play with the Turtles. (with Atom and Enchanteress)

I found out on internet I have to wait a week before purchasing them separately from the pack. (so... Feb 20)

I hope that's true. Every other character is purchasable alone, so it would be a shame if the turtles get a different treatment.
Every character is available a week early for those who hold the season pass.

Turtles will be available for non-pass holders next Tuesday.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #345
Hardshell
Foot Soldier

For those interested in the game, it's currently on sale in the Playstation store. All versions are at least 50% off.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps.../1100-6456827/
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:20 PM   #346
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier

i've only got the turtles to level 5 so far but are there up-gradable gear items unlocked for them throughout the game?
Old 02-18-2018, 02:59 AM   #347
Shark_Blade
Emperor

^I found these, could be more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #348
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Kinda bummed there's no Mirage Black and White color scheme, but otherwise totally happy with how these guys turned out.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #349
AquaParade
Banned

What I find most interesting is how much I personally connect with this version of the Turtles compared to other recent versions. I actually think the IDW and Nickelodeon series are both really well done, but these feel like "my turtles" in a sense.

Probably not so dissimilar from what hardcore fans of Superman were feeling when DC rebirth brought back the pre-New 52 version of him. (Anyone familiar with that reference?)

So this sort of fascinates me and has me digging into my personal psyche to analyze what it is that really makes the turtles click for me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #350
Powder
So tired of this place

They're super generic & have terrible dialogue/voice acting. Maybe you're a masochist!

The more likely answer is they look like Henson & act like Fred Wolf, so your nostalgia nerve's been pinched.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #351
utromx
Thug

Quote:
What I find most interesting is how much I personally connect with this version of the Turtles compared to other recent versions. I actually think the IDW and Nickelodeon series are both really well done, but these feel like "my turtles" in a sense.

Probably not so dissimilar from what hardcore fans of Superman were feeling when DC rebirth brought back the pre-New 52 version of him. (Anyone familiar with that reference?)

So this sort of fascinates me and has me digging into my personal psyche to analyze what it is that really makes the turtles click for me.
I toatally agree with you. And it’s nice having the old boy scout back too.
utromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #352
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Completely agree. I think they work on every level for me personally and I just haven't been able to get enough of them from the game.

Finally got to Level 20 over the weekend too!
Old 02-21-2018, 04:26 AM   #353
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's out for everyone now.

https://twitter.com/injusticegame/st...77485967388672
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #354
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

I am very interested in this. However, I am unwilling at this point in time to spend $300+ on a PS4 or XBox One just for this game. Hope the rest of you enjoy it.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #355
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Of all Konami early 00-s games I liked only TMNT 2004. It was good, fun and had an atmosphere of the early 90-s beat'em ups.
Yeah I was surprised how much I enjoyed that game. The sequel, I can't even get through due to the controls not making any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Licensed games of kids shows/cartoons/comics basically moved to mobile phones these days, that's why you don't see too many licensed games on consoles anymore like two gens ago.
Licenced games were a dime a dozen back in the day because budgets were more manageable. I never really agreed with others that licenced games are generally bad. There are definitely some but for the most part there's always some to recommend a licenced game from being terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I get the impression they're talking about Mutants In Manhattan, (though I don't think anyone brought it up...) 'cause that TMNT game did get pulled from Steam & received a lukewarm response.
Huh? You might not be able to buy it over Steam but Amazon still sells Steam codes for the game.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #356
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yeah I was surprised how much I enjoyed that game. The sequel, I can't even get through due to the controls not making any sense.
Battlenexus was boring due to Konami trying to make more complicated game and add some stealth.
Enemies has more health and there is no more cool moments when you alone, beat the crap out of 4-5 enemies at the same time. As a result, gameplay is slow and unexciting, which is a crime for beat'em up and there are some levels, where you can skip fighting enemies entirely.
The only parts of the game I really liked were the music and Battlenexus mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Licenced games were a dime a dozen back in the day because budgets were more manageable. I never really agreed with others that licenced games are generally bad. There are definitely some but for the most part there's always some to recommend a licenced game from being terrible.
Sadly most licensed game were bad even back in the day. E.T. sort of started trend and had continued like that.
For every awesome TMNT or Bucky O'Hare you had sucky Terminator.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #357
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
I am very interested in this. However, I am unwilling at this point in time to spend $300+ on a PS4 or XBox One just for this game. Hope the rest of you enjoy it.
Don't you have a computer? Play it on that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #358
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't you have a computer? Play it on that.
Same problem really. My computer is way out of date with what's required to play(by about 6 years). Would probably be cheaper to get the Ps4 or Xbox One. Oh well...I'll focus on getting the trades for the time being. I'm a year behind on those anyway.

Last edited by biganimefan; 02-22-2018 at 07:31 PM.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:48 AM   #359
Ninjinister
無問題

Here's your "goty edition" you kids all wanted

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/injusti...?skuId=6212816
Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #360
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Here's your "goty edition" you kids all wanted

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/injusti...?skuId=6212816
Yep. I told you guys it was coming, and I knew that Ultimate Edition was a lie.

I'm glad I didn't but injustice 2 or the Turtles. I'm just buying the Legendary Edition and get them all.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injustice 2, peanut