The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #2721
daggio
Foot Soldier

Maybe this has been asked, but does TMNT co-exist with another IDW title in its universe sort of like how the Hasbro titles like Transformers and G.I. Joe exist in the same universe?
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:52 PM   #2722
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

It does not, no. You could make a case for it being in the same MULTIverse as other properties like Ghostbusters and Batman, but I think the answer to the question you're asking is no.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #2723
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
It does not, no. You could make a case for it being in the same MULTIverse as other properties like Ghostbusters and Batman, but I think the answer to the question you're asking is no.
Well you could argue that they exist on the X-files Universe, along with Transformers and Ghostbusters, but those don't exist on the TMNT universe right? Like, you have 2 TMNT universes, one where they co-exist with X-Files, Ghostbusters and the like and another where they're on their own. Or is that mini not canon to the X-Files comics?
Old 01-08-2019, 03:30 PM   #2724
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Well you could argue that they exist on the X-files Universe, along with Transformers and Ghostbusters, but those don't exist on the TMNT universe right? Like, you have 2 TMNT universes, one where they co-exist with X-Files, Ghostbusters and the like and another where they're on their own. Or is that mini not canon to the X-Files comics?
Spoiler:
"Conspiracy" not canon for all Universes. This world was destroyed.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #2725
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Thus far only Ghostbusters and Usagi Yojimbo have any confirmed connections with the main IDW TMNT series. The other cross-overs (X-Files, Batman/ Batman TAS, Lego, Megabloks & Playmates) have all been stated as non-canon for various reasons, some more obvious than others naturally.

Last edited by hypered1; 01-09-2019 at 03:29 PM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #2726
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Thus far only Ghostbusters and Usagi Yojimbo have any confirmed connections with the main IDW TMNT series. The other cross-overs (X-Files, Batman/ Batman TAS, Lego, Megabloks & Playmates) have all been stated as non-canon for various reasons, some more obvious than others naturally.
Oh I know it's not canon for the TMNT universe, I was wondering if it was canon for the X-Files one, but I guess it's not...
Old 01-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #2727
Thorneyeagle
Foot Soldier

I got the recommendation to submit this question here.

Is there any chance of an omnibus style release in the future for the TMNT ongoing/compendium series? With the series reaching the issue 100 milestone in the foreseeable future, could a 50-issue book be possible?
Thorneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 AM   #2728
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Maybe! No one has talked of anything like that though. Seems like the IDW Collections will be the closest to that.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #2729
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorneyeagle View Post
I got the recommendation to submit this question here.

Is there any chance of an omnibus style release in the future for the TMNT ongoing/compendium series? With the series reaching the issue 100 milestone in the foreseeable future, could a 50-issue book be possible?
It's an interesting thought but I think we'll have to see how far beyond #100 the series runs for to it be a viable option; as Bobby said the collections books are an excellent choice for now and I would add that those, like myself, who have purchased them wouldn't necessarily want to 'double-dip' with an omnibus edition like a newer reader possibly would.
All that being said Issue #100 is actually going to be the - mathematically - 200th issue in the collections editions (once you add all the minis, micros, macros, annuals, fcbd and crossover issues to the overall tally), so splitting them across 4 or 5 larger volumes could be easily done.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #2730
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Thank you IDW (Tom, Bobby, the artists) for making real pieces of art out of TMNT, my childhood passion!

Indiana Jones made me a historian and a traveller, Sherlock Holmes made me a detective, Turtles put a wish for a strong family into my heart and Ghostbusters made me not be afraid of any ghosts

Now please aquire Jurassic Park license and make a comic book adaptation out of the novels, the movies and the videogames. You've done it once with Ghostbusters! You could just take the plot from the first season of the cancelled Jurassic Park television series. Add some Xenozoic/Caddiclacs and Dinosaurs to it and you'll get your new big hit! Any plans on this? If you need a co-creator, send me a private message
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #2731
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We've done Jurassic Park comics in the past (some of the first comics I worked on as an assistant editor!). While I think most of our JP comics left a lot to be desired they were not great sellers to begin with. We've discussed doing Jurassic World comics, but those discussions have stalled out for a variety of business reasons I can't get into. Maybe one day!
Old 01-25-2019, 08:58 AM   #2732
ChosenOne
Banned

Shredder in Hell #4 wasn't mentioned in the solicitations for April, is it still scheduled to come out that month or was it delayed for some reason?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:03 AM   #2733
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Will shredder in hell tie in with the city at war arc with the 100th issues.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #2734
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Shredder in Hell #4 wasn't mentioned in the solicitations for April, is it still scheduled to come out that month or was it delayed for some reason?
It's delayed, #4 and #5 will be solicited for the following months, though I don't know if they will hit those actual months. Sorry, i'm not happy about it either, but I think Mateus' work will be worth the wait.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #2735
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Will shredder in hell tie in with the city at war arc with the 100th issues.
You'll have to wait and see!
Old 01-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #2736
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
It's delayed, #4 and #5 will be solicited for the following months, though I don't know if they will hit those actual months. Sorry, i'm not happy about it either, but I think Mateus' work will be worth the wait.
Thank you! For what it's worth, I'm sure it will!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:31 AM   #2737
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Is TMNT 20/20 canon or another timeline?
Old 01-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #2738
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Quote:
We've done Jurassic Park comics in the past (some of the first comics I worked on as an assistant editor!). While I think most of our JP comics left a lot to be desired they were not great sellers to begin with. We've discussed doing Jurassic World comics, but those discussions have stalled out for a variety of business reasons I can't get into. Maybe one day!
Thank you for your answer! Now I understand the hints you've given few years ago, just months before Jurassic World hit the big screen! I suppose the older JP comics were not big sellers, because the writers were weak. On Ghostbusters and TMNT you have such amazing teams, and thats what makes these comics great! If you'll organize a good team of writers and a unique artist, then JP comics will be a huge cash cow - just like the movies are! Think about it.

I'll be gladly a part of that team. You can contact me here
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:35 AM   #2739
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Is TMNT 20/20 canon or another timeline?
To me questions of future stories being canon is kinda moot. Impossible to say for certain until the timeline reaches that point, right?

It's certainly a possible future!

Last edited by Bobby Curnow; 01-28-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #2740
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Will tmnt idw chracters appear in future adaptions tv,movies and more someday? Also will tokka.rahzar,and lord dregg be added in future idw comics?

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz