The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-27-2005, 08:21 AM   #41
Peanut
Second Gear

I haven't watched Smackdown for oh so long now. I just wish they'd end the damn brand split.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #42
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

I personally like Smackdown, I think it's gotten better esp. with the GM now Teddy Long. Tho I wish that RAW and DS would collide more often, as in, having more RAW vs. SD matches. Kinda like how they did for Wrestlemania 20 last year with Kane vs. Undertaker and Goldberg vs. whatshisname *sorry, brainfart* Can't wait till Wrestlemania 21 tho, and can't wait to see the matches. Also forgot that Royal Rumble is this Sun.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #43
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It turns out SMACKDOWN getting axed was a false alarm, it MAY be cancelled by U.P.N, not WILL be cancelled.

As for SMACKDOWN's product...it's rubbish, John Cena barly wrestles and seems to be relying on his stale gimmick, J.B.L is entertaining, but limited in the ring, Angle is broken down, Eddie is being misused again, Mysterio never gets a chance...

RAW is superior in leaps and bounds, especially with building up a main eventer (batista)

It was Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar by the way...and MAN did that match suck
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #44
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Don't worry Lisardo. Brock is pretty much a brainfart anyway.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:21 PM   #45
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Batista won the Rumble

LOL, The "Randy Sucks" chants got louder every minute during Orton's match, just for the record, he was'nt really concussed, it's part of a new development for him now that he's returning to the mid-card
Old 01-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #46
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
It turns out SMACKDOWN getting axed was a false alarm, it MAY be cancelled by U.P.N, not WILL be cancelled.

As for SMACKDOWN's product...it's rubbish, John Cena barly wrestles and seems to be relying on his stale gimmick, J.B.L is entertaining, but limited in the ring, Angle is broken down, Eddie is being misused again, Mysterio never gets a chance...

RAW is superior in leaps and bounds, especially with building up a main eventer (batista)

It was Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar by the way...and MAN did that match suck

smackdown is 10X better than raw in my opinion and it still sucks. both shows suck actually..just one sucks more than the other.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:17 PM   #47
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel
smackdown is 10X better than raw in my opinion and it still sucks. both shows suck actually..just one sucks more than the other.
And you have substanial evidence to back up that up constructivly?
Old 01-31-2005, 07:56 PM   #48
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Brock was pretty good but I didn't like his quitting attitude.

The thing I can't stand about both shows is the damn divas (all except the 'wrestling' divas). Christy's pretty cool I guess, but the other ones are so dumb and pointless. Just kinda annoying I think. Sorry to any WWE diva-lovers.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:58 PM   #49
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
And you have substanial evidence to back up that up constructivly?
i like the people on smackdown more because of the gimicks, but like you say everyone gets misused. Taker & hiedenriche??? however you spell his name. The undertaker is the man and they put him against that piece of ....cake.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:55 AM   #50
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Raw and Smackdown were awesome tonight.

...Maybe I was biased 'cause I was there :O
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #51
Peanut
Second Gear

I watched the last 40 minutes of RAW on monday. I'm kinda angry that Orton got short changed, his face turn really hurt him. He desperately needs a big heel turn to at least get a solid reaction from the fans, he deserves that much after they f*cked him over on his first title run, and basically on this whole face turn. I'm glad to hear Batista won the Rumble though, should make for some interesting TV. I plan on trying to catch RAW more than I have in the last month or so leading up to WM21.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #52
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
I watched the last 40 minutes of RAW on monday. I'm kinda angry that Orton got short changed, his face turn really hurt him. He desperately needs a big heel turn to at least get a solid reaction from the fans, he deserves that much after they f*cked him over on his first title run, and basically on this whole face turn. I'm glad to hear Batista won the Rumble though, should make for some interesting TV. I plan on trying to catch RAW more than I have in the last month or so leading up to WM21.
You know what was funny, the cheers for Randy Orton were MUCH louder in person than they seemed on TV. Lots of people (inculding myself) were buying the RKO DESTINY shirts, and TONS of people sang along with his entrance theme when he came to the ring.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #53
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Chains
You know what was funny, the cheers for Randy Orton were MUCH louder in person than they seemed on TV. Lots of people (inculding myself) were buying the RKO DESTINY shirts, and TONS of people sang along with his entrance theme when he came to the ring.

You guys were one city, one night earlier, the Rumble crowd was booing his ass, Orton still does have his fans (including me) but it's time to throw him down to the mid-card for now until he's ready as a main eventer
Old 02-02-2005, 09:01 PM   #54
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Acually, most of the people at Raw also went to the Royal Rumble, Fresno and San Jose are really close to eachother. I just think they should have given him Midcard status longer in the first place instead of bumping back down. He should have had like 2 lengthy Intercontinental Title reigns before sending him to Main Event.

I almost say, send him to Smackdown, they could use him there
Old 02-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #55
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

they should just fire orton's butt along with most current superstars. In with new and out with the old exept for a few.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #56
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel
they should just fire orton's butt along with most current superstars. In with new and out with the old exept for a few.
Do you ever stop complaining?
Old 02-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #57
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Wow. I expected a more lengthy response from Peanut on that.

But, since when is Orton "old"? He started around two years ago. Fire him? Why? Maven's been in the WWE longer than Orton. There's no need to fire him. He's got great ring presence, good mic skills, and he can wrestle. Fire him? Unnecessary. Tell that to Vince and he'll wipe his ass with your request.

Anyway, to quote John Cleese, "Now for something completely different."

Did anyone see the Wrestlemania 21 commercial with Triple H and Flair during Smackdown! (those of you who watch it)? It was hilarious.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:07 AM   #58
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Wow. I expected a more lengthy response from Peanut on that.
Oh there probably would have been one, but he's not worth my effort.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #59
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Yeah that commercial had me rolling. It was great.

I watched Smackdown last night, only because as I said, I was in attendance for the taping. Man was I surprised to see how different it looked on TV. They LOWERED The Cheers for Eddie Guerro. In the arena during several Matches "We want Eddie!" chants broke out throughout the taping, and when he came out, the Pop was Deafening.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #60
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The RAW and SMACKDOWN tapings wrapped up in Japan today

Spoiler:
Regal and Tajiri won the World Tag Team Championships from La Resistance, Triple H defeated Edge to keep his championship (no bloody suprise), Orton defeated Tyson Tomko, proving once and for all his push is dead

SMACKDOWN: Nothing much happened at this show, except for a great match between Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling