The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #41
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I think season 2 is decent. I watched all of it for the first time in years recently and thought it held up well, though it's not as good as season 1, 3 or 7. However, it's noticeable as an adult that this was the season when the show started to become repetitive, more lighthearted and dumbed down.

Last edited by Wesley; 04-07-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:22 AM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

Season 2? Well, it's the start of the downwards spiral from the show being fun in a stupid sorta way to being a full on piece of crap.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Season 2? Well, it's the start of the downwards spiral from the show being fun in a stupid sorta way to being a full on piece of crap.
I thought season 4 was the one. That was when the show became too silly and self-aware. That being said, the show was fun still.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:32 AM   #44
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
I often wondered if they were planning to end Shredder and Krang. I mean they were sunk in lava, and it kind of heavily implied they were killed right there. Kind of makes me wonder how the turtles can just bust in when even lava can't melt through the technodrome.
It could've been a way of ending the series if TMNT-interest had declined during Christmas of 1988.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #45
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

I often wondered if they were planning to end Shredder and Krang. I mean they were sunk in lava, and it kind of heavily implied they were killed right there. Kind of makes me wonder how the turtles can just bust in when even lava can't melt through the technodrome
Krang commissioned Drakus to cover the whole thing in a "lava resistant" coating?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #46
Prowler
Emperor

Yeah looking back the Technodrome sinking into lava was a bit too risky for a children's cartoon back in 1988, no? It really implied Shredder and Krang had been burned alive.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #47
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I thought season 4 was the one. That was when the show became too silly and self-aware. That being said, the show was fun still.
I felt it was Season 3 but yeah by Season 4 it totally went that way. Season 2 is pretty serious and closer to what the creators and David Wise were working towards.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #48
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah looking back the Technodrome sinking into lava was a bit too risky for a children's cartoon back in 1988, no? It really implied Shredder and Krang had been burned alive.
If you think about it, they should be been burned anyway. Even if the Technodrome is strong enough to resist lava, the inside of it is more vulnerable. Remember, Donatello blew a hole in it with this ninja stars. That hole was still there. The lava should have seeped into the technodrome and burn Shredder and Krang
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #49
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

I thought season 2 had great artwork and animation, least most of the season it did. Also I like how Leonardo's (Cam Clarke's) voice was still lower in the earlier seasons. My favorite episodes are probably the Sarnoth arc, but the catwoman ep was pretty good, as was the Baxter one.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #50
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
I thought season 2 had great artwork and animation, least most of the season it did. Also I like how Leonardo's (Cam Clarke's) voice was still lower in the earlier seasons. My favorite episodes are probably the Sarnoth arc, but the catwoman ep was pretty good, as was the Baxter one.
I feel the catwoman and alien eggs episode were the weakest of the season but considering how watchable those episodes are that's not bad at all.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #51
Overlord

Quote:
If you think about it, they should be been burned anyway. Even if the Technodrome is strong enough to resist lava, the inside of it is more vulnerable. Remember, Donatello blew a hole in it with this ninja stars. That hole was still there. The lava should have seeped into the technodrome and burn Shredder and Krang
Not if they had some kind of airlocks at some parts.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:00 AM   #52
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I don't like season 2 as much as 1,3 and 7 but I still think its a great season overall.

What I find fascinating about it is that during its time, the show wasn't well established yet as it was in season 3 so it was fun seeing the writers try out new things like making Baxter a fly and rotating Shredder's henchmen.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:06 AM   #53
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I don't like season 2 as much as 1,3 and 7 but I still think its a great season overall.

What I find fascinating about it is that during its time, the show wasn't well established yet as it was in season 3 so it was fun seeing the writers try out new things like making Baxter a fly and rotating Shredder's henchmen.
The rotating henchmen as a great approach and I wish it was something that could have stuck around throughout the series.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #54
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I feel the catwoman and alien eggs episode were the weakest of the season but considering how watchable those episodes are that's not bad at all.
Agreed. I thought it was interesting to see the Turtles team up with Shredder (albeit, briefly), in the Killer Pizzas ep, though. I would have liked if there had been more eps like that.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #55
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

I also like Bebop and Rocksteady spending the first half of the seasonin the Technodrome on that rocky planet, and the second half on Earth.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #56
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

I think the "Eye of Sarnath" arc is one of the FW shows strongest and most iconic storylines, but it starts to slip a little after that. Season 2 was really the transition between the more "serious" and continuity based Season 1, and the more episodic and lighthearted Seasons 3-7. And, since continuity was one of the things that attracted me to the show as a kid, I was disappointed in that change.

And, yeah when the the Technodrome sank in the lava I originally took that as Shredder and Krang's death too, and thought that was the end of the show until I was surprised by a new season. I wonder is there was a stage when that was really supposed to be the finalé.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #57
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Agreed. I thought it was interesting to see the Turtles team up with Shredder (albeit, briefly), in the Killer Pizzas ep, though. I would have liked if there had been more eps like that.
I really think Invasion of the Punk Frogs is underrated. I liked how Shredder tried to frame the Frogs with the Turtles and get them captured by the military. Had all the repeat appearances by the Frogs been done that way they would be remembered better by fans.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #58
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I really think Invasion of the Punk Frogs is underrated. I liked how Shredder tried to frame the Frogs with the Turtles and get them captured by the military. Had all the repeat appearances by the Frogs been done that way they would be remembered better by fans.
Agreed. Shredder was very cunning in that episode. I also liked that the Turtles chose to save the Punk Frogs from the military even though they weren't on their side.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 AM   #59
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Agreed. Shredder was very cunning in that episode. I also liked that the Turtles chose to save the Punk Frogs from the military even though they weren't on their side.
I just wish they were a bit more.... awesome. They got taken down by Leatherhead so embarrassingly bad and didn't do all that much in terms of fighting in their premier episode. Even with the slapstick fighting I never believed the frogs would have posed any kind of threat against the 80's turtles in a straight up fight. When Shredder and the rest made it seem like such a big deal that Leatherhead was able to defeat all 4 armed frogs by himself, even as a kid I was kinda rolling my eyes because it didn't really seem like all that impressive of a feat.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #60
1/2Shell
Random Punk

Season 2 is classic.

I find all the seasons from 1-7 have some good episodes in them. Except maybe season 4. And the European Vacation episodes.
1/2Shell is offline   Reply With Quote