The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #261
Chris
Mad Scientist

Good luck today everyone! Like most of you I'll be trying for a subscription (not too bothered by the poster but the $10 off per figure would be nice) or exclusive version.

If I miss it I might hold off and see what price Sideshow offers the standard edition at as I'd really prefer to flexpay these

Last edited by Chris; 08-27-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #262
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

It says that is just part of the initial sketch for the poster. I don't think Mondo will skimp on the poster as that is what they are known for. I would expect a full color mirage style poster w/ all 4 turtles......just my $.02
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 AM   #263
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
Wow its like a teacher convention in here. I'm also a teacher. Of the 4th grade. Hope to god this goes up during my free period when my kids are in gym. That would be amazing.
I'm a teacher, too.

My feeling is that if I get the exclusives, great. If not, then I'll go through Sideshow and get the reward points.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:08 AM   #264
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I'm a teacher, too.

My feeling is that if I get the exclusives, great. If not, then I'll go through Sideshow and get the reward points.
I'm leaning that way too because I like the Flex payment plan. That would certainly help me out.

Set the alarm for 8 and now my permanent position has been set at my computer desk!

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:08 AM   #265
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

its frustrating, i read at least 5 people asked what time the pre-order will be available and nobody from Mondo replys on the Twitter or Facebook. if they dont come up soon im just gonna go for the Hot Toys Terminator figure instead

this company does terrible business
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:16 AM   #266
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

I'm not real sure of the whole purpose of not wanting anyone to know when they go on sale but it is kind of fun. I just want to know if they take Discover card so I know what card to use at checkout. I don't want to get screwed because they don't accept it and have it be too late to enter a different card.

I tweeted them and contacted them through their site asking about accepted forms of payment and no response...that is frustrating to me.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:27 AM   #267
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
its frustrating, i read at least 5 people asked what time the pre-order will be available and nobody from Mondo replys on the Twitter or Facebook. if they dont come up soon im just gonna go for the Hot Toys Terminator figure instead

I agree this is an asinine way to do business IMO. Matty collector has a similar business model.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:49 AM   #268
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
I'm not real sure of the whole purpose of not wanting anyone to know when they go on sale but it is kind of fun. I just want to know if they take Discover card so I know what card to use at checkout. I don't want to get screwed because they don't accept it and have it be too late to enter a different card.

I tweeted them and contacted them through their site asking about accepted forms of payment and no response...that is frustrating to me.
Just go on their site and add something in stock to the cart and then proceed to act like you are checking out. You can check that way.

I did this for you... They do accept Discover, AMEX, MC, VISA, and more including paypal.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #269
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Just go on their site and add something in stock to the cart and then proceed to act like you are checking out. You can check that way.

I did this for you... They do accept Discover, AMEX, MC, VISA, and more including paypal.
That didn't even cross my mind. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help!!

Old 08-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #270
pihb
Hench Mutant

Quote:

It's not a terrible business practice. They don't respond because they specifically said it will be at a random time for the release. They do this with all their posters.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #271
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihb View Post
It's not a terrible business practice. They don't respond because they specifically said it will be at a random time for the release. They do this with all their posters.
i read that, but almost every other pre-order i have done from other places they give a certain time frame of availability instead of saying "random time" which pretty much forces people to wait at their computers hitting the refresh button. like we dont have plans to do anything else, that is what frustrates me and kinda seems like they dont care about their customers. besides after the First Turtle figure crap i didnt have a high opinion of them in the first place which did not help
Old 08-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #272
pihb
Hench Mutant

Quote:
i read that, but almost every other pre-order i have done from other places they give a certain time frame of availability instead of saying "random time" which pretty much forces people to wait at their computers hitting the refresh button. like we dont have plans to do anything else, that is what frustrates me and kinda seems like they dont care about their customers. besides after the First Turtle figure crap i didnt have a high opinion of them in the first place which did not help
Historically the items go on sale from 10-12 central. you don't have to wait by your computer all day. they will have the basic figure up for sale and only the subscriptions/deluxe are limited.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #273
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihb View Post
Historically the items go on sale from 10-12 central. you don't have to wait by your computer all day. they will have the basic figure up for sale and only the subscriptions/deluxe are limited.
im looking at a subscription since i want all 4 but thanks for that info about the time this is my 2nd time shopping with them so ill check back then
Old 08-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #274
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
A dinky pencil sketch of the toy's bust with ridiculously skinny sword handles...? Wow, lame.
Agreed...hopefully thats just concept art for the full color shot of all 4 turtles...

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #275
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I'm a teacher, too.

Whats the deal with Sideshow? How do you know they will get the figures? Never used them. Looked at the site and I like that flexpay thing. Thats awesome!

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #276
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Whats the deal with Sideshow? How do you know they will get the figures? Never used them. Looked at the site and I like that flexpay thing. Thats awesome!
They have advertised that they will be carrying the regular editions

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #277
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
They have advertised that they will be carrying the regular editions
Are their prices relatively the same as other stores? Or would Mondo be cheaper and the Flex plan be the draw for Sideshow?

Old 08-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #278
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Are their prices relatively the same as other stores? Or would Mondo be cheaper and the Flex plan be the draw for Sideshow?
Price will more then likely be the same, shipping might be different but Sideshows Flexpay is for sure an added bonus. I'm using this method to pay for the Hot Toys 1/6 Scale BTTF DeLorean.

Keep in mind the exclusives will be available on Monday only. If that doesnt matter to you then Sideshow might be the better option for you.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #279
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

I can sort of understand the random time. A lot of companies do this for exclusives. This year was the first year Hasbro Toy Shop announced just even the day they would be up and it caused major issues with their site locking up because everyone was on point ready to go.

However I got really irritated when they don't do it before lunch. That is when they cross the line with me. Your afraid to take a lunch break and waste almost your whole day.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #280
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Seeing how popular these are, I just caved and ordered the good smile Leo. Figure I'll collect that set instead. Happy hunting for everyone trying for the mondos.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt