The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #9901
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

The local Wal-Mart had three sets of the monster turtles. I still haven't seen the monster hunters or the 80's figures.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #9902
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
A Wal-Mart local to me still has really old stock out as far as the main line is concerned. Rahzar, Robotic Foot, Savage Mikey, etc. & the outer space characters. Like, literally the same few figures have sat there for months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
A Walmart employee told me a few months back that if they had any boxes waiting that they would be on the top shelf above the TMNT pegs. I did have luck today and spotted a box up on the top that was sealed. An employee opened it for me and it had two of each monster turtle. The pegs were full yet they had a full case waiting. With that said, it wouldn't hurt to ask!
Similar story at mine, but the pegs at mine are never even full. The last number of times I've checked, over the summer and now, it's been the same story... mostly old stuff and skimpy stock. I DID see maybe 3 or 4 of the Samurai sets with the horses a while ago, but that's the newest stuff I've seen there. None of the original individual figures from that group though. I don't know if I just keep being late to it, of if they just barely ever bother to put anything out since I never see it well stocked. And sadly I don't recall any boxes stored overhead.

And still... Just got back from there, looked again. So little, and no boxes above. Little bit of unboxed stuff in that aisle above, but didn't look like any TMNT.

So little stuff stocked. If they even do have anything in the back, someone needs to get on that. I mean, cripe... where TMNT is literally right next to the stockroom doors, they don't even have to go far.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-19-2017 at 09:20 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #9903
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Similar story at mine, but the pegs at mine are never even full. The last number of times I've checked, over the summer and now, it's been the same story... mostly old stuff and skimpy stock. I DID see maybe 3 or 4 of the Samurai sets with the horses a while ago, but that's the newest stuff I've seen there. None of the original figures from that group though. I don't know if I just keep being late to it, of if they just barely ever bother to put anything out since I never see it well stocked. And sadly I don't recall any boxes stored overhead.

And still... Just got back from there, looked again. So little, and no boxes above. Little bit of unboxed stuff in that aisle above, but didn't look like any TMNT.

So little stuff stocked. If they even do have anything in the back, someone needs to get on that. I mean, cripe... where TMNT is literally right next to the stockroom doors, they don't even have to go far.
When I was at wal-mart I didn't see any tmnt cases above the shelves either. I did see a bunch of new dc multiverse figures out of the case but stacked up above the pegs which still had the same old **** from 4 months back. So I did everyone a favor and ran my arm across the top and knocked em all down.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #9904
Powder
Endless Screw

That's not a favor to anyone. Jesus, all you did was create work for some poor schmuck employee & damage all the packages, which will make collectors not want to buy them. Congrats, you've hurt the toy industry.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #9905
jiggacrazy
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
When I was at wal-mart I didn't see any tmnt cases above the shelves either. I did see a bunch of new dc multiverse figures out of the case but stacked up above the pegs which still had the same old **** from 4 months back. So I did everyone a favor and ran my arm across the top and knocked em all down.
You need therapy.
jiggacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #9906
lonewarrior20
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post

funny lines from
gremlins 2 the new batch

Brain Gremlin: [on telephone] Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #9907
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, if someone did that where I work I'd be wanting to smack them upside the head. I've got plenty enough to do already without anyone purposely being jerky and making more work for me.

That said though, Walmart does frustrate me. I don't know if they're too understaffed (like everyone else in retail anymore) or if they've just got them all focusing on the Christmas crap they're putting out now, or what, but I couldn't even find the damn PASTA at first last night. Walking back and forth at the ends of the aisles wondering where it went since they recently shifted some things around.

And no wonder I couldn't find it, they'd shrank the pasta section a bit AND the shelves were so scarce... But, oh look, there's plenty stacked up overhead where you can't reach it. Far too out of reach to even try. The hell? Are there really now no people with the duties of going through the aisles and filling the shelves when they get skimpy? Or at the very least a step stool for customers would be appreciated... Even the air fresher I wanted was all overhead, but lower, and luckily I caught it when trying to get it down (with one of those fire starters/lighter things - yeah real smart to display those an a aisle full of aerosol cans!), rather than crack myself in the face with it.

No pasta, no TMNT, other things out of reach... *sigh*

edit: So stopped in at TRU. Pretty much the same story as my Walmart. They've got more boxed/bigger items than Walmart, but they have even fewer of the regular figures...maybe three or four? (No Monsters arc of course.) Section cut way down now; maybe a quarter of that side of the aisle when it used to be 3/4th of it. Pretty sad.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-19-2017 at 01:30 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote