The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 06:09 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So this one turned out as expected. Unfortunately.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:51 PM   #22
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioConvoy View Post
I asked for people's criticisms of this show. Not for you to have a lover's quarrel/pissing match in this thread just because people are saying things you don't like. I'm asking people for this info for a reason. If you don't like it, you can haunt other threads.

This is the last time I want to have this out with you.
I think it should be obvious what didn’t work - in that this show wasn’t really on brand, aside from very loose ties to the source material. Stepping back, it could have been any characters on an adventure. The feel is also unpleasant - which I think is the biggest problem, and while I’m sure it wasn’t cheap, the animation feels cheap. The big awkward square heads, the flat flash simplified look, it all feels like they belong to the powderpuff universe, and at least for me, thats the last thing I want from TMNT.

There are good artists who could really bring flare to TMNT, this was not the right fit, too ugly and too “wrong”

For TPTB that are listening, I humbly submit:

If the show had looked like the above, with less emphasis on humour and more on deep storytelling, you'd have made a killing.

Now that’s my opinion, but also the sentiment that I have seen echoed in facebook groups and other social media. Nobody wants the look and feel of Bays turtles, at all.

Well except for trollface up there, but as has been said before, he isn’t a tmnt fan to start with, so his opinion is of little to no relevance.

Last edited by TommyT; 12-12-2019 at 09:08 PM.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

LioConvoy:

Hi! Welcome (back) to The Technodrome! Everyone is just the absolute worst and the place smells like bad opinions and sour milk. Wasn't this an extremely productive use of your time? Isn't your faith in this fandom just bursting through the roof? Aren't you glad you came back???

I know nothing warms MY heart more than knowing for a fact that most of the people who love one of my all-time favorite things are the living, breathing embodiment of festering herpes sores. Doesn't make me feel like I've wasted my life or anything, no sir. I'm proud to know each and every one of these people.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:25 AM   #24
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
LioConvoy:

Hi! Welcome (back) to The Technodrome! Everyone is just the absolute worst and the place smells like bad opinions and sour milk. Wasn't this an extremely productive use of your time? Isn't your faith in this fandom just bursting through the roof? Aren't you glad you came back???

I know nothing warms MY heart more than knowing for a fact that most of the people who love one of my all-time favorite things are the living, breathing embodiment of festering herpes sores. Doesn't make me feel like I've wasted my life or anything, no sir. I'm proud to know each and every one of these people.
WTF? Speaking to the room or not, that’s a bit much.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:18 AM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

Sir. I have been here a very, very, VERY long time and ran out of f*cks to give sometime around 2008.

I am one of the very few who remain from the "Old Guard", back in the Long Long Ago. It was a simpler time, dare I say a happier one... An age of e-mail lists and Welcome Mangoes, and a place where wisened Sages such as HorseTechie and AzureTurtle kept vigilant watch in order to protect the weak, the young, and the helpless against vile creatures such as Jarrah White and PWDesai. Myself and the legend known as Grunger Kittie, known by some as Alison Chains, and by still others as GK Punk, known currently as "That Guy Nobody Has Seen Or Heard From In Like 87 Years", were the Knights Anointed, given reign by our sovereign Krang himself to weed out the weak, the useless, and the stupid, so as to protect the sanctity of this realm and defend all who dwelt within it, because Krang used to go to bed mad early sometimes and the malcontents mostly logged on after midnight. Thus, the task fell to us, with surreptitious assist from the fair maiden Machias Banshee, to trick these undesirable reprobates into getting themselves banned, so the grown-ups could go back to having an actual conversation.

It was a Golden Age. Everyone was mostly drunk, everyone had close-ups of girls' butts in their sig pics for some reason, and you could make a simple joke about having a dead hooker in your crawlspace without having some snowflake tattletale go crying to the Mods. For a time, the Kingdom thrived, and conversation was lively. Unlike today, dozens upon dozens of threads would be lit up like Christmas trees at all hours of the day with nary a lull to be had. It was glorious. CyberCubed was still here but nothing's perfect.

But then, things changed. Our benevolent leader, Krang, abandoned us without explanation, and the Kingdom fell into chaos. Respected and beloved Mods had the audacity to get jobs, and in the absence of any true leadership, the constituents turned on each other, with violence and ill-intent. While Krang's hand was firm, but fair, once it became openly known that words and actions no longer carried any consequences, it was like blood in the water. The fun, stimulating, and occasionally intellectually-stimulating conversations of years past were replaced by rampant sh*tposting and unprovoked personal attacks, and one by one, all but a few of the Legendary posters of the days of yore tragically succumbed to the disease we now know as, "Too Old For This Sh*t".

Andrew, CyberCubed, and myself are among the last of the Old Guard. And the things we have seen and the scars we carry weigh heavily upon us. We are not as we were; we are darker, forever changed by our gaze into the abyss and being forced to watch everything we once helped build be set ablaze and turn to ash.

Well, what *I* helped build, at least. Cubed has always been more of a court jester than anything. And Andrew has managed to hold onto more of his sanity than some, simply because by all accounts he was pretty much a goddamn lush to start with, so on that very little has changed. Although I do think he's lost some weight since then.

This place is not as it once was. The Old Gods have abandoned us; the soil is sour, and tainted, no longer capable of producing anything but withered, rotting fruit. Its caretakers have all but given up, leaving those of us who remain to eat each other like rabid, ravenous dogs. And soon - perhaps not tomorrow, but sooner than anyone wants to believe - there will be nothing left but bittersweet memories of a much better time, a much better place, and a much, much better looking group of people.

Nowadays it's a bunch of 40-something guys in TMTN pajamas trying to convince the rest of us that Rise and BayTurtles aren't really all that bad, and praising NECA for their terrible, terrible retail stock and customer service policies. Less of a fall from grace, and more like a fall from Heaven and landing directly in an Arby's dumpster. In Mississippi. On the sweatiest day in August.

I confess, I have given up my soul and any chance of hope or salvation. But ask yourself this: Were you in my place, having seen what I have seen... Would we really be so different? I'm not so terribly certain.

In brief... I've seen some things, man. And some stuff. And I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 12-13-2019, 02:00 AM   #26
TommyT
Banned

Ok, great.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Did you read it in Jeremy Irons's voice? I get the feeling that somehow you didn't. I probably should have mentioned that was important.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:07 AM   #28
AquaParade
Banned

I love the design suggestions posted above. I'd agree that, put simply, the show is just too far off brand, with no compelling justification for being that way.

I'm a guy that loves remixes, reinterpretations, etc. But this was too far off for even me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:29 AM   #29
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Sir. I have been here a very, very, VERY long time and ran out of f*cks to give sometime around 2008.

Andrew, CyberCubed, and myself are among the last of the Old Guard. And the things we have seen and the scars we carry weigh heavily upon us. We are not as we were; we are darker, forever changed by our gaze into the abyss and being forced to watch everything we once helped build be set ablaze and turn to ash.

Well, what *I* helped build, at least. Cubed has always been more of a court jester than anything. And Andrew has managed to hold onto more of his sanity than some, simply because by all accounts he was pretty much a goddamn lush to start with, so on that very little has changed. Although I do think he's lost some weight since then.

This place is not as it once was. The Old Gods have abandoned us; the soil is sour, and tainted, no longer capable of producing anything but withered, rotting fruit. Its caretakers have all but given up, leaving those of us who remain to eat each other like rabid, ravenous dogs. And soon - perhaps not tomorrow, but sooner than anyone wants to believe - there will be nothing left but bittersweet memories of a much better time, a much better place, and a much, much better looking group of people.

Nowadays it's a bunch of 40-something guys in TMTN pajamas trying to convince the rest of us that Rise and BayTurtles aren't really all that bad, and praising NECA for their terrible, terrible retail stock and customer service policies. Less of a fall from grace, and more like a fall from Heaven and landing directly in an Arby's dumpster. In Mississippi. On the sweatiest day in August.

I confess, I have given up my soul and any chance of hope or salvation. But ask yourself this: Were you in my place, having seen what I have seen... Would we really be so different? I'm not so terribly certain.

In brief... I've seen some things, man. And some stuff. And I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm still here ;o).. February 2002.

Actually, this is one of the few saner places. Minus the mods, other than Jester, who have gone to the dark side of SJW madness....It's one of the saner places to try and have an actual discussion o nthe days of old.

One of the places I HAVE given up flying ***** of hope is ANOTHER board that I have been a member of since 2002. That place is filled with people who will insult you simply for not liking the current iteration of the current 'greatest thing ever', no matter how you phrase your opinion. and I've basically retreated to the Tar Swamp and hardly post there anymore.

here, you can at least still have some fun once in a while. so long as you keep an healthy ignore list active.

Some places I have given up hope. I just don't care anymore. Apart from the mod situation, here I don't think it's that desperate yet.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #30
LioConvoy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Oh cry me a river I can't make a Rise thread without TommyTurds calling me a troll so don't act all uppity just because I'm "derailing" your thread because guess what literally every thread here gets derailed and just because you are making an anniversary video doesn't mean you get special treatment.Also its not like people aren't making criticism to the show the person above this post literally did so its not like me replying to people are stopping them from doing what you asked, you decided to make a thread on a forum which is free for everyone to reply to so if you don't want any some sort of argument then private message them or something.
1. Any beef between you and Tommy has nothing to do with my request here.

2. I will call you uppity if I wish, and you will sit there and take it.

3. Special treatment = / = staying on topic. If you are this objectively stupid, I can see why so many people don't like you.

4. Most people with a functional brain can read a room and determine what someone is requesting. You literally have the rest of this forum to have your mentally-challenged arguments on. I asked for you not to do it on this one thread. How's it feel to be incapable of following directions that even a DOG can follow?

I don't care if you're the #1 biggest fan of this show. This thread's purpose isn't to watch you cry and moan for what people are saying here.

Piss.

Off.
LioConvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:50 AM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I'm still here ;o).. February 2002.
You'd stand out more in my memory if you 1. Bought a T-shirt, and 2. Reminded everyone how great I am more often. Y'know, like those other guys I'm always talking to... Whatsizname and Whozits. I always put them over big.

Ah, He-Man.org? I actually never bothered with their forums, not even back in the day. I mostly used that website for research and brushing up on history and whatnot. I like He-Man way more than Ninja Turtles, so this forum completely turned me off to ever joining a forum where I could possibly interact with other people who like the same things I do. It simply doesn't end well. I want to continue liking He-Man, therefore I refuse to talk to other fans about it. But if their forum sucks, I can't say I'm surprised, just disappointed.

I don't Block/Ignore because I think it's kind of childish, but I'm sure it works fine for some. I'd guess there are dozens of people who have me on Ignore, at minimum.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:55 AM   #32
LioConvoy
Random Punk

Quote:
You'd stand out more in my memory if you 1. Bought a T-shirt, and 2. Reminded everyone how great I am more often. Y'know, like those other guys I'm always talking to... Whatsizname and Whozits. I always put them over big.

Ah, He-Man.org? I actually never bothered with their forums, not even back in the day. I mostly used that website for research and brushing up on history and whatnot. I like He-Man way more than Ninja Turtles, so this forum completely turned me off to ever joining a forum where I could possibly interact with other people who like the same things I do. It simply doesn't end well. I want to continue liking He-Man, therefore I refuse to talk to other fans about it. But if their forum sucks, I can't say I'm surprised, just disappointed.

I don't Block/Ignore because I think it's kind of childish, but I'm sure it works fine for some. I'd guess there are dozens of people who have me on Ignore, at minimum.
I got a temp-ban from that forum a few years ago because I said certain comic writers were morons that had no idea what they were writing for. Apparently, they have a rule where you can't say mean things about people that work on the properties. That site is so insistent on being in the good graces of a corporation that it kills real discussion,
Old 12-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

HAH, were you here when someone from Nick had me Temp-Banned for my not-so-nice opinions about Rise? Sh*t's going around, man. These corporate types are so sensitive. And they apparently have not a lot better to do than make sure no fanboys are saying mean things about them. Ain't that about a bitch, eh?

Old 12-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #34
LioConvoy
Random Punk

Oh, I haven't been paying attention to that garbage site since the temp-ban. I'm a hard-core ThunderCats fan, and they didn't like me tearing the MOTU/ThunderCats crossover apart.

Then again, I also got perma-banned from the biggest ThunderCats message board.....because I said mean things about the He-Man board.

****-monglers, the lot of them!
Old 12-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #35
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Only criticism I have is that I wish there where more episodes available, the show is absolutely rocking, it easily kicks FW and 2k3 out of the water and it's humor have a lot more hits compared TO 2012.

Quote:
Oh, I haven't been paying attention to that garbage site since the temp-ban. I'm a hard-core ThunderCats fan, and they didn't like me tearing the MOTU/ThunderCats crossover apart.

Then again, I also got perma-banned from the biggest ThunderCats message board.....because I said mean things about the He-Man board.

****-monglers, the lot of them!
Maybe it's you and not everyone else
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #36
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I got a temp-ban from that forum a few years ago because I said certain comic writers were morons that had no idea what they were writing for. Apparently, they have a rule where you can't say mean things about people that work on the properties. That site is so insistent on being in the good graces of a corporation that it kills real discussion,
I got nastied for daring to dislike the new she-ra show and not 'respecting' the creators and instantly kissing their boots. yeah. I started posting less after that.

Old 12-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #37
LioConvoy
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Only criticism I have is that I wish there where more episodes available, the show is absolutely rocking, it easily kicks FW and 2k3 out of the water and it's humor have a lot more hits compared TO 2012.

Maybe it's you and not everyone else
In the sense of “they’re obsessed with ‘positivity-only’ and you’re not allowed to be critical because we have an addiction to feed”, yes, it absolutely IS me, and not them. Because I refuse to lie to myself and others. Forced, corporate-origined positivity can die in a tire fire.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I can't believe you forgot to add that "Nemesis" is the best Star Trek movie, "The Spaghetti Incident?!" is the best Guns N Roses album, and Rocky V was Stallone's greatest masterpiece.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #39
Vegita-San
Emperor

that has to be a troll post at this point.

I'm a big FW fanboy and 4Kids blows that out of the water. nothing else comes close...surely not rise .

Old 12-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #40
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
1. Any beef between you and Tommy has nothing to do with my request here.

2. I will call you uppity if I wish, and you will sit there and take it.

3. Special treatment = / = staying on topic. If you are this objectively stupid, I can see why so many people don't like you.

4. Most people with a functional brain can read a room and determine what someone is requesting. You literally have the rest of this forum to have your mentally-challenged arguments on. I asked for you not to do it on this one thread. How's it feel to be incapable of following directions that even a DOG can follow?

I don't care if you're the #1 biggest fan of this show. This thread's purpose isn't to watch you cry and moan for what people are saying here.

Piss.

Off.
1. Don't care used him as an example

2.Not doing that

3. Again there are tons of threads that go off topic so yes you asking for everyone to do what you want is special treatment also off topic but what is with this site and using the word "objective" as an adjective. Also at least I never been temp ban like seriously how do you get temp ban when you have less than a 100 posts maybe should take care of the controlling personalty you have.

4. Well I'm not a dog and I have no reason to do what you exactly want me to do okay. You are a member of this forum and if people don't do what you want on this thread you have no right to tell them what to do it happens to literally everyone who makes a thread but for some reason you're the only person who complains about it.

As long as I see something I want to reply to, I'll reply.

Quote:
In the sense of “they’re obsessed with ‘positivity-only’ and you’re not allowed to be critical because we have an addiction to feed”, yes, it absolutely IS me, and not them. Because I refuse to lie to myself and others. Forced, corporate-origined positivity can die in a tire fire.
What's with people in their 30s not comprehending that some people might like some interpretations better than the ones they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I love the design suggestions posted above. I'd agree that, put simply, the show is just too far off brand, with no compelling justification for being that way.

I'm a guy that loves remixes, reinterpretations, etc. But this was too far off for even me.
For over the past 10 years we had the same turtles filling in the same roles fighting the same enemies, if thats not a compelling justification to be off brand I don't know what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I think is the biggest problem, and while I’m sure it wasn’t cheap, the animation feels cheap. The big awkward square heads, the flat flash simplified look, it all feels like they belong to the powderpuff universe, and at least for me, thats the last thing I want from TMNT.
That's not animation thats design

Quote:
Now that’s my opinion, but also the sentiment that I have seen echoed in facebook groups and other social media. Nobody wants the look and feel of Bays turtles, at all.
Meanwhile its enjoyed on places like Twitter, Reddit, Sakugabooru, and tumblr or you can just say they aren't "rEal FAnS"

Quote:
Well except for trollface up there, but as has been said before, he isn’t a tmnt fan to start with, so his opinion is of little to no relevance.
Hey remember when Tom Waltz called you out for making dumb conspiracies, good to see you didn't learn that lesson.

Quote:
I got nastied for daring to dislike the new she-ra show and not 'respecting' the creators and instantly kissing their boots. yeah. I started posting less after that.
I'm pretty sure you tried to slander the creator

Quote:
that has to be a troll post at this point.

I'm a big FW fanboy and 4Kids blows that out of the water. nothing else comes close...surely not rise .
Again opinions some people have them

Last edited by PApagreg; 12-13-2019 at 10:49 AM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote