The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
Spidergreg
Stone Warrior
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 877
How long is Batman vs TMNT?

I recently saw this on blu-ray and am thinking of getting it but have no idea what i'm getting into. Is this like a 2 hour movie or is this like a series? If so, how many episodes?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 17,701
84 minutes.

Not trying to be mean or anything, and I'm happy to help since I've got nothing better to do, but this was a Google question. That's all I did.

As far as I know they were planning to make a sequel but who knows with the current situation. I kinda think animated films are a super-low priority right now. Might be delayed a couple years, might be cancelled altogether. We'll see.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #3
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist
 
wpugh2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Triceraton Republic
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
84 minutes.

Not trying to be mean or anything, and I'm happy to help since I've got nothing better to do, but this was a Google question. That's all I did.

As far as I know they were planning to make a sequel but who knows with the current situation. I kinda think animated films are a super-low priority right now. Might be delayed a couple years, might be cancelled altogether. We'll see.
Movie was amazing
Hope they continue this series
__________________
"Go! Move it, will ya? Aw, you're letting him blow right by ya! Can you believe this guy? Come on! Don't just...! Ninja-kick the damn rabbit! Do something!"
wpugh2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,027
I always say this, but I wish I enjoyed this film as much as many fans here. On paper, it should be right up my alley, but the execution didn't work for me as well as it did for others here.

Still, overall, it does make me happy to see a TMNT product warmly received by the fans, especially when it isn't quite as neutered as the other products within it's shared medium. I fully support seeing Raphael knock the crimson-red blood out of an opponent's face and will totally give the sequel a chance if it arrives.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:43 AM   #5
IMJ
Mad Scientist
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
but this was a Google question. That's all I did.




Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Movie was amazing
Hope they continue this series
I thought so too.... I was really surprised at how well the franchises gelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I always say this, but I wish I enjoyed this film as much as many fans here.
I was unsure about this at first too, but as soon as the first Batman/Shredder fight went down I was pulled in completely.
__________________
Collection Photos
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 11,461
Just a typical cartoon movie length. Definitely worth owning. It's not often we get something with a darker edge like this and made with older fans in mind.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:10 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 17,701
I haven't seen it yet. Kinda not in love with the art style. I probably shouldn't let it bother me, but... I do.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 11,461
Yeah, I'm not overly into the art style either, and to be perfectly honest I wish the trend of odd limb proportions (and chunky feet) in cartoons would end (why are Turtle cankles a thing these days?), but in motion... eh, it's mostly tolerable and the movie itself is decent. I think if the TMNT's designs didn't seem quite as flat as compared to some of the other characters it would be an improvement.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:34 AM   #9
IMJ
Mad Scientist
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I haven't seen it yet. Kinda not in love with the art style. I probably shouldn't let it bother me, but... I do.
I thought the same thing man, but if you can somehow at least watch the first few minutes through the first Batman Shredder fight and see if it pulls you in....
__________________
Collection Photos
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 11,461
Batman vs. Shredder is definitely the fight we never knew we needed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #11
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, I'm not overly into the art style either, and to be perfectly honest I wish the trend of odd limb proportions (and chunky feet) in cartoons would end (why are Turtle cankles a thing these days?), but in motion... eh, it's mostly tolerable and the movie itself is decent. I think if the TMNT's designs didn't seem quite as flat as compared to some of the other characters it would be an improvement.
I don't mind the Batman art style but the TMNT needed some serious work to look decent.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:36 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 17,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I thought the same thing man, but if you can somehow at least watch the first few minutes through the first Batman Shredder fight and see if it pulls you in....
Well, I was gonna buy the disc once it was cheap and now I can't buy anything except food for the rest of the year unless things dramatically improve. So, oh well.

I imagine I will survive without it in the meantime.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.