The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-12-2020, 12:44 PM   #3501
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dental work is not a happy maker, but I'm glad it's over. Was a little uneasy also over the idea of getting up close and personal mouth stuff done with that virus lurking out there, and of course it is now confirmed in this state today... but at least the appointment is done with before the virus starts showing up beyond the university.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 PM   #3502
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Managed to get one of the Hot Topic spring exclusive ECCC funko pops. I got Zatanna Zatara DC's backwards talking magician
Old 03-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #3503
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

They're predicting early cherry blossoms this year. One in the park near me bloomed super early.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #3504
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw a small one in my area yesterday that was already open too. Been so mild this winter relatively speaking.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:26 PM   #3505
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I watched this video for the first time in a while and it really cheered me up.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 03-23-2020 at 10:36 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:46 AM   #3506
newfan
Mad Scientist

The little things: Warm sunny weather, just sparked a good mood for the morning when I went out into my garden (it'll be cold again next week apparently). Just going to stream a song that is playing in my head and make the most of it.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #3507
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sad that our A.C. Moore (craft store chain) is closed now, and figured that if it hadn't yet this lockdown would probably be the end of it. But I'm glad to have seen today that it will in fact be one of the lucky few to become a Michaels (competitor craft store). I'd have rather still had both stores, since it's nice to have a 2nd chance when hunting for something, and little sad that it gives me less reason to visit the one up by the mall, but will be grateful to still have a craft store near home and not being left with only the one by the mall as I hate the roads and traffic around there.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #3508
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well, the roses hubby had ordered before Valentine's FINALLY arrived today. They are- pretty, if a bit underwhelming as "holographic recreations molded from real roses", but it was the thought that was important. Still have not received the refund he was promised since they are over a month late (were "guaranteed to arrive by Valentine's day), but at least they finally got here. They will go in my vase with all my other artificial flowers.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #3509
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
"holographic recreations molded from real roses"
I can't even begin with figure out what this is. lol Was there any explanation at all as to why it's over a month late? Good grief.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #3510
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Google "Galaxy roses". They have a website, apparently, and what is shown is far nicer looking than what was sent. Basically seems like a money grab with cheaper materials than advertised. And expensive for what we got, to boot. They basically look like transparent, rainbow-shimmery roses on "gold" stems, with that kind of holographic color-changing effect. Supposedly each is molded individually from a real rose, so that each one is "unique". But both of mine were identical. Nice concept, but a bit of a letdown after a month and a half of waiting, plus STILL no refund.

As far as the delay, they came from Germany through China then to LA. But the company is supposedly based in the US! Weird route. Corona, maybe? Can't even figure out why they were shipped through multiple countries that way, it makes no sense!

Old 03-26-2020, 10:33 AM   #3511
Icebot
Foot Elite

Looking at old photos from inside a house I haven’t been to since I was a kid made me happy.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #3512
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Google "Galaxy roses". They have a website, apparently, and what is shown is far nicer looking than what was sent. Basically seems like a money grab with cheaper materials than advertised. And expensive for what we got, to boot. They basically look like transparent, rainbow-shimmery roses on "gold" stems, with that kind of holographic color-changing effect. Supposedly each is molded individually from a real rose, so that each one is "unique". But both of mine were identical. Nice concept, but a bit of a letdown after a month and a half of waiting, plus STILL no refund.

As far as the delay, they came from Germany through China then to LA. But the company is supposedly based in the US! Weird route. Corona, maybe? Can't even figure out why they were shipped through multiple countries that way, it makes no sense!
Ohhh, the images are cool looking, shame that they're not as impressive in person. Hope you guys get that refund eventually if they said there would be one. Odd shipping route... With the virus it's a wonder they showed up during this virus.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:45 AM   #3513
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

The cherry blossoms are finally blooming here. Oddly, today the park was not crowded at all. Maybe because it's been rainy. The other days the place has been pretty packed.

Anyway, it's a nice view to have during the disaster. I'll miss it after I'm dead.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:09 PM   #3514
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy maker... ran into and caught up with the owner of a little game private server a friend and I had joined like... ten years ago. Had played a good amount back then and I'd eventually become a GM. Did that for a couple of years, but the place had largely grown quiet and life changes pretty much forced me to move on for the most part for some years.

We'd check it out now and then, see that it's still around, but never ran into anyone. (Though my old computer is just fine having no player induced lag.) Though with this lockdown we'd recently seen a couple others, that I suspected was the daughter of the owner of it. THEN this guy and a few others were on tonight, making a family night of it, and later chatted with him a while, so that was nice.

Friend and I were always afraid they might eventually do away with it (which would suck because as a GM I put a lot of work into making stuff myself too, including a whole Halloween area in an empty spot in the game so it would be sad to see that stop existing), so I'm glad they were able to see that a couple of us DO stop by some evenings. Would be nice to see some other old faces come back.

4/10 -- Haha! Took watching eBay for I guess around 2 1/2 years (?), but my thanks to the seller who listed an affordable loose 2012 Monster Hunter Leo. Wasn't sure I'd ever get my hands on one.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-10-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:27 AM   #3515
Icebot
Foot Elite

Got invited to an online chat with my former high school classmates.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #3516
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Our stimulus money came, at just the right time, about a week ago, and yesterday I used a bit of it to order hubby's anniversary gift- a new dresser to replace the one he has now, which is falling apart. To which he has reciprocated by ordering me some bath bombs and a couple of books and figures I wanted. Today I got the text that the dresser is on it's way, along with a few TMNT tpb's I was hoping to get caught up on. So happy to know we will soon be able to have a proper place for his wardrobe again! (Currently most of it either sits inside the shell of the old dresser, with nothing to separate any of it, or is in the laundry basket indefinitely.)

Old 04-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #3517
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Actually being productive today. This staying/doing everything from home thing has been an adjustment for me, and at first I had a tough time getting myself going and getting things done. I wouldn't call it depression, but I found it difficult not to just veg out. Got several things I needed to do done today.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #3518
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ordered a daylily the other day via eBay for my mom for an early Mother's Day gift. Not only did the seller refund me a few dollars (I think because I'd only bought the one and the flat rate shipping wasn't cheap), but they sent me two of the daylily I'd bought AND another freebie of a different name.

So a small refund and three for the price of one? Awesome. And kinda makes up for dealing with another seller who wasn't so great.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:51 AM   #3519
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

My TMNT comics and bath bombs finally arrived yesterday! So now I am up to vol. 21, so I am at least semi-caught up on the series, though I still need to get the Shredder in Hell and Jennika mini-series. But those can wait a bit. Equally happy to get the bombs, as it's a set of 12 scents, which I've used before, and they are heavenly. Hubby's new dresser is temporarily a bust, since he fell on it and broke one of the back boards, but we have a replacement on the way.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:59 PM   #3520
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds jets fly over the local hospital. No extended flight path like the other "stops," just a quick swing through the area, but nice to be included in it.