The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Was Dave Beaver the most dangerous of the Dream Beavers?

I can't help it, "In dreams" is my favorite episode of the Horror themed season three episodes. I put it on frequently because I love the way they handled all the references to those classic horror movies but also how they made every Dream Beaver to be another take on what a Nightmare can be.

Dark Beaver represents the kind of nightmare where it's just impossible to get away, he turns up on every corner and taunts Donnie throughout "I'm going to eat you!"

Dread Beaver is the kind of nightmare which focuses on phobia, we see him freaking Raph out to such a degree that the latter is so frozen in fear that he doesn't even try to fight.

Dire Beaver is the kind of nightmare where the one who's dreaming has super powers and all of a sudden has to fight somebody who is far stronger than they are, no chance of them winning. He focuses on Leo's ego and takes him to school with it.

That is all pretty nasty but I have the idea that the nastiest of them all actually is Dave Beaver.

Because Dave is the kind of Nightmare where he is the host at a party, he's charming, funny, laughing but in time his friendly slaps on the back turn into punches which then turn into stabs but it's all coated in "Boy aren't we having fun here?" Dave acts all dimwitted but he probably is the smartest of all Dream Beavers, knowing full well that being friendly is a sure way for people to welcome you into their heart and that's when he stabs you.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

"Hi, Mikey!"

"Shut up, Dave!"

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #4
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

You attract bees with honey.

That quote...is sort of applicable? Think of those serial killers who lured their victims in by being friendly and approachable.

Granted Mikey is kind of dumb so maybe that wasn't even necessary.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I wouldn't say he's the smartest of the four of them. He is certainly the least threatening by appearance and action when compared to the others. However, he is, in contrast, one of the more darker ones because he leads his victims to a happy place and then kills them. Unfortunately, they don't always realize what's happening before it's too late.

It's kinda like that pleasure island moment in Disney's Pinocchio. A group of boys is taken to a theme park where they can fight, drink, smoke, gamble, and perform acts of wanton destruction...anything that their parents and society forbid them from doing. Unfortunately, this turns out to be a trap because each of the boys are gradually turned into donkeys during their time at pleasure island. The boys that were completely transformed were sent off to be slaves at salt mines. While the ones who are able to express some remorse are still able to talk, it's unclear what happens to them aside from them being imprisoned. It's possible their transformation occurred at a slower rate then it did with the more evil kids like "Lampwick", but as far as we know they may have been deemed useless and were thus skinned to make leather from their hides.

or the story of the Dancing Princesses, the oldest princess is seduced to this alternate world where she dances all night a person she believes is a handsome prince and every morning she would be completely exhausted her shoes would be tattered and warn through. When her father asks where she had been she insists she had not left the castle all night, and there were no reports from the guards that she had been seen leaving. Soon after the other princesses see her preparing to leave, and insist on going with her. This makes the king angry and he does drastic things such a posting extra guards around the castle, and even locking the door to the princess's bedchamber at night. None of this helps, so he beings hiring people to learn how to his daughters are escaping the castle with the promise that they could pick one of the princesses to be their bride. Many try and all are imprisoned for their failure. One young gentleman decides to try his luck, while he is keeping watch one of the princesses brings him some drugged wine he pretends to fall for their trap. But soon discovers where they were escaping too, and learns the handsome men the princesses believe they are truly dancing with are actually a group of demons who are actually feeding on the princesses life energy.

Last edited by victory_angel; 02-24-2019 at 03:05 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting

I'm still salty they never made action figures of Dave or Dread Beaver.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote